Windows 10: problem with upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586

Discus and support problem with upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; tried to install the upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586, and it refuses to take, keeps telling me there's a problem and to try again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xraiderv1, Nov 15, 2015.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

problem with upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586

tried to install the upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586, and it refuses to take, keeps telling me there's a problem and to try again later.

:)

xraiderv1, Nov 15, 2015
  2. emporia Win User

Issues with Windows defender after upgraded to Windows 10

Using Windows 10 Home. Last week upgraded to Version 1511, 10586. After the upgrade, Windows Defender has stopped updating. Exactly the same problem occurs with my two computers. Now, I want to uninstall Version 1511, 10586 but can not find it. Please help
    me.

original title: Abe

emporia, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Windows update 1511 stuck at 51%

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1511, 10586,this update is not getting installed in my pc.after downloading 51%,it shows error.Please help me.

Original Title: Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1511, 10586-this update is not getting installed and after downloading 51% it is showing error.

Ritam Podder, Nov 15, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

You can download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft's Tech Bench site. The standard version is Windows 10 (others are restricted) and it can install/update both Windows 10 Home and Pro, depending on previous version (for upgrade) or serial (for clean-install). Download 32-bit or 64-bit according to your present Windows version.

A warning for English: There are two choices for English which are misleading. If you download the wrong language version you cannot use it to upgrade your present Windows version!

To save you the trouble:

"English" = American English (US) which most users have when installing the English version of Windows.

"International English" = British English (GB) which are mainly used in UK. This version cannot be used to upgrade English US Windows! Beware!

spapakons, Nov 15, 2015
  5. xraiderv1 Win User
    going to give it another try with a scheduled restart. then I'll call my system manufacturer for help.

xraiderv1, Nov 15, 2015
  6. In the time it would take to call an OEM for support, you could likely download the legitimate .iso and do the upgrade yourself. No different than doing so through Windows Update.

DeaconFrost, Nov 15, 2015
  7. xraiderv1 Win User
    small problem...just discovered I used my last blank discs making hard copies of music for the parents that was rather time consuming to rip in the first place.

xraiderv1, Nov 15, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

No problem! Right-click the ISO and select Open with->Windows Explorer. It will mount in a virtual DVD-ROM drive. You can then start setup from there or copy all files to a folder and start from the folder.

spapakons, Nov 15, 2015
  9. DrSysop Win User
    I having same issue WIndows 10 Pro 64 bit after it restarts i get blue screen page_fault error then goes back & this error appears i used media creator also

DrSysop, Nov 15, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    Uninstall your antivirus, you can re-install it after the upgrade. Also go at Control Panel, Device Manager and disable any non-important device (audio card, any SATA or SCSI controller that has no drives connected etc). Press Win+R to open a Run prompt and execute msconfig to open System Configuration. Go to Services tab and check the box to hide all Microsoft services. From the remaining services check the box to disable any non-important service such as updaters. Click on the Startup tab and click to open Task Manager (if no applications shown). Disable any non-important application (Skype, QTtask and others). Then try to upgrade again.

spapakons, Nov 15, 2015
  11. xraiderv1 Win User
    welp...aside from the computer deciding that self restarting to install updates wasnt in the cards, the upgrade FINALLY went off without a hitch, sans my broadcaster software and a few misc settings getting misconfigured.

xraiderv1, Nov 16, 2015
  12. DrSysop Win User
    I am using the Windows Defender i disabled it & still same error. I noticed windows took it off the update site update gone now so maybe to many issues.

DrSysop, Nov 16, 2015
  13. AMS
    ams Win User

After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro 'November' release (version 1511, 10586), I found that all my extra printers had disappeared and I had to re-install all of them - this applied to the printers I had set up to use the same physical printer, but with different printer preferences.
    Also, many of the links between file types and applications had reverted to some useless Microsoft applications. For example my PDF files, which were set up to open Adobe Acrobat Pro, I found they opened in MS Edge web browser!!
    I have had to go through them all to change them back to sensible values.

I do wish MS wouldn't assume that everyone want to use their applications!

14. spapakons Win User
    Yes, this is a very annoying symptom when upgrading to Windows 10 or upgrading to a new build. All settings are returned to default, including any customizations, your IE Advanced Security settings, the default programs and worst of all, every single driver is replaced by Windows Update. If you are lucky enough not to get a BSOD, you must reinstall all your drivers starting from chipset to get full functionality back and avoid any issues.

spapakons, Nov 20, 2015
  15. CmmTch Win User
    It continually failed to update from windows update for me. I've updated from Win7 Home to 10 Home with windows update in early August with no problems, and no problems with the installation. 10 has been working fine, the Nov update failed to install numerous times since 11-14, the last attempt listed is Thur. 11-19.

The Nov. update is no longer even offered to me when I check for updates, I've had updates to Defender and checked manually and it's no longer listed. I wasn't going to do the iso or "clean install" I have no desire to rebuild all files, favorites, etc... Some swear by it, but I just don't see the need, unless the computer is hopelessly clogged up and filled with useless garbage. I'm the only user on mine and just wasn't going to do it, the initial build is working fine.

It's my opinion, that if Microsoft is going to handle W10 the way they're doing with continued upgrade/update instead of a new OS every few years then they need to get it right. I can't see many users going through the time and trouble of using a downloaded iso to upgrade or clean install. There are many that don't possess the knowledge to do it, much less don't want to spend the time on it.

I'm waiting until they get it right, users shouldn't have to do anything for the update to flow. I shouldn't need to disable anti virus, drivers, SD card readers, etc... and anything else they can use for an excuse as to why their OS can't function as they wanted it to.

Until they fix it so it works as it should I'm staying on the initial build along with many other users. There are many posts about it, this isn't an isolated problem with a few computers. It's a Microsoft problem and they need to fix it.

CmmTch, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

1. problem with upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511, 10586 - Similar Threads - problem upgrade home

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 restars

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 restars: hey there,i have been having some trouble, i have updated to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 but it says i have to restart again and again and it never goes away. I do not get an errors or anything like that its just that the update stays and keeps restarting my pc every...
  3. Failed: Upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1511, 10586

Failed: Upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1511, 10586: The windows update 'Upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1511, 10586' fails with 'Windows can't be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware'. This PC (laptop) is running Windows-To-Go (Windows 10) from a an external USB SSD. It has...
  4. Still can't update to windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586.

Still can't update to windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586.: Hi, The Windows 10 Home, version 1511 10586 update came out a while ago now, and everyday since I've tried installing it and yet I still can't. It downloads fine, but then when I need to restart to "finish the update", I'm presented with the error message We're having...
  5. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 Failed 3 times

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 Failed 3 times: I have a 4 week old HP notebook with Windows 10 already installed. The above Upgrade (Update??) has failed 3 times & I suspect it is the root of other problems (Can't create more user accounts, can't sign in to Cortana.) According to the web others are experiencing the...
  6. Problem Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586

Problem Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586: Keep repeating on the update and won't update it... [img] Any solution? 37910
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586: Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 will not download and install. However the updater keeps telling me it is ready for installation, then is decides on it's own to restart any damn time it wants to. For a while, I had control over this. Then, like a dummy, I...
  8. Windows 10 version 1511 10586 app issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 version 1511 10586 app issues: I just upgraded my windows 10 pc to the 1511 version. I have (on the start menu) icons for photos, calendar, camera, maps, solitaire, news, get office, sports, one note all with a exclamation mark in a circle. When I click on any it says app not installed contact system...
  9. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 failed to install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 failed to install.: I tried to download it, but it has been downloading for 24 hours and seems stuck on 58% downloaded. Help 34766
  10. Windows 10 version 1511 10586

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 version 1511 10586: Has anyone had this update restart your machine 11 or 12 times and still Windows still wants to do it again. I have over the last 10 or so days. How now brown cow? Microsoft folks, is it an update or are you just being annoying!!!???? Please advise. I would like to get past...