Windows 10: Problems after cold boot today.

Discus and support Problems after cold boot today. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i've recently just had a couple unusual problems today after i started my computer from a shut down. The first thing that happened was a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BobLeSaget, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Problems after cold boot today.

Hello, i've recently just had a couple unusual problems today after i started my computer from a shut down. The first thing that happened was a black screen with no hdmi signal a few minutes after logging in. The computer seemed operational but with just no graphics output. The second thing was also after login where my pc just completely froze. Neither of these have happened before after shut down so i am wondering what is going on?

I added the DM log but i was unable to find anything in the event log that could've suggested what happened, and there were no blue screens so nothing there too.

I've had other similar issues with post-hibernate behavior but never really got a answer, or a response to it. I ended up just disabling hibernate thinking it would solve my problems but it appears it didn't.

:)

BobLeSaget, Oct 27, 2016
  2. Vicd Win User

Windows icon (lower left) no longer displays apps or start menu

The problem has disappeared. But let me add some information.

Yesterday, after I had noted the problem I rebooted twice in succession. These were cold boots. The problem persisted. Rebooting didn't help.

After I shut down yesterday, I removed all power from the system. Today, when I started the machine performed normally.

3. Icon is not working after installing November update

Basically after the cold boot all icon are working. None of the icons worked. Not even the start icon, this is why I had to cold boot. Two icons Trello and edge took up space on the bottom bar but
    were invisible unless I put the mouse over their space. Was an update sent out the other today? I'm a little worried I might have been hacked.

Jer4windows10, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

Problems after cold boot today.

1. Problems after cold boot today. - Similar Threads - Problems cold boot

2. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  3. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  4. BSOD - 10.0.19042 Update after cold boot

BSOD - 10.0.19042 Update after cold boot: Hi guys, I'm very new to understanding Windows language and ultimately what's causing this BSOD error. I've scoured these and other forums to find answers or a guide, but I'm still finding myself without much knowledge, which is on me. I've decided to reach out here to see...
  5. Black screen after booting from a cold boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after booting from a cold boot: Hey guys, so whenever I boot my pc especially from a cold state, the pc post, and boots and I get a black screen after loading the icon in the bios. Both my mouse and keyboard don't work and the cursor won't show up. Only RGB lightning works and when I press caps lock or num...
  6. BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login

BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login: Hello, I get BSODs when i boot my PC (usuallyafter bios somtimes within first seconds after login in to win10) and only if the computer was off for a while (~1hour). Restarts are no problem. Today i also got a black screen after boot up. I could use my mouse and there was a...
  7. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  8. BSOD on cold boot.

BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  9. Cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cold boot issues: Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive...
  10. Win 10 after a cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 after a cold boot: This happens when I power up the pc and it boots. The desktop appears, and when I click normally on an icon (a desktop shortcut) to open it, it doesn't open. Instead I get the menu that I would get if I had right-clicked on the icon. If I open it from there, there are...