Windows 10: Problem with updates

Discus and support Problem with updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi i have just checked for new updates for windows 10 pro and i found the following security update for windows explorer flash player but i keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sam02, Sep 21, 2015.

1. sam02 Win User

Problem with updates

Hi i have just checked for new updates for windows 10 pro and i found the following security update for windows explorer flash player but i keep getting the error below.

Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087040) - Error 0x80004005

I looked on a Microsoft website and was able to download the KB3087040 update but when i tried to install it i got the message this update is not for your computer ?

:)

sam02, Sep 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Network and internet settings problem

Hi all. After recent updates for windows 10 were downloaded and installed, my lap top stopped connecting to the web automatically. It connects to the web on initial start up, but will disconnect almost as fast. When I click on the modem icon, (in lower Right
    cnr, next to date and time) the network and internet window opens and I found that some where along the line an update has change my preferences from connect automatically to connect manually. I have tried various things to fix the problem, including deleting
    the adaptor settings, then setting them up fresh, but windows 10 seems to change it back from connect automatically to connect manually again. In the settings, under the wifi tab, it show that it is set to connect automatically when in range, but it doesn't.

I tried contact tech support about this problem, but they ststed to help me I had to pay for their services, yet the problem has caused by microsoft in the very first instance. I should not have to pay to fix a problem caused by one of their recent updates.

Hopefully some one out there has had a similar problem and in turn can help me resolve mine.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

unhappy with recent updates, Sep 21, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

Problem with updates

tcman50, Sep 21, 2015
  5. sam02 Win User
    sam02, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with updates

1. Problem with updates - Similar Threads - Problem updates

2. problem with update and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  3. problem with update and restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  4. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.: I have a Questrade account, the latest automatic windows update has messed up the access to the account. Is anyone else having issues? I also use Sentinel Hub which is also messed up. Both work just fine on a computer that was not updated....
  5. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.: I have a Questrade account, the latest automatic windows update has messed up the access to the account. Is anyone else having issues? I also use Sentinel Hub which is also messed up. Both work just fine on a computer that was not updated....
  6. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problem with Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Windows Updates: So there’s a problem with my windows updates which is I cannot fix it almost 2 hours now. Can someone help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-windows-updates/913c6711-edb5-40c8-81c9-7f59dff3103a
  8. Problem with Windows Updates

Problem with Windows Updates: So there’s a problem with my windows updates which is I cannot fix it almost 2 hours now. Can someone help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-windows-updates/913c6711-edb5-40c8-81c9-7f59dff3103a
  9. Having a problem on windows update setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having a problem on windows update setup: Hi can someone help having a problem on this set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-on-windows-update-setup/6d027f61-cb7d-4c75-ad74-537d822affcd
  10. Having a problem on windows update setup

Having a problem on windows update setup: Hi can someone help having a problem on this set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-on-windows-update-setup/6d027f61-cb7d-4c75-ad74-537d822affcd