Windows 10: Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello again, On creating a USB rescue media the following error message popped up: The USB disk contains the maximum number of partitions allowed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by oeivinr, Nov 2, 2017.

1. oeivinr Win User

Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Hello again,

On creating a USB rescue media the following error message popped up:
    The USB disk contains the maximum number of partitions allowed. Please try a different USB disk or remove partitions.

The USB stick I wanted for the rescue media is a 16 GB Lexar and according to Disk Manager it is OK (Active, Primary partition) That is only one partition as far as I understand. How is that too many?

Please, any ideas what could be wrong here?

:)

oeivinr, Nov 2, 2017
  2. johnptd Win User

Blue Screen Error 'PC/device needs to be repaired file:/BCD error code:0xc000000d'

Brittany,

I just fixed an error like that on a Dell Inspiron yesterday. The best and easiest tool for fixing this is to use Macrium Reflect's Rescue Media. It has a "Fix Windows Boot Problems" option. This is what you have to do:

1. Download the "free" version of Macrium Reflect from here:

Download Macrium Reflect Free

2. Install it on a working computer and create the Rescue Media (Create Rescue Media). Make sure you set it to use
    Windows PE version 10. If it has not picked that, click the "Change PE Version" and select PE version 10. You can create the Rescue Media on either a CD or a USB Flash drive although a USB Flash drive would be better and you
    only need a minimum of a 1GB drive.

3. Once the Rescue Media is created, you need to start your problem laptop with the Rescue Media connected to it and change where you are booting from. As soon as you press the power button on the laptop, continually press the "F12" key.
    This will allow you to access the Boot Options screen to modify from where your laptop will boot. It should eventually give you a list of devices to boot from. Select the USB Flash drive which contains the Rescue Media. Use the keyboard arrow keys to get to
    the correct line and then {Enter} to select it. Once selected, it should then boot into Macrium Reflect running off the USB drive.

4. Follow the instructions on this page (How to fix Windows Boot problems) to perform the repair.

Good luck,

JohnD

johnptd, Nov 2, 2017
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 2, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

Take note of the disk # for the lexar from disk management. Open Admin command prompt and type:
    diskpart
    select disk # where disk # shown from disk management
    clean
    exit

Try again. Make sure you have no other USB device connected.

topgundcp, Nov 2, 2017
  5. oeivinr Win User
    Thanx for your suggestion. It worked as far as creating a USB rescue media. File manager shows folders and files with names like like Boot, Drivers, EFI etc which is suggestive of the USB being bootable, but unfortunately it would not boot. I entered the bios and changed the boot sequence, putting USB hard drive first, saved changes and exited. Restarted and cold started to no awail. PLease, can you help me with some ideas of how to rectify this problem. Thanx.

oeivinr, Nov 2, 2017
  6. Superfly Win User
    There are way better tools like GParted (active there = bootable) to check that stuff.. there may be hidden partitions from Disk Manager - if it's been formatted prior then obviously there is another issue

Superfly, Nov 2, 2017
  7. topgundcp Win User
    When you create the Rescue disk. From this screen below, did you uncheck the option hilited ? if not then at boot, you must tap a key (any key) when prompted otherwise, it will bypass and continue booting Windows.

Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 3, 2017
  8. oeivinr Win User

hi,
    had to press F11 on startup to enter boot menu. No need to enter bios . Very convenient.
    I saw it at the bottom of the screen at POST

oeivinr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Problems creating rescue

2. Macrium Reflect V7.2.4952 Can't creat rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect V7.2.4952 Can't creat rescue media: Win ver 18363.836. For months now I have been trying to create rescue media on CD with macrium reflect. Macrium stopped helping me after 3 email exchanges. They just stopped answering, ignoring one important question. Macrium window indicates it will download a 205K file from...
  3. Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect

Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect: I just ran Macrium Reflect to build rescue media on a Windows 10 laptop. In Other Tasks -> Create Rescue Media, I selected Windows Boot Menu, checked Add boot menu, and clicked Build. After the operation ended successfully, I looked to see if Macrium had created a new...
  4. Rescue Media problem in Macrium Reflect 7.2.4325

Rescue Media problem in Macrium Reflect 7.2.4325: I have had to adopt MR v 7.2 because 7.1 was erroring Macrium 7.1 erroring. However I'm unable to create rescue media iso for 7.2 because the process always declares one of my network adapters as out of date when it absolutely is not. This is when using the default base WIM,...
  5. Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect: hi, Does Macrium clean USB flash drive before creating rescue media? 114295
  6. Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Macrium Reflect /rescue media: Hi, Do I have to create a new rescue media (USB) for every Windows 10 machines I have, or is the first I created valid for all the others? 112784
  7. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  8. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi, I recently created a rescue media as I wanted to backup Windows 10 Fall creators update. After creating the rescue media to pen drive i backed up the partion of windows drive. What I noticed later that all my internal drives are now are removable or ejectable....
  9. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home. i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ). i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it...
  10. Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I could create rescue media and disk images. My computer will not boot from the rescue media that I created. The creation seemed to go fine, all the appropriate files seem to be there. The rescue USB shows up in my bios boot list third...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect fix windows 10 boot problems