Windows 10: problems: folders/files/OneDrive grabbing stuff again. Restart failed

Discus and support problems: folders/files/OneDrive grabbing stuff again. Restart failed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Me again, I'm afraid. You resolved my how-to-save problems in this thread: https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...iles-win7.html I've started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Taffy078, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Taffy078 Win User

problems: folders/files/OneDrive grabbing stuff again. Restart failed

Me again, I'm afraid. You resolved my how-to-save problems in this thread:

https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...iles-win7.html

I've started this new thread because of so many strange things happening since I powered-up at 5 am GMT today. I accept that some/all may just be that I've moved up from Win7, that many of the issues may just be changes introduced in Win8, that what I'm seeing now is how Win10 works but here we go, in no particular order:

(1) When I viewed the contents of a folder in Win7 and e.g. renamed a file or sub-folder, I'm sure the change appeared immediately. It doesn't now - I've to look at another folder and return; then the renamed folder is there.
    (2) When I save a snip say to Desktop (temporarily), in Win7 I'd enter "snip" in the name box and it would bring up all the others snips saved. Useful if I'm saving a sequence of multiple snips. It doesn't now and I have to move down and find the snips already saved.
    (3) I went to my Club Secretary folder. There's a number of folders there eg Committee / Subs / Legal and one is 'Other'. In Other is a folder that I wanted to move up to the main Secretary list. I first renamed it then dragged it into Secretary. I saw no change - as per (1). When I came back and looked again, it wasn't there. This happened again. I opened it and moved the five files there into the new folder 'Private Functions' that I'd created. I then went back, found that Functions was still there but when I tried to delete it, it wouldn't let me, saying that a document was still is use. But it wasn't - I'd checked. I then decided to Restart and was able to delete it then. But although This PC > Desktop showed the new file to be on the desktop, it wasn't.
    (4) Restart didn't work - it was showing for nine minutes before I switched off then on. Will Event Viewer tell me what caused this or is it a known fault even in new PCs?
    (5) Showing at the top of the Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System was this "3180!". I saved the contents of each relevant section of the Logs into a new folder in This PC>Documents. They saved and are there but why did I get a message that each one had been saved to OneDrive? Every one of my files and folders are now showing again in OneDrive>Documents although I'd deleted them. A few days ago I'd changed my OneDrive settings per Brink's tutorial, as this snip shows

problems: folders/files/OneDrive grabbing stuff again. Restart failed [​IMG]

so why is OneDrive still poking its nose in?
    (6) The contents of OneDrive on my PC shows I have a new file - an empty one:

but I can't delete it:

I don't think it's a nasty but how can I remove it?

(7) and the final strange happening earlier is that before restarting, I went to close the five IE11 screens that I had open. Clicking on the X in the bottom task bar didn't work so I tried to open one and then close them from the tabs there. They wouldn't display - they shot up for a second and then disappeared.

Feel free to help in part or in whole - this kind of thing unsettle me, having have this new PC freeze with the BSOD twice.

Thanks for your patience.

:)

Taffy078, Feb 7, 2016
  2. VictorJ27 Win User

OFFICE 365: Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive. Errorproblems: folders/files/OneDrive grabbing stuff again. Restart failed :(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

failed back up is not backed up.

try to remove the files in the onedrive folder and try to back up again then move the files to the onedrive folder.

VictorJ27, Feb 7, 2016
  3. OneDrive is not loading files (stuck on "Loading..." screen)

Hi Mike,

Can you access your OneDrive account via the web portal or from another PC? I wonder if there is file type that is OneDrive choking on. Right now, I can only think of two options.

With OneDrive on a PC, move the OneDrive files to another folder, a folder not synched to OneDrive. Verify that the files are gone with the web portal, then see if the phone's OneDrive starts working. If this works, start moving files back in until it
    fails again. If it does fail on a file or folder, then you have found a bug in OneDrive and it should be reported.

If that doesn't work, Plan B is the hard reset. You may want to try that first if it's less work to reset the phone than it would be to move GBs of files around.

Christopher Miller, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

problems: folders/files/OneDrive grabbing stuff again. Restart failed

1. problems: folders/files/OneDrive grabbing stuff again. Restart failed - Similar Threads - problems folders files

2. Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive: Robocopy is failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive. I am getting this error New File 31338 C:\Clancy\A_Prime8\AA_FY23\Microsoft\Program - TerryClancy\Guides\MigratingCustomersFromXXXXToYYYY.docx 2023/05/10 10:59:51 ERROR 1 0x00000001 Copying File...
  3. Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive: Robocopy is failing on files in folder synced to OneDrive. I am getting this error New File 31338 C:\Clancy\A_Prime8\AA_FY23\Microsoft\Program - TerryClancy\Guides\MigratingCustomersFromXXXXToYYYY.docx 2023/05/10 10:59:51 ERROR 1 0x00000001 Copying File...
  4. Onedrive is deleting files again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive is deleting files again: I had a similar problem about a year ago. I was alerted by onedrive that files were being deleted from my art program clipstudio if you were wondering. But this has since been resolved. I have downloaded a game off of steam sims 4. I can recall that the day I set it up I...
  5. Onedrive is deleting files again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive is deleting files again: I had a similar problem about a year ago. I was alerted by onedrive that files were being deleted from my art program clipstudio if you were wondering. But this has since been resolved. I have downloaded a game off of steam sims 4. I can recall that the day I set it up I...
  6. Onedrive File Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive File Folder: There us a file folder named OneDrive under C:\users\my name. I've no idea where if came from unless it was very early in my use of W10 when I explored OneDrive. I can't remove it because I keep getting messages about administrative privileges. Can someone tell me what the...
  7. OneDrive folder problem

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder problem: I use Windows 10 20H2 and want to get rid of OneDrive, I uninstalled the app but I still have a onedrive folder where all my desktop and other files are located. I want to remove the OneDrive folder and get my computer back to where it was before I tried OneDrive. I tried the...
  8. Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder again: So, I had win 8.1 and recently updated to win 10. I earlier only downloaded files in :C because I didn't create another drive out of it. So I did it in win 10 partitioning the drives during booting up your system After that, I tried taking all my files in downloads folder...
  9. OneDrive subfolder within My Documents folder with same files again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive subfolder within My Documents folder with same files again.: File Explorer tree shows blue OneDrive folder w/ std folders; Downloads, My Documents, Pictures, etc. However, within My Document folder there is ANOTHER OneDrive folder w/ what appears many of the same files. Comparing the hundreds of folders would take forever. What's...
  10. Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive: Windows Backup seems to be working but it simply skips all files that are in a folder that synchronizes with OneDrive. All other files are backed up normally. I have reproduced this problem in three different laptops (all Windows 10 and latest Windows version). This problem...