Windows 10: Problem with my screen turning black after unhooking headphones?

Discus and support Problem with my screen turning black after unhooking headphones? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok here's whats happening I have a emachine el1360G originally windows 7 but recently upgraded to windows 10 pro. I had no previous problems with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dawnrenee1988, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Problem with my screen turning black after unhooking headphones?

Ok here's whats happening I have a emachine el1360G originally windows 7 but recently upgraded to windows 10 pro.

I had no previous problems with my headphones. There the kind you just plug in there nothing special. There the 5.00 ones from walmart. So like I said nothing special.

Sometimes when I unplug the headphones the screen will flicker black a few times.

For example tonight I was watching a few videos with my headphones on from youtube. The headphones worked fine and no flashing screen. But then the cord came unplugged and then I went to my music folder without noticing the headphones were unplugged. And the screen flickered black twice. And then when I went into the artists folder it flashed twice again.

Then I looked at the cord and plugged it back in and clicked on a .mp3 file to open and there was no more flashing.

So it only happens when the headphones come unhooked but if I turn the computer on without plugging in the headphones and then do the same thing with opening the folders and files there's no flashing screen.

I was told once it maybe because I don't have updated display drivers but I checked tonight and I do. So now I'm stumped.

I don't have any idea where to go from here.

:)

dawnrenee1988, Aug 9, 2015

2. output monitor to TV

I've had windows 8 for a while. I recently changed to windows 10. Before the change, I had no problems outputting the monitor to the TV.

Now when I hook the VGA cord to my computer, the screen goes black, but there is nothing on the TV.

The only way to get the monitor so I can see it is to unhook the VGA cable to the TV.

JohnFoxjohn, Aug 9, 2015
  3. my htc Windows Phone turn to a black screen after an update installation

my htc Windows Phone turn to a black screen after an update installationmy htc Windows Phone turn to a black screen after an update installation

wadadagyan, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Skylais Win User

Problem with my screen turning black after unhooking headphones?

Hi,
    Download the tool
    AMD Driver Autodetect

and continue until you get to a screen that lets you select between custom and recommended. Select custom and continue until it shows you what you can check or un-check to download. If there is a HD audio driver update, update it. Otherwise, close the program or press cancel.
    Please do the following
    open device manager by searching it or right clicking the start icon and selecting device manager.
    From there open the audio inputs and outputs tab.
    For each device present there, do the following
    1. Right click and select Properties
    2. Click the Details tab
    3. Under property, select device instance path
    4. Paste the strings back in a reply.

Skylais, Aug 9, 2015
  5. I tried to run it and all it says is. AMD Catalyst AutoDetect "We are unable to find a driver for your system" Graphic hardware AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics Processor AMD E-300 with radeon HD graphics. Operating system windows 10 64-bit.

That's all it dose. I have no clue where to go from here plus last night I checked a few things and it shows that my drivers for my audio and display are all up to date.

dawnrenee1988, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Skylais Win User
    try pasting the strings from the instructions for me to take a look at

Skylais, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problem with my screen turning black after unhooking headphones?

1. Problem with my screen turning black after unhooking headphones? - Similar Threads - Problem screen turning

2. Black screen after turning on the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after turning on the PC: So basically I am having a black screen after turning on my PC and I cannot do any shortcuts of keys that I found on the internet like CTRL+WIN+SHIFT+B and CTRL+ALT+DEL. I tried every method but it's didn't work pls help...
  3. Black screen after turning on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after turning on my PC: First of all I would like to mention that I have been having some problems with my drivers' software/updates in the last months.Yesterday I left my PC for one hour, and the display closed due to inactivity timeout.When I came back and tried to wake the display, it didn't...
  4. Black screen after turning on my PC

Black screen after turning on my PC: First of all I would like to mention that I have been having some problems with my drivers' software/updates in the last months.Yesterday I left my PC for one hour, and the display closed due to inactivity timeout.When I came back and tried to wake the display, it didn't...
  5. Black screen after turning on my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Black screen after turning on my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after turning on my laptop: I saw it there that some people have the same issue with their laptop screen so basically since I am not English, I will copy one of their questions and update it with my info. So this is the problem:,, Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these...
  7. Black screen after turning on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after turning on my laptop: I saw it there that some people have the same issue with their laptop screen so basically since I am not English, I will copy one of their questions and update it with my info. So this is the problem:,, Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these...
  8. Black screen after turning on my laptop

9. My screen turns black

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen turns black: while using my laptop my screen turns black and after some time it comes back but now when it came back my pointer has become pixelated please help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-turns-black/482ec8de-771b-4b8b-b637-55fdb338099e
  10. Black Screen after turning on the PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen after turning on the PC: I turned on my Windows 10 laptop and everything turned on except for the screen. I can’t open task manager or anything else I know of that would help. ***Original Title: Activation***...