Windows 10: Problem with upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Problem with upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a PC with a 2 drive setup. Drive C:\ is system drive and drive D:\ contains all programs etc... installed on PC. When I go to upgrade Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jaburmester, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Problem with upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10

I have a PC with a 2 drive setup. Drive C:\ is system drive and drive D:\ contains all programs etc... installed on PC.

When I go to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am not able to keep all programs and settings. I am only given the option to do a clean install.

Anyone who can help as to solve this issue it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

jaburmester, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Akane Win User

Problem with upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10

How do you do the upgrade ? Via ISO or upgrade from free windows 10 upgrade ?

Akane, Jul 30, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Programs can install their files all over the place so simply having a drive with programs on and then expecting it to work won't work.

You should unplug an hard drive that is not going to be the OS drive in case Windows decides to place some of its files on them. This can cause problems later on when you need to replace that drive.

So:

1. Switch off and unplug drive
    2. Do your ISO install, remember to delete all partitions on the OS drive and create a new one.

Once installed and activated, switch off PC and plug drive back in. I am afraid that you will need to reinstall your programs as thats the only way to be sure to get them working as like I say they can install files to other places.

swarfega, Jul 30, 2015
  6. So you say to do a clean install.

I am trying to avoid this.

You say to unplug any hard drive that is not going to be the OS so open laptop and unplug D:\ drive. I do not think so.

I do not think Microsoft has made it so difficult to do an upgrade.

Anyone else have any experiences of this problem and how to solve it ?

Thank you.

jaburmester, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problem with upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Problem with upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem upgrade

2. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  3. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  4. We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...: We have two Windows-based PCs.Both are only running Windows security no Kaspersky, etc..Both are running the same applications.They were both on Windows 10.We agreed to the free upgrade on both.One of them upgraded to Windows 11 without any trouble.The other refuses to be...
  5. We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...

We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...: We have two Windows-based PCs.Both are only running Windows security no Kaspersky, etc..Both are running the same applications.They were both on Windows 10.We agreed to the free upgrade on both.One of them upgraded to Windows 11 without any trouble.The other refuses to be...
  6. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  7. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  8. recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...: recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on my desktop shown when i start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-i-upgrade-windows-10-to-11-after-that-a/c8309a5d-11fe-46fb-814f-18e25cf6726e
  9. recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...

recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...: recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on my desktop shown when i start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-i-upgrade-windows-10-to-11-after-that-a/c8309a5d-11fe-46fb-814f-18e25cf6726e
  10. Upgraded to Windows 11, now have A few problems.

Upgraded to Windows 11, now have A few problems.: Upgraded to Windows 11, A few problems firstly new keyboard when i say new was working on win 10 for a few weeks just sometimes when open programs or things like this just wont work for a while then starts, replaced batteries twice thinking it could be the problem, but then...