Windows 10: Problem with Re-imaging laptop

Discus and support Problem with Re-imaging laptop in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My laptop was recently reset by tech support and I now want to recover all my applications and settings from an image file I previous made which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by 50caliber12, May 28, 2017.

1. Problem with Re-imaging laptop

My laptop was recently reset by tech support and I now want to recover all my applications and settings from an image file I previous made which is stored on my external hard drive.

So I restart to the advanced options screen.
    Click the System Image Recovery icon.
    I then click on my name and enter in a password.
    The latest available system image is shown on the hard drive.
    I click next and then the attached screen occurs and I cannot progress any further.

Problem with Re-imaging laptop [​IMG]

If I click Create Disc, an error occurs stating I dont have a CD/DVD burner.

I am unsure how to progress any further. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

50caliber12, May 28, 2017

2. System Configuration problem with Windows 10 Version 1709

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your reply.

When I ran the SFC scan, using the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option, it did not detect any problems after it had finished running.

Also as an experiment I re-installed the System Image, I had made after the Laptop had finished installing the Windows Update, prior to the one, which installed (KB4048955) and I did not experience the above problem when I used “Msconfig” to restart
    the PC as normal after using “Msconfig” to boot into Safe Mode.

When I selected the “Format and Re-Partition drive” option to re-installing the System Image I had made after upgrading the Laptop with (KB4048955), when the System Image started to install an error message appeared, basically stating that the System
    Image did not match the configuration of the Laptop. But I was able to re-install the System Image when I unticked the “Format and Re-Partition drive” option. However, I did not experience the same problem when re-installing the pre (KB4048955) System Image.

John Andrew Davis, May 28, 2017
  3. EmarioC Win User
    idt audio Windows 10 Always crash

This is an old thread however I wiped out my Dell Laptop re-installed from original Windows 2010 Pro image and found that the problem persists.

EmarioC, May 28, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Problem with Re-imaging laptop

This is because the windows recovery system is so old and crappy.

You should boot from a windows 10 installation usb drive, and select repair PC option, and then one of the menu options is to restore image backup iirc.

In future use Macrium Reflect Free which plays nicely with flash drives.

cereberus, May 28, 2017
  5. Oh that is annoying.

Given the copy of windows came with laptop, should I just create a bootable windows 10 USB with the MediaCreationTool?

Thank you

50caliber12, May 30, 2017
  6. SIW2 Win User
    You could do that.

Or as you can boot into windows, why not create a usb recovery drive from within windows?
    Last time I looked there was a function which copies winre.wim and the neceessary boot files onto usb.
    Can't recall where that function is hidden, not using win10 atm. Perhaps somebody will locate it for you.

SIW2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Re-imaging laptop

1. Problem with Re-imaging laptop - Similar Threads - Problem imaging laptop

2. Re image my laptop windows 11pro network folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re image my laptop windows 11pro network folder: Recover my computer it's not reading drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-image-my-laptop-windows-11pro-network-folder/1ea6a085-0601-4eff-95fd-aaa8427d4f56
  3. Re image my laptop windows 11pro network folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re image my laptop windows 11pro network folder: Recover my computer it's not reading drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-image-my-laptop-windows-11pro-network-folder/1ea6a085-0601-4eff-95fd-aaa8427d4f56
  4. Re-image your computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Re-image your computer: Re-image your computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-image-your-computer/d34d0bfc-8467-49dd-aad1-33cf5a5d19f6
  5. Re-Imaging Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Imaging Surface Pro: Hi Reimaged surface pro 8 with Acronis true image and now both the devices are having same Device ID.How can we change the device ID of the surface pro or is it normal to have the same Device ID after doing recovery from a backup ???Please advise !!!!!!...
  6. Re: Image Guardian

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Re: Image Guardian: Hey all! Crusty here. Now that I have my three computers working correctly with Macrium and my WD MyCloudEX2 Ultra I have a disturbing observation to report. I wanted to get this working so that I could schedule imaging without having to go through the process of remembering...
  7. RE: GRAINY IMAGE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RE: GRAINY IMAGE: Greetings Community I have a LENOVO Series 3 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i5, GTX 1650, 256 GB SSD which I have recently purchased. I was advised that this would be the best laptop for me as I engage in a lot of virtual meetings via Microsoft Teams and Zoom. My issues...
  8. Problem imaging my laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem imaging my laptop: I am trying to create an image file backup of disk 1 (500GB SSD) OS C using W10.0.18362 and Data drive disk 2 (931GB) to my backup (G) 2 TB Seagate drive pls see below images When I select image this disk I get “please select a partition to image” when I select next in the...
  9. Ethernet connection not working on freshly re-imaged laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection not working on freshly re-imaged laptop: Hello, On a newly re-imaged laptop (used this W10 image on these Dell laptops all the time with no prior issues), the ethernet connection will not take me to the web. I'm not getting any errors and all signs point to it being successfully connected. Troubleshooter gives me...
  10. Re-Imaging and re-selling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Imaging and re-selling: Hi folks I'm trying to get my head around the different types of Windows licencing and am starting to go around in circles.. so I figure that I would just ask the question and see if anyone can help make things clearer. If I or a company were to buy a bunch of new / store...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Will re-imaging solve ethernet issue