Windows 10: Problem with touchpad and mouse click after Windows 10 installment

Discus and support Problem with touchpad and mouse click after Windows 10 installment in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I hope someone out there is able to help me. I upgraded to Windows 10 two days ago, and I really like the new OS. However I have problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markchr90, Jul 31, 2015.

1. markchr90 Win User

Problem with touchpad and mouse click after Windows 10 installment

Hi

I hope someone out there is able to help me.

I upgraded to Windows 10 two days ago, and I really like the new OS.

However I have problem with my touchpad and therefore mouse clicking.

Two things:

When I click on a folder or a file it does two clicks, although I only press once. So if i just wanna mark a folder it actually opens it instead. This is pretty anoying you might imagine.

Second - the touchpad seems out of sync now. It's like it moves by itself when i press something. Is is possible to calibrate it or something like that?

I have gone to mouse settings but there aren't a way in here on how to delete this double click setting.

Hope somebody is able to come to my rescue *Smile

Regards Mark

:)

markchr90, Jul 31, 2015

2. Touchpad L+R click not working Windows 10

Hi,

I have recently downloaded windows 10 on my laptop (upgraded from windows 8.1) after the installation was complete I have logged in to my laptop to discover that the touchpad would not work. I have since found that problem when I downloaded windows 10 it
    disables the touchpad, but have now discovered that the left and right click buttons on the bottom of the touchpad don't work I have looked though the mouse settings but come up with nothing. I am now having to use a usb mouse and touchpad combo to go to what
    I want and then click on it with the mouse.

Would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

JamieGaleWP, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Laptob mouse stooped working after upgrading to windows 10

Me too.

Asus TP500L.

The touch screen works, but the laptop's built-in touchpad didn't work at all after installing windows 10.

I went to mouse & touchpad, to "additional mouse options". There was an "ELAN" tab, showing "Elan Smart-Pad". It was, by default, disabled. After using my touch screen to click "Enable device", the touch pad started working again, partially.

Before clicking "enable device", it didn't work at all. After clicking "enable device", I could use the touch pad to move the mouse cursor, but neither button nor tapping the touchpad would make it actually "click".

As a hint to Microsoft folks who will hopefully be debugging this, the first thing I did after installing win10, was to touch a button on the screen - I did not use the touchpad first. I don't know if that matters or not.

Please fix. I hate using touchscreens.

To Billion Debbarma below: it's very obviously a driver/OS problem, not hardware. The build-in laptop touchpad doesn't work. Please don't blame it on the hardware. It worked fine yesterday before I installed Windows 10, now it doesn't work.

Jason Gould, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Problem with touchpad and mouse click after Windows 10 installment

1. Problem with touchpad and mouse click after Windows 10 installment - Similar Threads - Problem touchpad mouse

2. Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking: I recently got a new laptop HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000. The main issue I'm having with this laptop is that it utilizes a new feature called "precision touchpad" that streamlines the touchpad to make it suited for office use / general use. I use the...
  3. Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking: I recently got a new laptop HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000. The main issue I'm having with this laptop is that it utilizes a new feature called "precision touchpad" that streamlines the touchpad to make it suited for office use / general use. I use the...
  4. Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag: I'm using a Lenovo ideapad s145 laptop. On startup it makes a single beep sound and displays some basic system information like BIOS version, RAM, L2 cache, CPU etc. It disappears within one second and proceeds the startup. When I try to right click with mouse ir touchpad,...
  6. Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag: I'm using a Lenovo ideapad s145 laptop. On startup it makes a single beep sound and displays some basic system information like BIOS version, RAM, L2 cache, CPU etc. It disappears within one second and proceeds the startup. When I try to right click with mouse ir touchpad,...
  7. Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag

8. Problems with touchpad after removing mouse

Problems with touchpad after removing mouse: I have unchecked the option that lets the touchpad active if a mouse is connected but when I remove my mouse the touchpad does not work. Could this be a Windows problem or a driver problem ?...
  9. touchpad problem/clicking problem

touchpad problem/clicking problem: I have been using my asus laptop since 2 months and after some recent windows update i am facing an issue with the touchpad. Sometimes when i try to click on anything it doesnt clicks even though the pointer moves. It doesnt highlight anything if i bring the pointer on it....
  10. TouchPad Mouse not clicking

TouchPad Mouse not clicking: After upgrading to windows 10 my touchpad was not working, after googling around i saw someone say that windows 10 turns it off by default so i went through the device manager and turned it back on but now it is unable to click on anything and i can't use the two finger...