Windows 10: Problems adding files to Firefox folders

Discus and support Problems adding files to Firefox folders in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am probably not the best person for this one...I'm sorry - I don't use Edge (I feel it's still not ready for prime time); I'm a Firefox user. I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Apr 24, 2017.

1. simrick Win User

Problems adding files to Firefox folders

I am probably not the best person for this one...I'm sorry - I don't use Edge (I feel it's still not ready for prime time); I'm a Firefox user. I have always been able to resolve problems with FF by either removing extensions, refreshing it, or both.

As I said in Post #9:
    Microsoft Edge Favorites are stored in a database as opposed to an HTML. It is not readily editable in Windows.

So, wonder if are you looking in your old FF folders (using File Manager) to see if your new bookmarks go there? Because they won't. Or, are you looking in Edge, and not seeing them?

Did you ever perform an Edge reset, or no? (You will lose all bookmarks if you do it.)

simrick, Apr 25, 2017
  2. Fred22 Win User

Fred22, Apr 25, 2017
  3. simrick Win User
    I think perhaps you're just the person to help me solve my problem. I would love to use Firefox, always have, but somehow my cookies got disabled and I don't know how to enable them. There may be other problems as well, but if you'll hang in there with me and we can get this job done, I'll be a happy camper...love Firefox. *Smile

Version 52
    Install an older version of Firefox | Firefox Help

simrick, Apr 25, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Please just download it, do not install it yet; we have some cleanup work to do first.

simrick, Apr 25, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    You have your bookmarks and passwords saved somewhere safe, right?

In the search box (Cortana), type
    Code: %appdata%[/quote] And select to open that folder.

Problems adding files to Firefox folders [​IMG]

Find the Mozilla folder and rename it to Mozilla.old

Open Ccleaner Free and let's do a cleaning:

Check all the boxes pertaining to Firefox.
    Make sure everything else is unchecked in all the other selections, and be sure to look at BOTH tabs (Windows and Applications) and scroll all the way down.
    Click Analyze, and then Run Cleaner.
    Close Ccleaner.

Open an admin Command Prompt or admin PowerShell box by right-clicking the Start button and type:

Code: ipconfig /flushdns[/quote]

Now you're ready to install FF v52.
    I know, 53 is the latest, but it seems to be giving fits to some people (including me), so let's use v52.

Install the browser.
    Open it and go to Tools>Options

In the Privacy selection, make sure Firefox will Remember History

In the Advanced section, select the Update tab, and mark the radio button for "Check for updates, bet let me choose whether to install them"

Do not add any extensions at this time. Make sure the browser is working properly as you expect it first. Then add your extensions one at a time, in case one of them causes problems, so you can identify it.

Import your bookmarks.

Don't install v53 yet, as it appears to have some hiccups. *Smile

simrick, Apr 25, 2017
  6. Fred22 Win User
    I'm sorry for all the trouble, but I opened FF and it is now working...how bizarre. The last time I used it I would try to log on to the bank and get the "cookies disabled" message, but when I opened it today it worked perfectly. I'm having to re-enter all my passwords at various sites (like this one), but other tat that all is well. Also, the last time I used FF, I couldn't post on Facebook, but now I can post away. Again I apologize for all the trouble, but I'm pretty happy with this outcome.

Fred22, Apr 25, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    *Eek Great! No problem at all. Glad it's working for you. Well, just bookmark this page in case you need it in the future. *Wink

simrick, Apr 25, 2017
  8. Fred22 Win User

Will do...Thanks again!

Fred22, Apr 26, 2017
  9. simrick Win User
    Quite welcome. Please go ahead and mark the thread as Solved.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems adding files to Firefox folders - Similar Threads - Problems adding files

2. adding zip options to files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding zip options to files and folders: how can i add an option to compress files in to zip folder? i have option to compress to rar files only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-zip-options-to-files-and-folders/fad037cf-13af-4b3a-8a17-3b7552a60f26
  3. Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar: Hello, the image below is from a user on Windows 10. This user is looking to have this same folder cascading function on the taskbar on Windows 11.I have not found anything helpful on Windows 10/11. Any insight would help....
  4. Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a Files Folder to Taskbar: Hello, the image below is from a user on Windows 10. This user is looking to have this same folder cascading function on the taskbar on Windows 11.I have not found anything helpful on Windows 10/11. Any insight would help....
  5. Problems with firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with firefox: I have been using firefox (89.0.2, 90.0.2, 78.12 esr) for a while and I am not satisfy with the way it functions. 1) It use up 60% of cpu resource while surfing and closing (edge and IEuse only less than 10% of cpu resource). 2) Check up task manager, it has about 6 firefox...
  6. Firefox problem

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox problem: When I go to the sign in page in Firefox 80, and click on the sign in button, I then get an endless wheel going round. How do I get past this to sign into my account? Thank you for looking. 165782
  7. Problem with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Firefox: When I open any website it opens okay then after a few seconds it does this Attachment 247923 After a few more seconds it comes up normal has anyone any idea what is the cause and cure I am on firefox build69 The attachment was loaded as screenshot why has that changed 140788
  8. Firefox Profile files and folders explained

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Profile files and folders explained: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]One of our readers suggested us to come up with a follow-up article on how to find the Firefox Profile, describing some of the folders/files in the Firefox Profile folder on Windows PC. Particularly, the ones required for an easy reinstall [...] This post...
  9. Firefox Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox Problem: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  10. Put files in firefox folders in abc order

in Browsers and Email
    Put files in firefox folders in abc order: With the help of someone on this forum, I finally got all my folders in alphabetical order, now for the files. I know that you can click on "sort by name" and the files will be in alphabetical order, but is there a way to keep them in order? It seems to me that on my desktop...