Windows 10: Problem with Video Files (including YouTube)

Discus and support Problem with Video Files (including YouTube) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm not sure if this goes under Performance & Maintenance or Video/Graphic Cards, but lately, I've been experiencing a lot of artifacts in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bunsinator, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Problem with Video Files (including YouTube)

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this goes under Performance & Maintenance or Video/Graphic Cards, but lately, I've been experiencing a lot of artifacts in any video I watch on my computer. This is for any file type (mp4, avi, mkv, etc.). Audio continues fine, but the video freezes. The moment I move my mouse, the video tries to catch up to the audio and I get artifacts (or what I think are artifacts) [screenshot attached].

This is happening to videos that are streaming online, too. For example on YouTube, the audio will continue on as normal, but video will slow down and freeze on a frame until I move my mouse or make the video full screen.

All drivers are totally up to date and I'm not having any issues with the graphics cards (I've got two GTX 980's - but I have disabled SLI). I can play games with no problems or issues. This is only occurring with video files.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

bunsinator, Aug 2, 2016

2. Belle update: Flv files & HD videos are not playing on N8

Videos downloaded using the FastTube application are downloaded in the MP4 format. Therefore, they will play perfectly on the phone.

Ray.

Ray Hipkiss, Aug 2, 2016
  3. HTC Surround Friends tile link to facebook links does not allow me to watch video links, no Adobe Flash Media player

I know this, I already did the homework on that. This is the default response on the YouTube site when the video cannot be played. The problem is that the video file extension is not being tied to the YouTube apps on my cell.

LarryHayes, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

Problem with Video Files (including YouTube)

1. Problem with Video Files (including YouTube) - Similar Threads - Problem Video Files

2. YouTube Video for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube Video for...: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkktSZ8gOQ&pp=ygUfQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSBhbCBvdGhhaW0gbWFsbA%3D%3D https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLpsEQ14hQ&pp=ygUeQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSA4NDQ1IGFsIHJhYmF0...
  3. YouTube Video for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube Video for...: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkktSZ8gOQ&pp=ygUfQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSBhbCBvdGhhaW0gbWFsbA%3D%3D https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLpsEQ14hQ&pp=ygUeQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSA4NDQ1IGFsIHJhYmF0...
  4. Will file size affect video playback in youtube?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will file size affect video playback in youtube?: I encoded my video to upload to youtube.But it seems to reduce my video quality too.I need to know is there a benefit of uploading smaller file sized videos to youtube?Will it help to load the video faster?1080p - 1.27GB not encoded1080p -685MB encoded using Handbreak * I can...
  5. Will file size affect video playback in youtube?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will file size affect video playback in youtube?: I encoded my video to upload to youtube.But it seems to reduce my video quality too.I need to know is there a benefit of uploading smaller file sized videos to youtube?Will it help to load the video faster?1080p - 1.27GB not encoded1080p -685MB encoded using Handbreak * I can...
  6. youtube videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    youtube videos: For some reason when I click on to watch a youtube video it gives me this message. The address wasn’t understood Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (rtsp) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context....
  7. YouTube Videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YouTube Videos: I have a new PC with fully updated software. All websites work great, EXCEPT YouTube. I cannot play YouTube Videos. Do I have to switch to Chrome to use YouTube? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-videos/e6c7bff6-7334-4230-855a-e3aee895b0ba
  8. Youtube video problems in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube video problems in chrome: After i upgraded to windows 10 youtube videos sometimes do not load when the page loads. I usually have to refresh the page twice to get it to work. 13321
  9. No Video in YouTube Music Videos.

in Browsers and Email
    No Video in YouTube Music Videos.: Hi folks, Just like the title said, my problem is that I'm not getting any video when I try to watch a music video on YouTube. In the past all I've had to do was reload the page and then it would work, but after smashing F5 hundreds of times I've come to the conclusion...
  10. videos, streaming videos, youtube problem

in Windows 10 Support
    videos, streaming videos, youtube problem: Hi I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1709 build 16299.19. Suddenly, after Fall creators update I can't view streaming video &/or Youtube in Chrome, Opera or Edge. Have updated all drivers. Have turned off hardware acceleration. Any ideas? 96495