Windows 10: Problem with Windows 10 crashing or locking up

Discus and support Problem with Windows 10 crashing or locking up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been with Windows 10 for 3 years and never had any problems with it. Now just last week it is freezing up and then crashes. It is extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KarenF55, Sep 4, 2018.

1. KarenF55 Win User

Problem with Windows 10 crashing or locking up

I have been with Windows 10 for 3 years and never had any problems with it. Now just last week it is freezing up and then crashes. It is extremely frustrating especially when you are in the middle of playing a game and without warning it freezes up and the only way I can get it to work again is b clicking the X on the corner of the page and goin out of it and restarting it but then you have to start the game over again too.

I tried the Norton tool repair kit free program and it didn't seem to fix it. They insisted that they wanted me to upgrade to the one that you have to pay for in order to do so and I am not well that well off in being on a fixed income. I tried deleting or removing several files off my hard drive but every time I go and play a game online or the card games associated with the Windows 10 package it still freezes up. I also get the error message saying that it is not responding. I also went with AVG but the same thing in order for me to download the repair one they want money for it. And Windows 10 just sends you to the same one put out by Norton telling you to download the version that you have to pay for. And I keep getting the messages from them telling me that my system has crashed and to perform a scan with the one that they want you to buy. I live in Canada and don't feel like paying twice as much for a program only to discover it doesn't work. Stupid part is it doesn't seem to do it all the time. And I am not that sure what you mean with the cleaner program. In that one line about seeing what one it is as I am not really into computers .

:)

KarenF55, Sep 4, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Problem with Windows 10 crashing or locking up

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Windows 10 crashing or locking up

1. Problem with Windows 10 crashing or locking up - Similar Threads - Problem crashing locking

2. Problem and solution to Mail locking up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem and solution to Mail locking up: I've been using Windows 10 Mail for about 2 years now. I use Mail as the primary interface to my multiple email accounts Yahoo, Google, MSN, etc.. This way, I have one window for mail.Problem:Occasionally, I found Mail would "lock-up" and not synchronize with the email...
  3. Computer locking up or crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locking up or crashing: Hi, my computer has been locking up or crashing and I am not sure what is causing it, help would be great.My computer is a Dell Inspiron 580Running windows 11 home8gb ramGraphics nvidia geforce 310Storage crucial bx500 120gb...
  4. Computer locking up or crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer locking up or crashing: Hi, my computer has been locking up or crashing and I am not sure what is causing it, help would be great.My computer is a Dell Inspiron 580Running windows 11 home8gb ramGraphics nvidia geforce 310Storage crucial bx500 120gb...
  5. Windows 10 Locking up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Locking up: Every since Windows 10 was installed on my laptop, the laptop locks up every few minutes for about a minute at a time. It is very frustrating. Any suggestions? It is up to date on all updates....
  6. Problem with Microsoft 10 locking up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Microsoft 10 locking up: I think my windows 10 computer is getting worse. The updates usually only lasted 15-20 minutes. Today it has been taking over an hour before it finishes what it is doing. I suspect it is the new windows 10 update. There is no warning or message that an update is occurring,...
  7. Windows 10 Lock up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Lock up: Windows 10 locks up when running applications and idling. total lockup. sound buffer repeats. screen either totally black, white or light blue. no BSoD. have to turn off at power. happens at least once a day. lost count of work lost. started when automatic upgraded to...
  8. System keeps locking up and crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System keeps locking up and crashing: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff802501e2380, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: ed9ad44e-bb46-46f0-89b6-d9cdb6748b2f. I have uploaded the mini...
  9. Windows 10 locks up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 locks up: I have a copy of Windows 10 Pro. Currently, I can't actually use it, because the system will boot, and ~5 minutes after login, the entire system locks up. Any disk activity that was currently happening stops immediately. The system doesn’t reboot or shut down. It simply holds...
  10. Windows 10 locks up & network card crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 locks up & network card crashes: Hey everyone, Been a while. Nursing school doesn't give you much free time to do anything... but I have an issue and need a saviour here. Windows 10 on my dell Inspiron 15-3531 is constantly, and randomly becomes unresponsive. Along with being non responsive, the wireless...