Windows 10: Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge

Discus and support Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I recently tried to use this device which worked on Windows 7 Professional before upgrading to 10. I found that the USB2 device fluctuated from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gwladok5, Mar 8, 2016.

1. gwladok5 Win User

Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge

Hi! I recently tried to use this device which worked on Windows 7 Professional before upgrading to 10. I found that the USB2 device fluctuated from appearing in Device Manager. Also the SATA drive appeared as named device, then Local drive or disappeared completely.

I could hear the PC trying to ID the devices. Same behaviour with my laptop, also with Windows 10.

So I bought a new Bridge from Novatech as this stated Windows 10 compatable but this device is behaving exactly the same way. Novatech assure me no drivers are required. The drive appears stable then disappears. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

:)

gwladok5, Mar 8, 2016

2. Win 10 lockup

long shot: between HD and motherboard... faulty SATA bridge ?

claudedoiron, Mar 8, 2016
  3. External Hard Drive Issue - Disk 1 Removable (FProblem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge :) No Media

Gotcha. The assumption of SATA bridge being faulty becomes more strong then.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 8, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried only a single HDD or SSD on it or is this common among several HDDs or SSDs connected to it? Also, are you using the external power supply?

NavyLCDR, Mar 8, 2016
  5. gwladok5 Win User
    You'd think that, having messed around with computers for years, I would have known better than to rely on a HDD that, although worked fine the last time out, may be at fault! Tried 2 more HDD, all worked fine so now I have 2 x USB2 bridges!! You live & learn.

gwladok5, Mar 9, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You still might want to try the data recovery software.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with USB2 to IDE/SATA Bridge - Similar Threads - Problem USB2 IDE

2. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  3. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  4. trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to restore image backup after changing SATA ide to SATA RAID1 setup: system is either 1903 or 1909 i honestly didn't look at what update has done since i installed over my Win7Pro... when i run system restore i get the error blah blah blah disk is too small. Replace with a larger disk blah blah blah.... Why exactly am i getting this...
  5. Connected SATA with IDE Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected SATA with IDE Settings: I have G4117L0D bios Zebronics ZEB G41 D3 motherboard in my PC I have connected 2 HDD, both have 6GB/s capability (SATA 3) BIOS has options of SATA type as IDE, AHCI, RAID. In IDE there are 2 options, Before PATA and Behind PATA. In AHCI there are again the same options...
  6. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI: Sorry to bother you all. I am currently trying to change my SATA mode from IDE to AHCI but in my BIOS the option to change it is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My Specs are: Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC Ram: 2.0 GB DDR3 SSD: Crucial BX200 Media...
  7. IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised

IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised: I have a SAMSUNG 40GB IDE HDD that I took out of an old case. I acquired an IDE to SATA adapter. The drive turns on; no strange noises, or anything. It looks pretty much band new, dispite it being 15 years old. It's not recognised by Windows, and it doesn't seem to show up in...
  8. IDE drive to SATA host

IDE drive to SATA host: I an trying to reuse old IDE drives and DVD writers in a system that only has SATA on board. I bought two kinds of adaptor board for it but none of them works. Here are the two boards: [img] [img] I've tried them on 2 PCs (B75 and Z97 chipset, both run Windows 10), 3 old...
  9. Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.

Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.: Hi, Not sure that this is the correct thread for this question ..... but here goes. I have a 3.5inch Sata HDD which I would like to use, and assumed that I would require a Sata type enclosure in order to use it. I have an empty IDE enclosure and have heard it can be...
  10. Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert IDE enclosure to take a sata 3.5 HDD.: Hi, Not sure that this is the correct thread for this question ..... but here goes. I have a 3.5inch Sata HDD which I would like to use, and assumed that I would require a Sata type enclosure in order to use it. I have an empty IDE enclosure and have heard it can be...