Windows 10: Problems immediately following Windows 10 clean install

Discus and support Problems immediately following Windows 10 clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; But the Iso could be bad ?? Try the link I posted, Microsoft is piling all the versions in 1 Iso, maybe something`s up with that. Ya that hasn`t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Schmubbs, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Problems immediately following Windows 10 clean install

Home and Pro are one ISO on MSDN and via the MCT. It's been like that since the Consumer release of Windows 10. Home SL and Education are separate ISO's.

alphanumeric, Mar 10, 2017

2. What I do is select Custom install, which gives you access to the disk tools. Then I just delete all the partitions and install into the unallocated space. Windows 10 will create all the partitions it needs automatically.

3. AddRAM Win User
    I have the original RTM 10240 and build/version 10586, never had an issue with either, never had to use the latest iso yet, which is 4.42 GB.

The one I downloaded from here the other day is only 4.07 GB and should have Home and Pro 64 Bit on it.

Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update ISO 1607 Download • Windows ISO

Another member used it and reported no problems with the install.

AddRAM, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Problems immediately following Windows 10 clean install

For the most part I just use my MSDN ISO's. I have access so why not. Plus I'm currently running the Education version.

5. Don't take this the wrong way, but when possible, I'm a firm believer in getting the ISO right from the horses mouth. In this case Microsoft via the MCT. You never know what has ben done to an ISO on a third party site? I'm not saying your link is good bad or ugly, just that I personally wouldn't use it or recommend it to anybody else. just to cover my @ss if you know what I mean.

6. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Mar 10, 2017
  7. I'm leaning towards it being a hardware issue. It could be a corrupt ISO, downloading it again, even from the same source could solve that though. It could be his internet connection that mangled it. Come to think of it, it might even be prudent to download it on another PC. And create the install media on that PC. Versus doing it all on the problem PC.

8. AddRAM Win User

Problems immediately following Windows 10 clean install

I just downloaded it from MS, took less then 5 minutes 4.42 GB

So compare that with what you get.

Agreed Alpha, it could be anything, all your parts have to be perfect.

Keep us updated Schmubbs *Smile

AddRAM, Mar 10, 2017
  9. One downside to the MCT is there is no MD5 to compare to your download. It changes day by day because some files are dated to the day you download it on.
    I have one for my MSDN ISO's but that's not an accessible download site for most people.

10. AddRAM Win User
    Ya that`s why I`m glad I have those 2 earlier Iso`s

AddRAM, Mar 10, 2017
  11. There will be all new ones in a couple of months. Once the Creators Update launches. *Party

12. AddRAM Win User
    The Creator *DohWouldn`t that take us back to Windows 7 *Biggrin

AddRAM, Mar 10, 2017
  13. Schmubbs Win User

Just as an additional note, I have been downloading the ISO and creating the install USB on a computer other than the one having the problems.

I'm leaning toward it being a hardware issue as well (though probably not a hard drive issue). Though, if it isn't the hard drive, I would think the most likely culprit is the RAM, and I'm not sure if running the memory diagnostic tool on the problem PC might not pick up on the problem.

Schmubbs, Mar 10, 2017
  14. AddRAM Win User
    Did you ever run W7 off this motherboard ?

Did you try running any live Linux versions ?

AddRAM, Mar 10, 2017
  15. Schmubbs Win User
    Nope, I've only ever had Windows 10 on it. The original install worked great for a little over a month. Only started having these issues ~a week ago.

Schmubbs, Mar 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Problems immediately following Windows 10 clean install - Similar Threads - Problems immediately following

2. Problems with clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with clean install of windows 10: I have recently erased all of the data off of my drives erased, not deleted and reinstalled windows 10. When it first installs it appears to be fine, except that all of my apps are installed as their 32-bit versions. When I check my OS version, it says 64-bit. Also when I try...
  3. Problems with clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with clean install of windows 10: I have recently erased all of the data off of my drives erased, not deleted and reinstalled windows 10. When it first installs it appears to be fine, except that all of my apps are installed as their 32-bit versions. When I check my OS version, it says 64-bit. Also when I try...
  4. windows 10 clean install problem

windows 10 clean install problem: Hi, I tried doing a windows clean install on a hp envyt x360 but, i had the intel rapid storage drive problem you have to download the driver and extract it on your windows installation key then load the driver... I managed to install windows but whenever i try to boot up...
  5. windows 10 clean install problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 clean install problem: Hi, I tried doing a windows clean install on a hp envyt x360 but, i had the intel rapid storage drive problem you have to download the driver and extract it on your windows installation key then load the driver... I managed to install windows but whenever i try to boot up...
  6. Restoring Files following a Clean Installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Files following a Clean Installation of Windows: I recently did a clean installation of Windows 10, made a backup of Files and Documents first, After I'd installed Windows 10 I tried to restore the backed up files, Windows had created the Folder C:\Users\Admin\Documents whereas the ols location was C:\users\Bill\Documents...
  7. Restoring Files following a Clean Installation of Windows

Restoring Files following a Clean Installation of Windows: I recently did a clean installation of Windows 10, made a backup of Files and Documents first, After I'd installed Windows 10 I tried to restore the backed up files, Windows had created the Folder C:\Users\Admin\Documents whereas the ols location was C:\users\Bill\Documents...
  8. Restoring Files following a Clean Installation of Windows

9. Windows 10 crashing following clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing following clean install: Hi, I am on: 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001649 I recently upgraded some hardware components and installed a completely clean Windows 10 on a new SSD - nothing remains of my old files except for the picture storage I...
  10. Windows 10 Clean Install Problem

Windows 10 Clean Install Problem: Ok I secure erased my SSD with Parted magic as I have done numerous times before. I am using a newly downloaded ISO on a USB stick by using RUFUS. I can get to the point to where I want to repair my computer to use a dos prompt to clean, create and format the partition. I try...