Windows 10: problem with upgrade assistant

Discus and support problem with upgrade assistant in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just a simple question. I would not mind updating but that particular Windows installation started as a Windows-to-go installation on a USB hard disk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by spapakons, Mar 11, 2018.

1. spapakons Win User

problem with upgrade assistant

Just a simple question. I would not mind updating but that particular Windows installation started as a Windows-to-go installation on a USB hard disk. I wanted to have a "live Windows installation" (as opposed to a live CD) with many tools for service. I then decided the disk was too good, I cloned it to another computer we use to test stuff, so I wouldn't have to reinstall everything from scratch there. The question is why trying to upgrade this installation (windows-to-go) fails? This is my problem with upgrade assistant. Although it fails every time, it keeps trying the update every day! I want to either stop trying or make it succeed. Any guide of how to make it work? Please point me to the appropriate thread.

Thank you.

:)

spapakons, Mar 11, 2018
  2. HP-Margaretha-Sorin, Mar 11, 2018
  3. problem with windows 10 upgrade assistant !!!

Hi Microsoft,

I am using windows 10 pro build 10240 and I want to upgrade my pc to creators update. I downloaded windows 10 upgrade assistant then I start downloading the update when it reaches at 82% after sometime it comes directly to 1% then 2% , 3% etc. Why this happening
    ? please give a solution for this irritating problem.

Thanks.

Sanyamkaushik, Mar 11, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Thema:

1. problem with upgrade assistant - Similar Threads - problem upgrade assistant

2. focus assist problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    focus assist problem: i have several times turned it off but it automatically switches to alarm only mode what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist-problem/b7dc6188-c3dc-4c9b-bb83-104a88f4f4a9
  3. Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance: Today after the upgrade to v1909, when I click the 'Assist another person' button, instead of giving me the code like it has every other time, I am redirected to a webpage to Get assistance with a box to enter a code. I am unable to help now....
  4. Problem with notification assistant

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with notification assistant: Hi everyone. I've got a problem with the notification assistant of windows 10. When i go on the desktop, without any windows opened, the assistant activates itself and I can't receive any notification and have to shut off it manually. It happens every time. I partially solved...
  5. Quick Assist Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Assist Problem: Dears , I tried many times to use Quick Assist feature which in Windows 10 but it ran to fail each time . Many thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-problem/f2c459c1-ff38-4911-bc32-f4c57c5749b0
  6. Feature upgrades using Upgrade Assistant?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature upgrades using Upgrade Assistant?: Next time if I need to upgrade to the next Windows 10 feature upgrade using Upgrade Assistant and selecting the option to remove all my personal files and settings, will this option also remove all my Group Policy settings? Or is this option for only personal customizations...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant: Hello. I'm trying to update to the latest version of Windows 10 with the Windows 10 Update Assistant. It have been downloaded like three times now, in any time I can downloaded all. This last time it still running and is stuck in 99% for the third day now. I NEED to get the...
  8. ten upgrade assistance

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ten upgrade assistance: Does my Ten need to have Upgrade Assistance after update was installed? 80802
  9. Quick Assist problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist problem: I am able to get into Quick Assist ok but the problem I have is that the screen to which I am trying to assistance has a black border which hides one or two of the top right hand buttons. Is there any way to remove this black border or is there a better free equivalent...
  10. Quick Assist Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Assist Problem: I would be obliged if someone could provide an answer to this problem. I use a laptop running on Windows 10 Home Edition. My daughter, who lives many miles from me, has a laptop running on Windows 10 Pro edition. I have used Quick Assist a couple of times to help her and on...