Windows 10: Problem with start tiles

Discus and support Problem with start tiles in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click on the News or Weather tile, I get a flash across the screen but nothing opens. All other tiles work fine. Any ideas? Thanks. 27440 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DaveP, Oct 22, 2015.

1. DaveP Win User

Problem with start tiles

When I click on the News or Weather tile, I get a flash across the screen but nothing opens. All other tiles work fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

DaveP, Oct 22, 2015
  2. piryank Win User

problem with windows 10 tiles

i got some corruptions in my pc but i am unable to understand how to repair with this article well i am just a child

and when i request my engineer he tells me to go back to windows 7 which i dont like

is there any other way like video or else pleese my pc works was comfotable when i cot windows 10 but now i am facing this problem...................help me

piryank, Oct 22, 2015
  3. piryank Win User
    problem with windows 10 tiles

I am unable to resize or move my windows tiles after a few months updating to windows 10. I hope this video attachment will help you or use this YouTube video link-https://youtu.be/SiM5xIQva80

piryank, Oct 22, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Problem with start tiles

Make sure that the time and date are set right. Double on the clock and click on time and date settings. Also check under Settings>Privacy >Location and check that location is set on and for the apps. If it still isn't working you might try to reset the windows store. Here is a tutorial from the tutorial forum. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html .

JohnC, Oct 22, 2015
  5. DaveP Win User
    Thanks for your input, but no joy. After trying your suggestions I now get the news icon for a second rather than a quick flash across the screen. thanks again.

DaveP, Oct 23, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    You could next try to scan for system file integrity using the SFC command. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html . The tutorial shows a progression of steps to take, sometimes it takes an in place repair install to fix the problems, it is all there in the tutorial.

JohnC, Oct 23, 2015
  7. DaveP Win User
    Thanks. I've tried this before for other reasons and had good results. Never thought of doing it for this problem; however, it didn't work.

DaveP, Oct 24, 2015
  8. JohnC Win User

Problem with start tiles

JohnC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with start tiles

1. Problem with start tiles - Similar Threads - Problem start tiles

2. Tiles on the start page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles on the start page: I have modified the tiles in groups of app types, like Office, Creative, games & utilities, but when I shut down or restart, the tiles are back to the default settings....
  3. start tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start tiles: cant remove or unpin or delete folder in start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-tiles/efe6c51f-207c-496a-a6cf-1bd004f85749
  4. start tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start tiles: how do you build an app in the tile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-tiles/16a37e54-ad94-4a28-ae17-99d0eab44401
  5. Start Menu Tile Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Tile Problem: I have a number of computers and I regularly fix and maintain a number of others. Yesterday, I rebuilt a laptop with the latest OS build 17134.167 and, as usual, I delete quite a number of tiles from the start menu and then add a couple of my own. To my amazement, all the...
  6. Problem with tiles in Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with tiles in Start screen: I have had this problem with Start screen tiles for some months. I had hoped it might go away with a either updates or some repairs to the Store or resets, but it persists. A proportion of the tiles, perhaps about 20%, are either completely blank or just show the text name of...
  7. Start menu tiles problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles problem: I have very annoying problem with the start menu. When I expand the menu horizontally, the tiles wont move in to the empty space. I have tried everything. Cant move them manually either by dragging. Tiles just stay left. Here's picture of my problem: Imgur I will greatly...
  8. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  9. Start Tile Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Tile Problem: The screenshot shows a tile with its icon filling a very small area in the upper left corner of the tile box. This condition occurs every once in a while after installing a new application. I cannot figure out how to resolve. If I change the size of the tile other odd things...
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326