Windows 10: Problem with Windows Defender, needed action

Discus and support Problem with Windows Defender, needed action in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I had this laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro I asked the tech to name it "xxxxx". He did that and whenever I fired up the machine I got... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tony Vella, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Problem with Windows Defender, needed action

When I had this laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro I asked the tech to name it "xxxxx". He did that and whenever I fired up the machine I got "xxxxx Welcome". Last week I received an update from Microsoft and at the end of its installation (1 hour) the laptop told me that my Windows Defender needed action. I followed the instructions (I don't even remember what they were) and since then whenever I boot the laptop I get "my email address, welcome" instead of "xxxxx welcome" and the laptop automatically logs me into my Microsoft Account.

Everything works perfectly and now my Windows Defender icon in the lower right shows a green tic-mark saying Windows Defender requires no action. It's not a big deal but I do not like the idea of automatically logging into my Microsoft Account against my email address.

Could someone please tell me what I did (wrong) and what I can do to put things back to the way they were before my mess? Please forgive if this post is addressed to the wrong group, I simply do NOT understand these things. Shows my age.

Forgot to mention that I have a third-party anti-virus/malware program installed.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Jun 29, 2018

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 29, 2018
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Problem with Windows Defender, needed action

Windows Defender Anitvirus

Hello,

There are multiple reasons why you are having issues, enabling Windows Defender. To assist you with your concern, you can refer to
    PrashantKumar96's
    Forum Article
    on how to fix Windows Defender not starting.

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps listed there, especially the number six troubleshooting step.

Let us know of the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Windows Defender, needed action

1. Problem with Windows Defender, needed action - Similar Threads - Problem Defender needed

2. Action needed for defender in quick acess panel but no action required in security control...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action needed for defender in quick acess panel but no action required in security control...: Resently ms security is showing action needed pop up in quick access toolbar but no action required showing in the security panel i tried deleting the history as well as sfc scan as well as image restore but the same problem persists...
  3. Windows Defender "Action Needed" but there's no malware detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender "Action Needed" but there's no malware detection: Every time on startup, my Windows Defender shows a 'action needed symbol' with a caution mark in a triangle which disappears a few moments later and gets replaced with the 'no action needed' symbol with a tick in a green circle.I scanned my computer several times with...
  4. WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED

WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED: So i downloaded a game trainer and windows defender did its job by blocking a supposed trojanimage provided. It quarantined the threat but later on gave another notification of that same threat and this time clicking Start action doesn't work. Personally i know the threat is...
  5. Windows Security action needed problem

Windows Security action needed problem: hello my windows defender give me notification again and again action needed in my pc when i open defender and click on take action and remove it it's show again the same think i manually find action needed file but there is no file found on path please help me to solve...
  6. Windows Defender Stuck Displaying "Actions Needed"

Windows Defender Stuck Displaying "Actions Needed": Yesterday, Windows Defender caught a threat on my device. Let me go ahead and preface by saying that I think it was a false positive caused by an issue with a DirectX implementation, but I only have anecdotal evidence. I still went ahead and let Defender remove it, though,...
  7. Windows Defender Showing Action Needed

Windows Defender Showing Action Needed: It is showing in action needed in the right side of my desktop but when I try to press do the further required its still not showing the green tick [Original Title: windows security]...
  8. Windows Defender Security Center action needed?

Windows Defender Security Center action needed?: I have just completed a fresh install of Windows 10, and lo and behold I have a security issue that requires action. Only the issue does not present itself. How do I make that little red X go away? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...

Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...: In the task bar I see "actions needed" [ATTACH] But if I open the Windows Defender Security Center I do not see any "action needed" ! Why? [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows defender : Anomalous "Actions Needed" message/icon

Windows defender : Anomalous "Actions Needed" message/icon: Icon says actions needed. When open Defender it says I need a restart. When I then expand that page, all is well. How do I clear this? See attachments for how this manifests 100323

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender shows action needed

2. windows defender action needed no problems?

3. action needed windows security

4. windows security error action needed,
  5. how to solve te windows defender action,
  6. problem solving windows defender action,
  7. action needed in windows defender,
  8. win 10 defender action needed,
  9. defender security center actions needed not clear what,
  10. win10 Windows Defender action needed,
  11. windows defender actions needed,
  12. windows defender security center actions needed.,
  13. fix windows defender when it says actions need when theres not