Windows 10: Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows

Discus and support Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ImHado, Jul 30, 2018.

1. ImHado Win User

Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows

How to: Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows

How to Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

You will see the Send to context menu when you right click on a file or folder in Windows.

The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped) folder, Desktop (create shortcut), Documents, Fax recipient, Mail recipient, and removable and network drives.

To move an item instead of copy and item, you can right click or press and hold on a file or folder, click/tap on Send to, press and hold the Shift key, and click/tap on a drive or folder in the Send to context menu.

This tutorial will show you how to add and remove items in the Send To context menu to customize it in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Contents
    • Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user)
    • Option Two: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Specific User
    • Option Three: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for New Users

EXAMPLE: Send to context menu

Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user)
    1 While signed in to your account, open File Explorer Win + E.

2 Copy and paste shell:sendto into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter.

3 To remove items from the "Send to" context menu, right click or press and hold on a shortcut of the item you want to remove in this SendTo folder, and click/tap on Delete.

4 To add items to the "Send to" context menu, create a shortcut of the location (ex: folder, drive, network location, etc...) you want to add in this SendTo folder.

You can use any name and icon you want for this shortcut.

5 When finished adding and removing shortcuts in the SendTo folder, you can close this File Explorer window if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Specific User
    You must be signed in as an administrator to add and remove items in the Send To context menu for other user accounts.

1 Open File Explorer Win + E.

2 In File Explorer, click/tap on the View tab, and check the Hidden items box to show hidden files. (see screenshot below)

You can uncheck the Hidden items again if wanted when finished adding and removing items in the SendTo folder in step 3 below.

3 Navigate to the hidden SendTo folder at the path below in File Explorer. (see screenshot below step 6)
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

Substitute <username> in the folder path above with the name of the profile folder (ex: "Brink") of the user account you want to customize the "Send to" context menu for.

For example: C:\Users\Brink\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

4 To remove items from the "Send to" context menu, right click or press and hold on a shortcut of the item you want to remove in this SendTo folder, and click/tap on Delete.

5 To add items to the "Send to" context menu, create a shortcut of the location (ex: folder, drive, network location, etc...) you want to add in this SendTo folder.

6 When finished adding and removing shortcuts in the SendTo folder, you can , and close this File Explorer window if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for New Users
    You must be signed in as an administrator to add and remove items in the Send To context menu for new users.

This option will only affect new user accounts added to the computer after adding and removing items to the default SendTo folder.

1 Open File Explorer Win + E.

2 Copy and paste C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter.

3 To remove items from the "Send to" context menu, right click or press and hold on a shortcut of the item you want to remove in this SendTo folder, and click/tap on Delete.

4 To add items to the "Send to" context menu, create a shortcut of the location (ex: folder, drive, network location, etc...) you want to add in this SendTo folder.

5 When finished adding and removing shortcuts in the SendTo folder, you can close this File Explorer window if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ImHado, Jul 30, 2018

2. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Oct 27, 2019
  3. mades Win User
    How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed)

It's not in the open with context menu (tried the steps from the link just to see, but no it's not in there). The app from the context menu is in the first layer, the one when you right click on an item and you have "scan with..." or "edit with notepad++" etc.

mades, Oct 27, 2019
  4. User919 Win User

User919, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with managing Start Context menu items on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "add and remove items from the Windows 10 Start Context menu", are you referring to add or remove the contents present in Start Menu?

If you want to manage the apps which will appear in Start Menu, then you can pin or unpin any apps from the Start Menu.

Step 2: To add the icons of any apps in the Start Menu.

1. Click on Search Menu.

2. Then type the name of apps which you want to add in Start Menu.

3. Right click on the name of apps and click on Pin to Start.

Step 2: Try to unpin the apps which you don't want to display in Start Menu.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Right click on any apps icons in the Start Menu.

3. Then click on Unpin from Start.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 27, 2019
  6. dalchina Win User
    Modify Title of Context Menu Item

This is curiously difficult. No one utility seems to offer a complete list of context menu entries as far as I know.

For example, using Shellmenuview, you can access the relevant entry in Regedit. For some it appears to offer the ability to change that text:

That's an installed program.

For others, it doesn't.

(That's a default Windows program....).

Note too the text appears in multiple places where the program is associated with multiple extensions.

The venerable ContextMenuEdit allows you to edit the text, but again, this is non-trivial- consider here the extension list supported by vlc player, undifferentiated in the left column:

To be consistent, each one would have to be edited- then if you changed player, all that would be lost.

Basically this, I suggest, is not worth pursuing except in very specific cases should there be a real need.

Considering the impact of upgrading, changes to installed program context menu entries should not be affected. Changes to Windows default entries- if that's even feasible, which I doubt, as I believe the text isn't in the registry, would be restored to default.

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Remove Items

2. Remove some context menu items for folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove some context menu items for folders: So I download qttabbar, decided I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. But it left these items in the folder context menu. Is there a program I can install or a .bat file or something? These menu items are a eyesore, and they don't do anything....
  3. remove Bluetooth on "Send To" context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove Bluetooth on "Send To" context menu: How about this one? Is there a way to remove Bluetooth on the "Send To" context menu? [img] 172250
  4. How to add items to the EXTENDED send-to menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add items to the EXTENDED send-to menu?: So it seems the extended send-to menu actually shows LESS than the standard send-to menu. I'd like to make them mirror one another and with the way I have send-to currentlyh configured, the only item that shows up in the extended menu is mail and my iphone (if its...
  5. How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?: Lets say I right-click a folder in Windows Explorer. I want to be able to Send To -> My_Program When I Send To, can I assume that the item clicked is sent in variable %1 ? 65257
  6. Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hidden items to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...
  7. Add or Remove Drives in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Drives in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Drives in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Drives in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to...
  8. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...
  9. Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Items in Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Send to Context Menu Items in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device,...
  10. Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create a new item in the current location. The default New context menu items include to...