Windows 10: Problems after changing motherboard and Bugcode_USB_driver

Discus and support Problems after changing motherboard and Bugcode_USB_driver in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys shortly after installing 10 my motherboard died (graphics failure). It was old, an Asus P7H55-E. I had an almost identical board, a P7H55-M... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paulgo0909, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Problems after changing motherboard and Bugcode_USB_driver

Hi guys

shortly after installing 10 my motherboard died (graphics failure). It was old, an Asus P7H55-E. I had an almost identical board, a P7H55-M that I was using in a spare PC so decided to swap that in, so I kept the same hardware and CPU from my original rig. It loaded up and runs ok, but with issues:

- if I add my two slave data drives (one is the same hard drive type as the master) I get a MBR1 error and it won't boot beyond this - although it did boot normally with out this message once, just to confuse things! I wonder if it can be getting confused between the two drives that are of identical spec?
    - there's a message as the BIOS loads saying TMP device cant be found - not sure if this is relevant or how to remove this. Cant see anything in the actual BIOS and didn't have the message on the previous board.
    - I also periodically get a BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error

Any thoughts? thanks in advance

:)

Paulgo0909, Dec 14, 2015

2. BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error, with Ovi Suite

I am attempting to sync a Nokia N8 to Outlook 2007, running on a Vista x64 PC.

When I install Nokia PC Sync (7.1.30.9, one of the last versions that doesn't specifically lock out the N8), I have no problems. I can sync everything in Outlook. The phone doesn't charge via USB, but at least the data syncs.

When I install the latest version of Ovi Suite (either the beta or the latest final version; the problem occurs with either), I get the blue screen of death and BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER Stop: 0X000000FE error. The error occurs relatively soon after I connect the
    phone.

Until I get the error, the phone is able to charge via USB.

I have no problem connecting the phone to Ovi Suite, via Bluetooth. No errors, there.

The interwebs are full of advice about how to deal with BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER errors. Much of it now out-of-date, as various hotfixes were released by Microsoft (in some cases) years ago.

This is directly traceable to the presence of Ovi Suite on my PC. If I uninstall it, the problem goes away.

As Nokia has crippled Nokia PC Sync, so that newer versions recognize but refuse to connect with the N8, I am looking for a solution that will allow me to connect my phone to my PC, using Ovi Sync.

Has anyone else encountered the BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error, only after they installed Ovi Suite? And, were you able to resolve the problem - how?

messinger---01, Dec 14, 2015
  3. After Changing to a new CPU and Motherboard, my Windows 10 is no longer activated

When I upgrade a preinstalled (OEM) or retail version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 license to Windows 10, does that license remain OEM or become a retail license?

If you upgrade from a OEM or retail version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 to the free Windows 10 upgrade this summer, the license is consumed into it. Because the free upgrade is derived from the base qualifying license, Windows 10 will carry that licensing
    too.

If you upgrade from a retail version, it carries the rights of a retail version.

If you upgrade from a OEM version, it carries the rights of a OEM version.

Full version (Retail):

- Includes transfer rights to another computer.

- Doesn't require a previous qualifying version of Windows.

- Expensive

Upgrade version (Retail):

- Includes transfer rights to another computer.

- require a previous qualifying version of Windows.

- Expensive, but cheaper than full version

OEM :

OEM versions of Windows are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

What happens if I change my motherboard?

As it pertains to the OEM license this will invalidate the Windows 10 upgrade license because it will no longer have a previous base qualifying license which is required for the free upgrade. You will then have to purchase a full retail Windows
    10 license. If the base qualifying license (Windows 7 or Windows 8.1) was a full retail version, then yes, you can transfer it.

From the Windows 10 end user license agreement:

b. Stand-alone software. If you acquired the software as stand-alone software (and also if you upgraded from software you acquired as stand-alone software), you may transfer the software to another device that belongs to you. You may also transfer
    the software to a device owned by someone else if (i) you are the first licensed user of the software and (ii) the new user agrees to the terms of this agreement. You may use the backup copy we allow you to make or the media that the software came on to transfer
    the software. Every time you transfer the software to a new device, you must remove the software from the prior device. You may not transfer the software to share licenses between devices.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 14, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Problems after changing motherboard and Bugcode_USB_driver

If you swapped motherboards and they aren't IDENTICAL, you may need to do a fresh OS installation.

eLPuSHeR, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

Problems after changing motherboard and Bugcode_USB_driver

1. Problems after changing motherboard and Bugcode_USB_driver - Similar Threads - Problems changing motherboard

2. Stopcode: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopcode: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER: Hey Yall,I have been getting this error a lot lately, which is probably due to my external SSD being my boot drive, and I'm hoping one of you is clever enough to help me. If there is any information that is needed to help please let me know....
  3. Stopcode: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopcode: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER: Hey Yall,I have been getting this error a lot lately, which is probably due to my external SSD being my boot drive, and I'm hoping one of you is clever enough to help me. If there is any information that is needed to help please let me know....
  4. Reactivation Problem after Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation Problem after Motherboard Change: I have upgraded my motherboard. So now I have to reactivate my windows 10. I have a digital license and I can see the device on my microsoft account. But when I am trying to reactivate using troubleshooter its not finding any device associated with my account. What could...
  5. Problem after changing motherboard

Problem after changing motherboard: Hello I recently had to change my motherboard, as it got fried, because of a blackout in my house, and after changing, I couldn't reactivate my windows, please help I got my windows 10 through the free update promotion, that was running a while back....
  6. After Motherboard change

After Motherboard change: Hi all, I just upgraded my motherboard and processor and now windows thinks I don't have my key anymore. I never got an email containing the key, where can I find it?...
  7. Bugcode_USB_Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugcode_USB_Driver: so i keep getting this random error message recently and i've no idea whats causing it or how to fix it. My specs are as follows incase its relevent - Processor = AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor Video Card = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 RAM = 16 GB Operating System=...
  8. windows reactivate problem after changing motherboard

windows reactivate problem after changing motherboard: hi guys..can someone help me ? i recently change my motherboard and my windows cant reactivate using trouble shooter from activation tab. is there any solution for this? my windows version is 1803 build 17134.48 . thanks before 111304
  9. BSOD after installing windows 10, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error

BSOD after installing windows 10, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error: Hello, i need some help, i just did a clean installation of Windows 10 on my laptop and is getting 5 times per day the BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error with the blue screen crash. Attach de bug dump file 19109
  10. Constant BSOD, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER Error

Constant BSOD, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER Error: I installed Windows 10 a few days ago. Since then, my computer regularly restarts and says it's because of a BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error. This seems to only be a problem when I have my wireless keyboard and mouse attached through a wireless USB device. I have a Microsoft sculpt...