Windows 10: Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

Discus and support Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] [img] After applying this update I found a number of problems. The most disturbing was that all restore points had been deleted and that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hairy Scot, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 [​IMG]

Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 [​IMG]

After applying this update I found a number of problems.
    The most disturbing was that all restore points had been deleted and that system protection had been turned off.
    I also found that Microsoft Games for Windows 8 v1.2 no longer worked, not even after a reinstall.
    I was extremely pissed off, but luckily I had taken a backup so I immediately restored my system.
    Unfortunately I didn't check what else might have been affected.

Anyone else experienced problems?

:)

Hairy Scot, Oct 2, 2016
  2. Fred_944 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update - "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

I am having the same problem when installing
    Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1607

First blue screen reads: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." http://windows.com/stopcode Stop Code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL"

Second Blue screen reads: Restoring your previous version of Windows

After restart, there is no mention of "Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1607" in the update history. The computer will show that it is up to date temporarily to later show that it needs to install Feature Update
    to Windows 10, version 1607 again.

My antivirus is Windows Defender.

All these blue screens and restorations can't be healthy for the hard drive. I hope there is a solution soon.

Fred_944, Oct 2, 2016
  3. WINDOWS UPDATE

HOW TO RESOLVE "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. "WHEN IT WAS 100% DOWNLOAD Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607.

Cendra Angkasa Paksi, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

The Features update to Windows 10, version 1607 is not like the cumulative updates. It doesn't patch the system, it is a full install of the revised OS. As such, you previous system has been archive in the windows.old folder should you wish to go back to the earlier build (this option is available for 10 days). This is exactly the same process as upgrading from Win7/8 to 10.

Your previous restore points were for the previous version of windows so do not apply to this new OS. In fact, they would probably break your system if there was any way to restore them!. They have been archived along with the old system and would be returned along with it if you had rolled back to the previous build. Some have reported that system protection was turned off after the upgrade to 1607, but this is easily turned back on again.

The Microsoft Games for Windows 8 were removed because (as with an upgrade from 8 to 10) they are deprecated features of Windows 8. Setup deletes all such deprecated features that it finds as part of the install of the new OS. You can't reinstall them because the hacks used by the 3rd-party sources to repackage these games and fool Windows 10 into installing them don't work in 1607. Apparently updated 'hacks' have been made, you'll need to download a new version. Be careful where you download them from, you may get more than you bargained for (malware may be an unwanted 'extra').

Bree, Oct 2, 2016
  5. Thank you Bree for an informative and helpful post.

Hairy Scot, Oct 6, 2016
  6. I don't know about Win8 games, but Win7 games are available from Winaero at
    Downloads / Tools by other people / Windows 7 games for Windows 10

From all I've seen, Winareo is a safe and reliable source for Windows tweaks. I've had no problems with it's Win7 games hack, but don't rely on anecdotal reports like mine. Research the source. (You'll see that Winareo has a pretty good reputation.)

pokeefe0001, Oct 6, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    Yes, I've heard that said before. I side-stepped the issue by copying the older XP games (Solitaire, Freecell, Hearts, Minesweeper and Spider Solitaire) from my old XP machine. No install required, you just put cards.dll, the .exe and .chm files in a folder and run them from there.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

1. Problems after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Similar Threads - Problems Feature update

2. • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. Problems: My computer keeps telling me I have an update which requires a restart. It is listed as • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607. (Is this what they are calling the "anniversary update"?) I don't know which build/version I currently have. The problem is, I have tried to...
  3. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 problems

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 problems: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496) Three days ago my desktop tried to update 1607 3 times. Each time on reboot it says failed to update and reverts. Each day it tries again at shutdown. Yesterday my second(son's) computer...
  4. 1607 Feature Update failed

1607 Feature Update failed: After getting my new laptop a couple months ago, I decided not to do do Windows Updates for fear of encountering the problems of the Anniversary Update that were reported. Now I heard that a fix was finally included and decided to go ahead and allow my computer to update. It...
  5. Feature update to Windows 10 Education, version 1607, Error 0x8000ffff

Feature update to Windows 10 Education, version 1607, Error 0x8000ffff: Feature update just became available today for us. Out of 4 laptops its failed on 4. W10 1507 education has been running for a few weeks. Updates to 1507 were working fine. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8000FFFF: Feature...
  6. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0xc1900204

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0xc1900204: The issue in short is in the title. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0xc1900204 The update does not seems to install. Any fix to this issue? *Sad 58637
  7. Windows 10 update to version 1607

Windows 10 update to version 1607: I did not know the "Anniversary Update" would install, like, Windows 11. (may well have been) I first had issues with the update error 'Can't yada, yada due to USB device. I found a reg fix for that. Loaded the update and it took like forever. OK, finally finished and last...
  8. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607: Failed to install, I have tried several times , but each time msg appears failed to update, and system undoes changes . First time for me this ( several occasions over the years have led to me needing to reinstall updates, but this one is pretty unforgiving ) I need...
  9. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - WHY 3+ GIGS?

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - WHY 3+ GIGS?: Hey, ??? I'm just getting a Windows update now (ca. 10:13 AM Brisbane Australia) - my laptop screen suddenly went black and when things reappeared, previously-open windows were misaligned and differently sized. The Windows Settings box which had been showing downloads...
  10. Auto update Windows 10, version 1607; Major Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto update Windows 10, version 1607; Major Problems: Hello everyone I just woke up to a Windows 10, version 1607 update and a lot of my stuff has been changed. For instance I had the arrows removed from the shortcuts on my desktop icons, but now they are back. I had used this method: Shortcut Arrow Icon - Change, Remove,...