Windows 10: Problem with resolution above 1280x1024

Discus and support Problem with resolution above 1280x1024 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello guys. I really need you help people. I just cant put my resolution above 1280x1024. I just try EVERYTHING. So, let me explain: when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by TheOpus, Sep 21, 2017.

1. TheOpus Win User

Problem with resolution above 1280x1024

Hello guys.

I really need you help people. I just cant put my resolution above 1280x1024. I just try EVERYTHING.

So, let me explain:

when I try to put higher resolution then 1280x1024, I have black screen for few second and after that its back to "normal" 1280 res. sometime, I have blue screen and after that must go to safe mode to disable my graphic card and I can boot to windows with 1280 res. ofc....My display adapter must be disabled or I cant use my PC. If I try do update driver, at once I have black screen and no signal detected. I try do uninstall/reinstall/update drivers, but no luck. My monitor model is BenQ G2420HD Specs - CNET and I use 1920x1080 resolution almost 10 years till few days ago, when I stuck on this.

I will show you:

:)

TheOpus, Sep 21, 2017
  2. LiamHeap Win User

My Screen resolution doesn't go above 1280x1024, even after I have updated my drivers.

Perfect! All working good, running it at 1920x1080! Thanks for the help Problem with resolution above 1280x1024 :)

LiamHeap, Sep 21, 2017
  3. My Screen resolution doesn't go above 1280x1024, even after I have updated my drivers.

Hi Liam,

We need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your screen resolution concern. Have you made any changes prior to the issue?

You can also try reinstalling the display driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Sep 21, 2017
  4. Wullail Win User

The native resolution for your monitor is 1280 x 1024 ,attempting to increase your PC beyond the displays native resolution WILL cause you issues.

Wullail, Sep 21, 2017
  5. TheOpus Win User
    I don't understand how 1280 can be my native resolution, if I was using, almost 10 years, resolution 1920x1080. This problem is from few days ago...And why I if I try to enable my graphic card, have black screen....And also when I try to install Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.2 (latest driver from AMD site) I have black screen also...I really don't understand.

TheOpus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with resolution above 1280x1024 - Similar Threads - Problem resolution above

2. RESOLUTION PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Customization
    RESOLUTION PROBLEM: so when i check in my display settings in my display menu it shows that "optimum mode resolution 1920x1080" but when i want to change the resolution through windows i says it only supports 1024x768 what do i do? monitor model: Samsung S22C170...
  3. No resolution above 1280 x 800

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No resolution above 1280 x 800: I just built a new PC, running with a MSI Pro Z790-A motherboard, and a GEForce RTX Ventus 3060. My monitor is a Dell 3007 WFP with a DVI connector.On my previous PC, which had a GEForce 8800 GTX and running Windows 7, I was able to get 1900 x 1200. But for some reason, I do...
  4. No resolution above 1280 x 800

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No resolution above 1280 x 800: I just built a new PC, running with a MSI Pro Z790-A motherboard, and a GEForce RTX Ventus 3060. My monitor is a Dell 3007 WFP with a DVI connector.On my previous PC, which had a GEForce 8800 GTX and running Windows 7, I was able to get 1900 x 1200. But for some reason, I do...
  5. Resolution problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resolution problem: So i accidentaly changed my resolution on pc something like 4000 900 and now i always have to go in safe mode to uninstall my display adapter for my windows to work without the out of range error but to play games i have to update and whenever i do that it changes back to my...
  6. Change monitor resolution above dead zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change monitor resolution above dead zone: My monitor recently broke, and the right part of the monitor is displaying gibberish, is there any way that I could make windows ignore that zone and stop the image left of that area?...
  7. Change monitor resolution above dead zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change monitor resolution above dead zone: My monitor recently broke, and the right part of the monitor is displaying gibberish, is there any way that I could make windows ignore that zone and stop the image left of that area?...
  8. Resolution Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resolution Problem: I was using VGA to HDMI adapter for monitor and there was no problem but I connected new monitor and I tried to connect my first monitor with DP adapter and second one with HDMI adapter. But second monitor said NO SIGNAL so I connected my first one with HDMI and second one...
  9. Resolution Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution Problems: My Acer desktop’s monitor has resolution problems. I tried my best to fix it. It’s better than it was. Now, the text just seems too large as well as other features. I hope someone can help! Thanks! - Jesse 110090
  10. Resolution problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution problem: My screen goes bigger then my tv. I have a radeon hd 7700 gpu and latest amd drivers. sorry if this is the wrong place to post this im not sure if it is graphics card related. 12084