Windows 10: Problems Drag & drop on outlook after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Problems Drag & drop on outlook after Windows 10 update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi There, After Windows 10 aniversary update we are having problems on some computers where users are not able to drag 'n drop items (emails) to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by leonidasklein, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Problems Drag & drop on outlook after Windows 10 update

Hi There,
    After Windows 10 aniversary update we are having problems on some computers where users are not able to drag 'n drop items (emails) to folders. If you click and move your mouse slowly sometimes it works, otherwise it doesn't. Looking at firts it seems a mouse problems, but it started after the update and on 5 computers.

I read on this forum about problems opening .RDP files that this update generated and the purposed solution worked fine for the .RDP problem.

Does anyone is having problems on outlook after this update?

Tks in advance.

:)

leonidasklein, Sep 5, 2016
  2. AnilMisra Win User

Drag & Drop function in Windows 10 after the update

Drag & Drop function does not work after recent Windows 10 update - neithewr in File Explorer nor in Outlook. Can I find a solution to this problem. Thanks

AnilMisra, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Surface Book Touchpad - Drag & Drop not working in Outlook 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm a proud owner of the Surface Book with Redstone anniversary update. Works great, except for using the Toucpad for Drag & Drop:

clicking, holding the finger down and moving it before lifting it again works like expected to perform a Drag & Drop in most APps - just not in Outlook 2016 where I Need it most to move my email to Folders on the left.

Drag & Drop via the Touchpad

- works in OneNote 2016 + Word 2016 to move text

- works in Outlook 2010 to move emails

- does NOT work in Outlook 2016

If I use the Surface Pen instead, dragging with the Pen works in Outlook 2016. Also Ctrl+Shift+V works to move the mails via Keyboard. So it seems like only the
    dragging via the Touchpad in Outlook 2016 does not work, while it works in Outlook via the Pen and in every other App with the Touchpad...

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks, Rainer

Rainer Zufall_TK, Sep 5, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

Problems Drag & drop on outlook after Windows 10 update

you could try and run sfc /scannow for one of the computers to see if it has any affects on it.
    you could try to kill the explorer.exe process tree and relaunch it to see if it makes any difference, easier to cut out some things from the diagnosing process.

batlhilz, Sep 6, 2016
  5. After many tests I resolved to rollback this update on all affected computers. This update is NOT ready.

Tks!

leonidasklein, Sep 7, 2016
  6. Hi,
    i've run into the same problem again! In china i released this update 1607 on accident and it updated 100 computers. No way i can rollback all of them. Some (not all) are having this same issue. The interesting this I've found is that if I remote connect (log me in for example) to these computers I can drag and drop!

leonidasklein, Oct 25, 2016
Thema:

Problems Drag & drop on outlook after Windows 10 update

1. Problems Drag & drop on outlook after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Problems Drag drop

2. drag and drop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drag and drop problem: I haven't found anything online that answers this issue. When I click on a single file or group of files, hold the left mouse button and the Control key, as I drag the files it says "copying files to". But, when I release the mouse button it says "moving files to" and begins...
  3. drag and drop problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drag and drop problem: I haven't found anything online that answers this issue. When I click on a single file or group of files, hold the left mouse button and the Control key, as I drag the files it says "copying files to". But, when I release the mouse button it says "moving files to" and begins...
  4. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  5. drag and drop - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    drag and drop - windows 10: windows 10 pro version 2004 build 19041.630 I've been using program launcher powerpro for 15 or more years with no problems under windows XP and windows 7. PowerPro Now, under windows 10, I'm having a problem with dragging and dropping files from the file manager onto...
  6. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  7. Windows 10 and Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Drag and Drop: Hello, When does drag & drop in Windows 10 (between two folders) copy the file and when does move it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-drag-and-drop/f0cde1ac-7711-4495-9779-0002e2bd150b"
  8. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  9. Windows 10 drag and drop problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 drag and drop problems: Hey TenForums! Been struggling with Windows 10 since I installed it yesterday. Coming from Windows 7. The problem I currently struggling the most with is ManyCam. For you who don't know what it is, it's a splitter or "fake webcam" where you can use...
  10. After Win 10 anniversay update, can not drag and drop.

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win 10 anniversay update, can not drag and drop.: After Win 10 anniversay update, I cannot drag and drop. I have to cut & paste. any help with this? Thanks*Smile 59852

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update drag and drip

2. change drag and drop setting for email in outlook