Windows 10: Problem with Windows power management

Discus and support Problem with Windows power management in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have come here looking for help regarding a issue I have found. I have a asrock a320m-hdv board with latest bios using a ryzen 3 2200g. I always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robmcc83, May 21, 2018.

1. robmcc83 Win User

Problem with Windows power management

Hi,
    I have come here looking for help regarding a issue I have found.
    I have a asrock a320m-hdv board with latest bios using a ryzen 3 2200g.
    I always put my builds on high performance in the Windows power plan within the control panel no problem.
    Only on this current build no matter what power plan I choose they all idle at 1.6ghz.
    I've been into the bios and enabled/disabled c-states but nothing seems to make my processor stick at 3.5ghz just like high performance power plan should do.
    Would be grateful for a little help thanks if anybody can.
    Cheers
    Rob

:)

robmcc83, May 21, 2018

2. power management

Hi,

Thank you posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices connected to the system, restart and check if the issue persists or not.

If issue still persists, try to run the troubleshooter and check if that helps:

Step 2: Run the Power Troubleshooter

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the
      Search bar on the desktop and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Power”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 22, 2018
  3. Platform Power Management CapabilitiesProblem with Windows power management :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

Hi Hallman,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have issues with Power on Surface after you updated to Windows 10.

This may be arise if you did not configured the power settings properly.

Follow the below methods and heck if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Power.

• Click on Advanced on the power troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Follow the below method if the issue persist.

Method 2:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to install the latest updates through Windows updates and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates.

• Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.

I suggest you to refer the below link for more information about Power problems on Surface.

Surface battery and power

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/hardware-and-drivers/battery-and-power?os=windows-10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Windows power management

1. Problem with Windows power management - Similar Threads - Problem power management

2. Windows and power management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and power management: Hi allThree of my windows 11 laptops are ignoring my power management settings. One of these laptops is the top of the line Surface Studio that has support and since I paid for it, I figured, I would open a ticket with MSFT support first and see how they do. When did this, I...
  3. Windows and power management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows and power management: Hi allThree of my windows 11 laptops are ignoring my power management settings. One of these laptops is the top of the line Surface Studio that has support and since I paid for it, I figured, I would open a ticket with MSFT support first and see how they do. When did this, I...
  4. Windows power management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows power management: Hello, I've moved to Windows from Linux as I need the Office suite for work reasons. The battery life on Windows is literally half that I had on Linux. It's a shame. I really need some serious alternative to Linux's TLP. Anyone can help? submitted by /u/lucagee__ [link]...
  5. Power Management

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Management: My power management is set to sleep/turn off display after 30 minutes of inactivity, whilst plugged in. When I watch catch up TV e.g. QuestTV on dplay.co.uk the laptop goes to sleep (black screen) after 30 minutes, whilst the programme is still running. I do not consider...
  6. Power Management

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Management: I have migrated from a company-managed PC to my own now HP Omen - is it possible to close the lid without shutting down the machine? I'd like to continue to use it with wireless keyboard, mouse, and external screen. Is it even a good idea to do this?...
  7. Power management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power management: There is a power regulator which has three modes. It disappeared and now I can't find any other way to fix it. How can I restore the power management to get back the power regulator...
  8. Problem with Windows power management asrock a320m-hdv board

Problem with Windows power management asrock a320m-hdv board: Hi, I have come here looking for help regarding a issue I have found. I have a asrock a320m-hdv board with latest bios using a ryzen 3 2200g. I always put my builds on high performance in the Windows power plan within the control panel no problem. Only on this current build...
  9. Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?

Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?: I got to realize windows implemented its own battery power manager , it is set on "Best Performance" while I already have a manufacturer battery power manager that is installed but two years old (Early 2016) that reports being up to date set on "Balance Mode" , now i am...
  10. Power management?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power management?: When I change the power management to never turn the screen off on my desktop the setting is back to 15 minutes when the Pc is restarted. On my laptop I don't have this problem and I can't find a setting in the BIOS which can be the cause? I use build 10586.11 64 bit....