Windows 10: Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store

Discus and support Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; tl;dr : I am using the Netflix app from Windows 10 store. The app works fine on my laptop however when i connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jason07, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Jason07 Win User

Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store

tl;dr :
    I am using the Netflix app from Windows 10 store. The app works fine on my laptop however when i connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI and play want to watch a video on the TV i get black screen on the video with the menu, audio and subtitle still working fine. But when i drag netflix app back to the laptop the video is back again. No error code either.

Any idea on how to fix or troubleshoot this further ? Im running out of idea now.

More details:

I tried this these things so far, which did not work :

- Re-installed Netflix from Windows store.
    - A new 4k HDMI cable to make sure HDCP handshake is okay.
    - Installed newest and old nvidia video driver.
    - Connected laptop to another TV
    - Microsoft Edge browser

The only way i can watch Netflix now on my TV using the laptop is using Chrome or Firefox which has horrible quality, MS Edge doesn't work either. I updated windows 10 just couple days so i also suspect that may a reason but i used to get black screen sometimes before that too, but it used to work again after restarting the pc another day. But now nothing seems to work.

Only thing i can think of now is too reinstall windows or roll back on windows updates which i dont really want to do.

:)

Jason07, Oct 4, 2016

2. Can't install Asphalt 8 from the Windows Store

Have you tried installing different apps from Windows store? Are you getting the same error? If you are able to install different apps from Windows store without having the same error, you can contact the app developer to further isolate the issue.

Thanks.

Shirlen Agu, Oct 4, 2016
  3. not being able to access netflic via app on HP laptop

Hi Jade,

As you are facing issues with accessing the Netflix app on your device, Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you tried to install the app from Windows Store?
    • What exactly happens when you try to find for the Netflix app from Windows Store?

If you have already un-installed the application, I suggest you to refer to the below link to install the app and check if it helps.

Netflix Windows Apps

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Netflix app for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store

1. Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store - Similar Threads - Problem wth Netflix

2. NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps: My Netflix turns into black and white when I play some titles on full screen, it works fine on maximize or any other mode, but turns into Black and White when I switch into full screen. Not only occur in the movies, but all on the app itself, so far I found it on two...
  3. Unable to Re-Install Netflix App from MICROSOFT STORE!!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Re-Install Netflix App from MICROSOFT STORE!!: Recently my Netflix App started not responding. I went ahead and thought to just re-install it after uninstalling. Upon trying to re-install, no action happens after I click 'GET' for Netflix App. No download process , nothing at all. Every other app I checked responds just...
  4. Cant install Netflix app from Microsoft store

Cant install Netflix app from Microsoft store: This all started when my Netflix app started freezing randomly. Randomly while watching a show it froze for the first time, so as a result I tried reopening the app. The app reopened but now going into the app it would freeze after 5 seconds. So I thought reinstalling or...
  5. Couldn't install Netflix app from store

Couldn't install Netflix app from store: i can not download netflix app from microsoft store if i click getdownload it does not download or install I tried logging out and get but it doesn't I also logged in again and clicked on get but no response...
  6. Netflix app from the store

Netflix app from the store: About 3 weeks ago my Netflix app that comes with Windows 10 started having very slight streaming hesitations. I use my tv monitor hooked up to the desktop computer. I tried going directly to Netflix.com to watch and it was worse. Today while watching a series the English...
  7. Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer

Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer: If I watch a video with the netflix app on my computer, my system crashes and restarts. I got this information in event viewer. Does somebody has an idea? Protokollname: System Quelle: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Datum: 18.05.2020 19:04:20...
  8. Netflix app will not download from store

Netflix app will not download from store: I have recently bought a new laptop and am trying to get the Netflix app from the windows store. It says that the app is already owned when I go to the store page. However, when I click the blue 'install' button, a black border appears around the button but nothing appears...
  9. Problems with Netflix App

Problems with Netflix App: When I play a movie, it plays ok and then after 30-60 seconds, the audio starts making weird noises and the audio is distorted. All my drivers are up to date and the app is up to date as well. Specs: Asus PG5C-MX/1333 - Intel LGA775 Pentium CPU - Intel® Core™2 Duo...
  10. Windows Store Netflix App New Issue

Windows Store Netflix App New Issue: I discovered today 10/1/2015 that after updating the Netflix app via the Windows Store the Stream Manager function now crashed the app. When viewing a Netflix video, and opening the Steam Manager (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S), when you attempt to set a manual stream rate of any value...