Windows 10: Problem with One or More Network Protocols Missing

Discus and support Problem with One or More Network Protocols Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What would cause my computer to have one or more network protocols missing and how can I fix it? Below is the screenshot of the troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jesse Williams, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Problem with One or More Network Protocols Missing

What would cause my computer to have one or more network protocols missing and how can I fix it?

Below is the screenshot of the troubleshooting report.

Problem with One or More Network Protocols Missing [​IMG]

:)

Jesse Williams, Dec 31, 2015

2. Problem with One or More Network Protocols Missing

@Port42...Thanks for your helpful reply. I have a NETGEAR Router but I am not connected to it as it is not plugged up. It is in my Computer Room closet. I am connected to my ISP's (CenturyLink's) modem/router that they have given me. It's a Zyxel PK5001Z.
    I updated my network adapter drivers. Right now it's doing fine. If it does give me problems, I usually have to either disconnect from Wi-Fi and turn it back on, or disconnect from my network and reconnect, or type a command in the Command Prompt. Also the
    Zyxel's firmware is updated to the latest version. I will check and see if it supports IPv6.

Jesse Williams

Jesse.Williams, Dec 31, 2015
  3. Problem with One or More Network Protocols Missing

Hi Jesse

Back in January you posted about network protocols missing..I too had the same problem untill today

when I found this post..If Port 42 happens to read this,I want to say thanks. All it took was a simple tweak of the router to enable the IPv6 and the problem was fixed. The propellerheads at microsoft have a lot to answer for.

Sincerely,

Richard

richie72_819, Dec 31, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Problem with One or More Network Protocols Missing

You are going to have to find out what exactly is causing that problem. Try uninstalling the adapters and reinstalling them. These types of errors are usually caused by mucking around in the settings for the adapter or services.

bro67, Jan 1, 2016
  5. Tampy Win User
    Same here. Tried every fix I found here and still got the problem. Also tried resetting my w10. Problem is still there. Anyone got any ideas?

Tampy, Jan 1, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    See above. Uninstall & reinstall the adapter and drivers.

bro67, Jan 1, 2016
  7. Thank you (broe67) for the helpful reply. I updated my Network Adapter seeing if that would fix it and I also enabled IPv6 on my modem/router. Someone over at the Microsoft Community said to see if my router supports IPv6. I checked and it does but I had to turn it on as it was disabled in the modem GUI settings.

So far it hasn't given me any more trouble. But if it does I will try your suggestion.

Thanks again!

Jesse Williams, Jan 2, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

The router does not necessarily need to support IPv6. Homegroup uses it. IPv4 is still used more for Internet connections then IPv4.

I would not trust any info from the Microsoft forums that much, because a lot of bad info gets handed out, along with a lot who tell you something that is not the cause. Only the MVP's is the ones that I would trust.

Since IPv6 is enabled, then Homegroup should work.

The reason to uninstall the adapter and driver, is to flush out the problem.

There is a Farbar tool at Bleepingcomputer.com, that does fix some issues. But if it is above what Farbar intended the tool to fix, you are stuck trying to find out exactly what driver is the cause, or if third party Internet Security Software causing it.

bro67, Jan 2, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    It's probably not a permanent fix for me but I've had that a few times on different Notebooks and doing a full shutdown then start up fixed the problem. Could be Windows reloading the drivers was all it took.

Berton, Jan 2, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    I got the error last night on my test machine that I am currently running 10 on.

I am going to have to take a peek at that. I have the real Realtek Ethernet driver installed. Microsoft is up to their games.

bro67, Jan 4, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
  12. bro67 Win User
    Ztruker my problem was with the Trendnet Software for installing the Cameras and also their viewing software. I was trying to see if I could get one of my Cloud Cameras back online. It is funny how no issue with the adapter, until I updated to the actual Realtek driver. (I had to get home to look on this machine what I was installing).

bro67, Jan 4, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

I am going to have to go through your blog. Thank you for the update. I never had the problem, until I did the update from the older Realtek driver. Really wish that Microsoft would quit mucking around with the OS.

You do have an issue with the netsh to run in command. The HTML tags are showing.

bro67, Jan 4, 2016
  14. cstell Win User
    All the crazy blogs, the issue for me with this error and a windows sockets registry error was my IPv4 protocol got unchecked.

Go to your network connections>right click for properties and ensure the IPV4 checkbox is checked for most home routers this should work. I went through all kinds of resetting tcp/ip stacks and registry stuff and i simply overlooked this, be sure to click ok!! *Smile

Problem with One or More Network Protocols Missing [​IMG]

cstell, Jan 4, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    cstell the post that James Bayley posted works. It involves going into the Registry and also the Netsh command. They pulled the post, because it was in his blog. See below for the fix.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Nsi\{eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\26

Then right click on "26" and set to allow "Full Control" for everyone. The last thing you need to run is "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt". The other alternative is to do "netsh int ipv4 install"

bro67, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Problem with One or More Network Protocols Missing - Similar Threads - Problem More Network

2. One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 News
    One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Network Protocols are a set of rules or standards used by Windows to communicate over the internet. They make sure the data is sent correctly across between computers, but if any of the Network Protocol is missing in Windows 10, things [...] This post One or...
  3. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing. [img] Site I'm trying to access: http://www.accaglobal.com/ What I have tried: Windows 10 troubleshooting fix with...
  4. One or more network protocols missing?

One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  5. One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing: So I let Windows fix it for me, and I usually need to toggle my WiFi connection off and back on again. But then I have the same connection problem again. I read there was some recent update from Microsoft causing this problem. Does anyone know who to get rid of it...
  6. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I am constantly having connectivity problems on a wired connection in Windows 10, and when I run "Troubleshoot problems" on the network connection, I sporadically get the prompt "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" and yet even after "fixing" this...
  7. "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"one or more network protocols are missing on this computer": This happened after the latest major update. I've tried the following steps with no success 1) sfc /scannow. This showed no errors 2) netsh advfirewall reset netsh int ip reset*** netsh int ipv6 reset netsh int ipv4 reset netsh winsock reset *** This command did not...
  8. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: this issue has plagued me forever since windows 10, and even slightly in windows 8.1. this issue would come randomly and i cant connect to internet even if i were a point blank in front of the router. its extremely annoying and in windows 10 its way more frequent. running the...
  9. One or more network protocols are missing, solution

One or more network protocols are missing, solution: Hello, I just had this very annoying issue for a while, and scouring the internet proved to no avail. However, I stumbled upon the solution by myself. Simply go into an elevated command prompt and enter netsh int ipv4 install and restart your computer. This is what solved...
  10. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

in Windows 10 Support
    "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I have a brand new HP 14-ac101ng with Windows 10 64 bit installed on it that refuses to connect to the internet with recourse to old school LAN cable; I do not have WIFI and I urgently need to get online as several deadlines are approaching. The error message I get is as...