Windows 10: problems after install

Discus and support problems after install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed today as upgrade from 8.1 on Lenovo Yoga2. Had to restart again after installation complete, mouse was not working. Then the laptop would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by weamish, Aug 3, 2015.

1. weamish Win User

problems after install

Installed today as upgrade from 8.1 on Lenovo Yoga2. Had to restart again after installation complete, mouse was not working. Then the laptop would not wake up from sleep - had to do a cold boot (crashing all open programs). Then it disabled the wifi adapter - had to run troubleshooting as admin in order to connect.

Not happy so far, will need to consider whether to revert back to 8.1

:)

weamish, Aug 3, 2015

2. Windows 10 Installation Problems

After up grading to Win 10, my screen started to blink and the lap top was frozen in this blinking mode. After restarting computer many times, it is stuck in the Win 10 load process with the circle of dots spinning around and around while the load process
    goes no where. I have tested all hardware and it is OK. I tried the Win 10 fix and it still is in the same mode where the dots spin around and around, but operating system does not load and start up

I have a 64 bit HP Lap Top that was running Win 8.1 without any problems before trying to load Win 10.

Win10 Install Problems, Aug 3, 2015
  3. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Aug 3, 2015
  4. weamish Win User

problems after install

Hate to revert back to 8.1 but it looks like I'll have to. The whole system is sluggish, feels like I'm working with a 10-year-old laptop on a dialup connection. Programs take forever to load, there are delays everywhere. And it's regularly disabling the wifi adapter. It's also changed what happens when I press down the mouse scroll wheel - used to open link in new tab, now it opens task view. Win 10 should make things easier, or at least stay out of the way. Instead, it's making everything harder and more time consuming. Sure hope the reversion is smooth and doesn't cause other problems.

weamish, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Carol5xy Win User
    Greetings;

I am not a computer expert-but I do have a Lenovo. Lenovo has the updates for each model in their support area for that model. I know I was peeking at what they have for my Lenovo B50-30 desktop if it needs it after the download.
    So, maybe you can try the site.

Carol

Carol5xy, Aug 4, 2015
  6. weamish Win User
    So far, the best solution I've found is to disable DPTF. Not sure why this works or whether there are downsides, but response times and other issues are dramatically improved.

weamish, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

problems after install

1. problems after install - Similar Threads - problems install

2. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem when I open newly installed Chrome: I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as it was not updating. Now everytime I open Chrome it goes to the screen to ask whether I want this app to make changes to my device. It never did this before. How do I change this. I cannot find a setting on my laptop which assists...
  3. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem when I open newly installed Chrome: I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as it was not updating. Now everytime I open Chrome it goes to the screen to ask whether I want this app to make changes to my device. It never did this before. How do I change this. I cannot find a setting on my laptop which assists...
  4. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  6. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  7. i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...: i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the computer turns off. the screen is having a blue screen problem....
  8. i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...

i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...: i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the computer turns off. the screen is having a blue screen problem....
  9. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  10. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...