Windows 10: Problem with scan to computer after Adobe Reader DC installation

Discus and support Problem with scan to computer after Adobe Reader DC installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Fuji Xerox printer, type CM205f. Everything worked normally, including scanning from the printer to computer/USB. This morning, I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by turboman, Feb 23, 2016.

1. turboman Win User

Problem with scan to computer after Adobe Reader DC installation

I have a Fuji Xerox printer, type CM205f. Everything worked normally, including scanning from the printer to computer/USB.

This morning, I installed Acrobat Reader DC, and printed out some pdf files. Afterwards, I wanted to scan from the printer to computer (USB connection), but the scanning function did not work anymore. It seemed as if it had no connection to the PC anymore.

I used the Fuji Xerox software (Express Scan Manager) to set up the connection to the PC again, but afterwards it still did not work.

The only thing that I can think of is the installation of Acrobat Reader DC. Is it possible that this installation is the cause of the problem? If yes, what should I do to get the scanning function back?

Thanks for all the help.

:)

turboman, Feb 23, 2016
  2. VMP_PDX Win User

Can't delete .PDF's in Windows 10

Adobe has a version of Reader called Adobe Reader DC. The issue goes away if you uninstall Adobe Reader 11 and install Adobe Reader DC. Set this as the default app to open PDF's and your problem should be solved. I've tested this with Windows 10 on two
    systems.

VMP_PDX, Feb 23, 2016
  3. adobe reader isnot working just after re-installing factory reset of windows10-32bit.

adobe reader / acrobat DC isnot working properly just after re-installing factory reset of windows10-32bit.

Tried with Adobe Reader & Adobe Acrobat. whenever press "Ctrl+P" it immediately closes the program.

shows a massage

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped workking

A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Sidhi Creations, Feb 23, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Try unplugging the USB from the tower for a few moments then plug it back in.

Edwin, Feb 23, 2016
  5. turboman Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Tried that but it still does not work.

Anyone has any ideas what I could do?

turboman, Feb 23, 2016
  6. What I would do is uninstall Acrobat Reader DC
    Make sure all traces of it has gone.
    Then reconnect your printer/scanner
    Hopefully it should work ok then.
    Also make sure you get Reader from there site

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with scan to computer after Adobe Reader DC installation - Similar Threads - Problem scan computer

2. ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC: Hi, I've been getting popups from HP Solution Center that say ~ Solution Center has detected that you do not have the correct version of Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer installed. You can easily download and install this application for Internet Explorer at - AND...
  3. Adobe Acrobat reader DC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adobe Acrobat reader DC: Hi, Can anyone please advise how to get Acrobat reader DC to open on my PC. When I try to open the app a message comes up that the exe. file can't be found. I have uninstalled and re installed the app numerous times. Any advise please. Thanks...
  4. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: February 11, 2020, Version 20.006.20034 This update addresses customer issues and security vulnerabilities. 150468
  5. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Hello I wont to Uninstall the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC A message comes up another programme is being installed please wait, this is just going on and on Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/22826dea-57a7-446e-a437-43778c997e92
  6. Adobe Reader DC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adobe Reader DC: I am trying to install a Adobe Reader DC for windows 10 and my PC is telling me to enter admin and password... But, my PC doesn't let me enter anything at all.... And the buttons under that are only NO...nothing else..... Can someone please HELP me with this problem... I...
  7. Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query

Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query: Hi Guys I have Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc and hoped I could edit a pdf file by using it. Online, I read you need Adobe Acrobat to do so, is mine the same as I cannot edit, plus, I never paid for mine as I don't and Adobe Acrobat does not appear to be free online. 118997
  8. Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query: Hi Guys I have Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc and hoped I could edit a pdf file by using it. Online, I read you need Adobe Acrobat to do so, is mine the same as I cannot edit, plus, I never paid for mine as I don't and Adobe Acrobat does not appear to be free online. 118997
  9. Adobe Reader DC not working after Ann. update

Adobe Reader DC not working after Ann. update: When I go to open a pdf or open the Acrobat Reader DC, I get a "Adobe Reader has stopped working............" Was working before the major update. I've tried the Adobe Cleanup uninstaller and reinstalled, still NG. I see a number of posts on the Adobe forum but there...
  10. Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC

Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC: I am having Adobe Reader. Should I go for Adobe DC. 43121