Windows 10: Problem with USB eject icon

Discus and support Problem with USB eject icon in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On windows 10 (10240 build with all updated), lately I have a problem with the "eject usb" icon in taskbar, when I have a External HDD or USB in my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex28, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Alex28 Win User

Problem with USB eject icon

On windows 10 (10240 build with all updated), lately I have a problem with the "eject usb" icon in taskbar, when I have a External HDD or USB in my PC (any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port) and then I do click in "safely remove hardware" in the eject icon, I don't get notification or sound, directly the icon becomes unresponsive and the usb disappears from "my computer", as if I had removed the USB directly of USB port. If I have 2 USB differents connected, If I eject the first with the icon, then I can't click again in the icon for eject the second, the icon is there but unresponsive while still I have connected the second USB.

However from "my computer" in "right click in the USB drive and then clicking eject" works good with the notification and sound, and the USB drive remains transparent until I remove the USB from port. But from the icon doesn't work and I like more use the icon for quickness, and I've asked a friends who have also windows 10 and this problem doesn't occur to them, and I haven't this problem when install the windows 10 some days ago.

Anyone know any fix? maybe is a problem of any windows update, or register's entry?

Thanks.

PS: I have a asus maximus hero vi with the last MME and chipset drivers for windows10 installed.
    PS2: I tried start the service bluetooth but it dont work.

:)

Alex28, Aug 15, 2015
  2. WindowsOS Win User

ejecting a usb drive in 10

Click on the Show Hidden Icons in the right side of the Taskbar. The icon to eject USB drives is in there. It's Not a really good idea just to pull out a USB drive !!

WindowsOS, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Eject options inconsistent between USB stick and USB external drive - Windows 10

When I want to eject a USB stick I can do it 2 different ways (a) by clicking on the 'Safely remove hardware and eject media' icon in the notification area of the taskbar and selecting the device (b) in File Explorer by right mouse button on the drive letter
    for the USB stick and clicking the Eject option

When I want to eject a USB external drive I only have one option, by clicking on the 'Safely remove hardware and eject media' icon in the notification area of the taskbar and selecting the device. In File Explorer if I right mouse button on the drive letter
    for the USB external drive, there is no Eject option in the list of options.

Since I am usually in File Explorer when I have either a USB stick or a USB external drive plugged in, it is most natural to me to want to eject from within File Explorer after I have finished with the USB device.

Is there any way to 'switch on' an 'Eject' option within File Explorer for a USB external drive ?

Ron

PS this is true for both Windows 10 Home 32 bit and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Ron Hewett, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Problem with USB eject icon

1. Problem with USB eject icon - Similar Threads - Problem USB eject

2. Problem with ejecting an usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with ejecting an usb drive: Good evening, I had a problem where when I was safely ejecting my USB drive, it showed me that the drive was in use and I had to close all the programs which are there in the drive running. No programs were running from the drive. I also tried to look in Task Manager but I...
  3. Problem with ejecting an usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with ejecting an usb drive: Good evening, I had a problem where when I was safely ejecting my USB drive, it showed me that the drive was in use and I had to close all the programs which are there in the drive running. No programs were running from the drive. I also tried to look in Task Manager but I...
  4. Problem with ejecting an usb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problem ejecting usb/external harddrive

Problem ejecting usb/external harddrive: I have read everything on the internet but nothing seems to be offereing any solutions. So when I right click on the external drive i wish to eject, I don't have the eject option only format. I have gone down to the little arrow at the right bottom of the screen on my...
  6. USB Type-C Eject Problems

USB Type-C Eject Problems: Hi, I recently purchased a new USB with a type-c connector. It works fine but when I go to eject from the windows 10 system tray I get this error. [ATTACH] Please help. I have tried restarting my PC, launching in safe mode and updating the USB port drivers....
  7. usb thumb drive ejection problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb thumb drive ejection problem.: Just two or three days ago I started having a problem when I try to eject a Sandisk 32GB usb thumb and get the nasty li'l "device is currently in use" window. I've been using this thumb for over a year now with no problems. I haven't made any changes to the computer or to...
  8. USB EJECT

USB EJECT: When I try to eject a sandisk cruiser device I get a message saing that the volume12 sideband is being used..?what is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-eject/b5b258ae-7e86-4af9-8258-41775b2a4dfa
  9. Problems ejecting usb mass media

Problems ejecting usb mass media: I've looked at many of the previous postings on this issue and found zero useful ways of addressing the "sorry bloke, in use" inanity. Task manager resource monitor assures me nothing is accessing the drive in question, that is, right up to the point where I go through the...
  10. Icon for ejecting usb stick

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for ejecting usb stick: The icon has disappeared that I use to eject a usb safely. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/icon-for-ejecting-usb-stick/5f83f60a-7497-4029-883c-4c843ef7ec54