Windows 10: Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps.

Discus and support Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OK, this is a real puzzle. Since installing the very latest Insider Preview, I've had a strange problem occurring. When I turn on the PC and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bryangee733, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps.

OK, this is a real puzzle.

Since installing the very latest Insider Preview, I've had a strange problem occurring.

When I turn on the PC and it's finished booting up, when I try to open Settings, all I get is the Cog appear, and then after 20-30 seconds it just closes back down on its own.

ALSO when this happens, if I try and open Windows Security, all I see is this :

IF I reboot the system, either just using Reset, or Shut Down, sometimes they are both back to normal, other times the Settings are back to normal but the Windows Security is still the same. (Another Reboot usually fixes this, but not for long)

Full Virus scans (WHEN I have windows security working normally) and full scans using up-to-date Malawarebytes report nothing is found.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there any solution available, or is it another bug in the Insider Previews creeping in?

My Windows 10 version is version 1803 (Build 18219.1000) 64bit

:)

bryangee733, Aug 20, 2018

2. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps.

Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps.

1. Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps. - Similar Threads - Problem Settings Security

2. Problem with settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with settings app: Everything else on the settings app works as intended, but everytime I click on the Installed apps section, the app closes itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-settings-app/3add47c9-55d8-40f6-b17d-86bb0a9e7930
  3. Problem with settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with settings app: Everything else on the settings app works as intended, but everytime I click on the Installed apps section, the app closes itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-settings-app/3add47c9-55d8-40f6-b17d-86bb0a9e7930
  4. Windows Security app problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security app problems: Hello,I have a problem with my Windows Security app, It doesn't work anymore, I did an In-place upgrade, and nothing have change!PS: "Security center" on services.msc cannot be found.Please help....
  5. Windows Security app problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security app problems: Hello,I have a problem with my Windows Security app, It doesn't work anymore, I did an In-place upgrade, and nothing have change!PS: "Security center" on services.msc cannot be found.Please help....
  6. Desktop Security Settings Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Security Settings Problem: One of my PCs with in 10 Home has had a long standing problem with any item saved to the desktop except shortcuts Although I probably tried just about everything previous support suggestions have offered, I am wondering if anyone has a new idea of why this is happening....
  7. Windows security will not resolve problem app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security will not resolve problem app: I have repeated requested to delete this and every time I restart it is still there. The file seems to be based in Downloads however this is completely empty. I do know it was downloaded, but I refused the install and chose remove from here. I checked the directory and it...
  8. Windows settings app problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings app problem: In settings app before update to 2004 version it was shown to manage my account option, manage my ondrive and windows up-to-date status at the top of the home page of the settings app but now it is not showing...
  9. Problems with Windows Security Settings Page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Windows Security Settings Page: Hello. I have really strange UI problem. When I go to Windows Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Security I have such buttons in UI: Under the title: - Open Windows Security Protection areas: - Virus & threat protection - Account protection - Firewall &...
  10. Settings' app problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings' app problem: Sometimes after clicking in a setting the Settings app background color changes. It's a little difficult to explain. 146870