Windows 10: Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps.

Discus and support Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OK, this is a real puzzle. Since installing the very latest Insider Preview, I've had a strange problem occurring. When I turn on the PC and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bryangee733, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps.

OK, this is a real puzzle.

Since installing the very latest Insider Preview, I've had a strange problem occurring.

When I turn on the PC and it's finished booting up, when I try to open Settings, all I get is the Cog appear, and then after 20-30 seconds it just closes back down on its own.

ALSO when this happens, if I try and open Windows Security, all I see is this :

IF I reboot the system, either just using Reset, or Shut Down, sometimes they are both back to normal, other times the Settings are back to normal but the Windows Security is still the same. (Another Reboot usually fixes this, but not for long)

Full Virus scans (WHEN I have windows security working normally) and full scans using up-to-date Malawarebytes report nothing is found.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there any solution available, or is it another bug in the Insider Previews creeping in?

My Windows 10 version is version 1803 (Build 18219.1000) 64bit

:)

bryangee733, Aug 20, 2018

2. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps.

Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps.

1. Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps. - Similar Threads - Problem Settings Security

2. Settings app closes upon choosing a setting (Apps, Gaming, Update and Security, etc.)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app closes upon choosing a setting (Apps, Gaming, Update and Security, etc.): I need help on my settings app when it closes instantly when choosing a setting, i tried sfc scannow and it doesn't work at all. Any help is appreciated...
  3. Security settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security settings: Please help! I'm trying to change my settings on my internet on my laptop but im buggered if I know how. Can someone please give me a simple way of doing this please as I cant go onto anything that is above 13!!!!!!!!...
  4. Windows Security problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security problem: Hey guys, I have a 2 week old computer. Since day 1, Windows Security will not open. It pops up a Microsoft Store box and says Windows Security needs a new app. If I click on 'find', nothing happens. I've searched this issue online and have seen others with this problem, but...
  5. Security settings in Windows Defender

Security settings in Windows Defender: Good morning, Last night I installed Windows 10 Home and I kindly ask you to give me the security settings that need to be made in Windows Defender to have a good security. Thank you! Wait for response! God bless!!! A wonderful day!...
  6. security settings blockss apps update

security settings blockss apps update: apps blocked from updating by security setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-settings-blockss-apps-update/753df88d-2dc3-4c0f-887f-57f38ce6c350"
  7. security settings

security settings: A month or two ago I set some kind of security setting where it would prevent apps and installs from installing in areas of the system where they should not be allowed. Unfortunately a couple of my apps that have been updated, now have errors in them because presumably they...
  8. App caused a problem with the default app settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    App caused a problem with the default app settings.: After the latest Windows Home update, Windows is giving the message 'An app caused a problem with the default app setting files, so it was reset to Photos. A similar messsage appears for .cr2 files and .NEF files. All of my 'photo' and 'image editing programs are...
  9. Setting Default App Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Default App Problem: I prefer to open pdf files in Acrobat. My computer is determined that I shall not. It will open only in MS Edge. I try to set the Default App by Type to Acrobat, but even if I select it in the drop down table, it refuses to change. How can I PERMANENTLY set my...
  10. Update and Security tab error in Settings app

in Windows 10 Support
    Update and Security tab error in Settings app: I just installed Windows 10 and need to update my antivirus. I need to access Windows Update but whenever I click on the Update and Security tab in the Settings app the tab opens but then the app freezes. This happens every time I do this so I cannot update my system. Any...