Windows 10: Problem with the Wallpaper slideshow (Windows 10)

Discus and support Problem with the Wallpaper slideshow (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want my background to switch between my wallpapers in a slideshow like I did in win7 and 8, but for some reason Windows 10 is not able to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Funkeeh, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Funkeeh Win User

Problem with the Wallpaper slideshow (Windows 10)

I want my background to switch between my wallpapers in a slideshow like I did in win7 and 8, but for some reason Windows 10 is not able to find the pictures in my folder.

Example:

Problem with the Wallpaper slideshow (Windows 10) [​IMG]

But as you can see, this folder is filled with pictures:

Problem with the Wallpaper slideshow (Windows 10) [​IMG]

I have no idea why this happens. All the pictures are jpg and/or png. The same problem occurs when i try to change the wallpaper in the "lock screen" settings.

Any help is appreciated *Smile

:)

Funkeeh, Sep 30, 2015
  2. mkerr5377 Win User

[Solved] Horrible Bug in Windows 10 File Manager

As far as I can tell if you have a desktop background wallpaper slideshow the problem will occur every time the background changes. I turned off the wallpaper slideshow and the problem did not occur. I like the slideshow though so I decided to just change
    the time change to 1 minute and accept that windows 10 is bugged. hope that helps.

mkerr5377, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Slideshow stop working on window 10

I chose default window 10 desktop backgrounds for slideshow ,but today it stops on a single wallpaper instead of changing to all wallpapers while the setting is on slideshow. After that, I chose a single wallpaper but it automatically chose a solid color
    and did not set that wallpaper. How can I fix it?

Adnan Zaka, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Sep 30, 2015
  5. mykou Win User
    HI Funkeeh

I tried the same thing to figure out what's happening

Got the SAME behaviour = we are unable to see the folder content

BUT the slideshow works ! I tried it with a 1 min delay and it display the pictures in my chosen folder although it doesn't show any pic inside lol ( all mine are *.jpg )

Surely fix in the future

Cheers

mykou, Sep 30, 2015
  6. dperecky Win User
    Me too... same problem with Desktop Background Slideshow and a folder of .jpg files. Nothing. Not functional. Weird.

dperecky, Nov 17, 2015
  7. NoDancer Win User
    I guess it doesn't matter that we don't see any pictures in the folder (because Windows does see them). Wish it did though.

This is the General Process:
    1) I right clicked my desktop and selected "Personalize". The "Settings" window opens with the "Background" tab already selected.
    2) At "Background" field, select SLIDESHOW
    3) At the "Choose Album for Slide Show" field, click BROWSE. Browse to the folder with the pictures you want to display BUT DON'T BOTHER OPENING THE FOLDER, just click the "Choose this Folder" button.
    4) Look at your desktop to see if one of your pictures displayed

NoDancer, Nov 24, 2015
  8. dperecky Win User

No. No workie for me.

Is there a way to uncheck the 'Solved' flag?

*Huh

dperecky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with the Wallpaper slideshow (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Problem Wallpaper slideshow

2. Wallpaper slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper slideshow: Hi,I have set the background to show a random image Change picture every: 1 minuteShuffle: OnChoose a fit: FitEvery time the wallpaper change on my main screen it flicker totaly Black and return as normal after a second or 2and when i use right click "show next wallpaper" it...
  3. Wallpaper slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper slideshow: Hi,I have set the background to show a random image Change picture every: 1 minuteShuffle: OnChoose a fit: FitEvery time the wallpaper change on my main screen it flicker totaly Black and return as normal after a second or 2and when i use right click "show next wallpaper" it...
  4. Wallpaper quality and slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper quality and slideshow: Hi, question so when I was choosing pictures for my slideshow wallpaper and then I selected the folder I was going to use and when I opened the file explorer that popped up I saw no pictures in it but when I opened my file explorer in the taskbar it was there and when I...
  5. Wallpaper quality and slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper quality and slideshow: Hi, question so when I was choosing pictures for my slideshow wallpaper and then I selected the folder I was going to use and when I opened the file explorer that popped up I saw no pictures in it but when I opened my file explorer in the taskbar it was there and when I...
  6. Slideshow collage wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slideshow collage wallpaper: I really like the slideshow collage on my lock screen. I use a slideshow as wallpaper on the desktop and I'd like to have that as a collage too, but there doesn't seem to be a way of doing it either within Win 10 or via an app. Can anyone help?...
  7. WALLPAPER SLIDESHOW

WALLPAPER SLIDESHOW: When I am selecting picture in the Wallpaper option, then it is browsing all the pictures in my laptop. But when I selected slideshow and browsed, then its showed folder is empty. Then I again switched to pictures mode and at the time the folder had pictures. Then, again I...
  8. Wallpaper Slideshow Themes

Wallpaper Slideshow Themes: For those who have a wallpaper slideshow themes, what is your theme? My current one, which I've have for the past four years, is slideshow of 2,000+ high-res artworks from major artists from western civilization, curated from Wikimedia Commons and elsewhere and meticulously...
  9. Setting Slideshow Wallpapers

Setting Slideshow Wallpapers: I have a dual monitor set up and want to use one image to span across both monitors which I have figured out how to do. I can set these images individually through files, right click and set as back ground, but when I go into background personalization and browse for the...
  10. Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working

Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working: After the last Windows update, desktop slideshow is not working. I tried even after a clean installation of Win 10 Pro 64bit. If the time is set to 1 min, then the wallpapers are changing. However, if it is 10 min, then after one change of wallpaper, it is not moving to the...