problem word icons

Discus and support problem word icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi i reinstalled Windows 10 and office 2016 pro with legal licenses,and other several aplications. some doc files i have on a folder,instead of appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fjabrantes, Aug 2, 2018.

1. fjabrantes Win User

problem word icons

hi

i reinstalled Windows 10 and office 2016 pro with legal licenses,and other several aplications.
    some doc files i have on a folder,instead of appear the w of the office ,it appears like a shortcut, other docs on other disks are ok.I already do open with word and does always that i see on Windows already and its ok.
    If i press f5 it appears the correct icon and comes again the shortcut icon, but the files open ok with office.
    if i create a new one he creates with icon ok.
    i ask if its a problem with Windows 10 ?

:)

fjabrantes, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Mohammed AliAli Win User

Win 10 Icons problem!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• Are you trying to hide icon in the task bar.

If yes I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type in search bar “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Select the option “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Turn off the icons which you want to hide.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Nomgle Win User
    Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile problem word icons :)

Nomgle, Aug 2, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

problem word icons

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

problem word icons

1. problem word icons - Similar Threads - problem word icons

2. Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem: I am sure this issue has been reported already but I am not sure if a permanent fix was found, but hopefully someone can assist me here. I have my PC running Windows 10 - Home edition, it has a fixed static IP of 192.168.0.3 and a gateway of 192.168.0.1 (subnet mask of...
  3. Network problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problem: Receiving message 'can't connect to this network" on laptop windows 10. Other devices are connected and fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-problem/27c3257b-6241-4aaf-a1cd-06984707735c
  4. Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10: I'm having this weird problem since days now, I did not installed any new or recent windows updates or did anything different, just playing games and watching content on YouTube. Randomly freezing on my screen, icons on taskbar (sometimes all of them or just tiny ones at...
  5. Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung: Hi, I would like your help for a problem i am facing. I bought a MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard (7A36-003R) and I wanted to build a new pc but when i try to install Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 at the step where I select the M.2 disk to install it popups a...
  6. Windows Command Processor Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Command Processor Problem: For a while now I have been having a windows command processor appear on my task bar and in my task manager, this command processor is constantly disappearing and reappearing so I cannot exit out of it or even end the process, I have received help from customer support about...
  7. windows sin in problem.

windows sin in problem.: im windows 10 user . I have a sin in problem. when my window is going start it display a message you have not sin in you account and sin in a temporary account has been sin in. I lost my all data which is on the desktop. Now what I should do?...
  8. Problem with Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Windows 10 update: Hi, I am having issues with Windows being able to complete the last steps of an important update. (windows 10) I can go through the steps each time until my computer restarts and gets to the log in screen and from there my login screen is different to my regular one and...
  9. where did the battery icon go?

where did the battery icon go?: where did the battery life icon go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/where-did-the-battery-icon-go/cdfe66f4-e4b2-426e-b8e1-208ffb4f1679
  10. Dual display problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual display problem: I have hooked up dual displays on my Dell XPS computer and cannot get the displays to show dual images IE: screen 1 main screen info and screen 2 separate sheet info. If I select extend image, monitor 2 only has background image and no controls. If I select show only on...