Windows 10: Problems after updates

Discus and support Problems after updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have problem with my Icons and text being very small after updates (KB4022730) (KB4020821) (KB4022405) The Favourites bar ,explorer tabs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by samIOW, Jul 1, 2017.

1. samIOW Win User

Problems after updates

Hello,

I have problem with my Icons and text being very small after updates (KB4022730) (KB4020821) (KB4022405) The Favourites bar ,explorer tabs, programs and the text is very tiny, also for some reason I have Microsoft edge in a additional tab as well. I have gone to setting, system, Display to see if I could alter the size of the Icon's and text But there was nothing. All I could alter was the zoom, which has no effect on the font or Icons?

Please can anybody help.

:)

samIOW, Jul 1, 2017

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Jul 1, 2017
  3. Problems after updates

Problems after updates [​IMG]

carman58---01, Jul 1, 2017
  4. Hydrate Win User

Problems after updates

Hydrate, Jul 1, 2017
  5. samIOW Win User
    Hello Hydrate,

yes it is and thanks for the link, I have sorted it now using the Adobe advance system font changer, all ok now.

Everything is fine, what is funny though I don't have the option of altering the fonts sizes now, I do with the adobe advance system font changer though.

Thanks

Any ideas how to get rid of the Microsoft edge tab now .

samIOW, Jul 1, 2017
  6. samIOW Win User
    No already had that still the same.

samIOW, Jul 1, 2017
  7. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

You need to check that box then close and re-open IE Explorer.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jul 1, 2017
  8. samIOW Win User

Problems after updates

Not sure that I understand what you mean?

I have already got everything you show selected before the update and hence my plea,

Can you tell me what you would have me select that I don't already have.

Cheers

samIOW, Jul 1, 2017
  9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Sure, you need to check the box that says "Hide the button...". Click Apply, Close. Then you need to close and relaunch IE.
    The tab to launch Edge will be gone.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jul 1, 2017
  10. samIOW Win User
    Thanks for that, please excuse my stupidity.

Everything fine now.

Cheers

samIOW, Jul 1, 2017
  11. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

No problem at all.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problems after updates

1. Problems after updates - Similar Threads - Problems updates

2. problem with update and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  3. problem with update and restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  4. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.: I have a Questrade account, the latest automatic windows update has messed up the access to the account. Is anyone else having issues? I also use Sentinel Hub which is also messed up. Both work just fine on a computer that was not updated....
  5. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.: I have a Questrade account, the latest automatic windows update has messed up the access to the account. Is anyone else having issues? I also use Sentinel Hub which is also messed up. Both work just fine on a computer that was not updated....
  6. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problem with Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Windows Updates: So there’s a problem with my windows updates which is I cannot fix it almost 2 hours now. Can someone help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-windows-updates/913c6711-edb5-40c8-81c9-7f59dff3103a
  8. Problem with Windows Updates

Problem with Windows Updates: So there’s a problem with my windows updates which is I cannot fix it almost 2 hours now. Can someone help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-windows-updates/913c6711-edb5-40c8-81c9-7f59dff3103a
  9. Having a problem on windows update setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having a problem on windows update setup: Hi can someone help having a problem on this set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-on-windows-update-setup/6d027f61-cb7d-4c75-ad74-537d822affcd
  10. Having a problem on windows update setup

Having a problem on windows update setup: Hi can someone help having a problem on this set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-on-windows-update-setup/6d027f61-cb7d-4c75-ad74-537d822affcd