Windows 10: Problems immediately following Windows 10 clean install

Discus and support Problems immediately following Windows 10 clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yep, getting stuck once again with a BSoD in the installation (same one, "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"). I think I'm just having a hardware problem. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Schmubbs, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Schmubbs Win User

Problems immediately following Windows 10 clean install

Yep, getting stuck once again with a BSoD in the installation (same one, "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"). I think I'm just having a hardware problem.

Schmubbs, Mar 10, 2017

2. I agree, I have no idea what it is though? CPU, motherboard?

alphanumeric, Mar 11, 2017
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Windows Memory diagnostic tool is no good. use: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool instead, you will need to let it run at least 6-8 pass.

However, If you have another RAM stick, swap the RAM then re-install. If succeeded then you might have a bad stick. If still failed, try the other Memory slot on the MB.

topgundcp, Mar 11, 2017
  4. Schmubbs Win User

I'll have to see if I can get Windows to at least install tomorrow. The state I had it working in today was sufficient to do some testing, so hopefully I can get it back there. I'll test the RAM again using the tool you recommended, @topgundcp. I don't have any additional RAM lying around, unfortunately. Both sticks of RAM I have might be having the same problem. I've tried multiple RAM slots with both at this point, and I've had no luck with either.

Schmubbs, Mar 11, 2017
  5. Im wondering about some obscure compatibility issue. Its rather rare, but there are certain combinations of mobo and RAM that can do some weird things because they have compatibility issues with each other.

ArazelEternal, Mar 11, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    If there is anything wrong with the ram, Corsair will replace it no questions asked.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems immediately following Windows 10 clean install - Similar Threads - Problems immediately following

2. Problems with clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with clean install of windows 10: I have recently erased all of the data off of my drives erased, not deleted and reinstalled windows 10. When it first installs it appears to be fine, except that all of my apps are installed as their 32-bit versions. When I check my OS version, it says 64-bit. Also when I try...
  3. Problems with clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with clean install of windows 10: I have recently erased all of the data off of my drives erased, not deleted and reinstalled windows 10. When it first installs it appears to be fine, except that all of my apps are installed as their 32-bit versions. When I check my OS version, it says 64-bit. Also when I try...
  4. windows 10 clean install problem

windows 10 clean install problem: Hi, I tried doing a windows clean install on a hp envyt x360 but, i had the intel rapid storage drive problem you have to download the driver and extract it on your windows installation key then load the driver... I managed to install windows but whenever i try to boot up...
  5. windows 10 clean install problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 clean install problem: Hi, I tried doing a windows clean install on a hp envyt x360 but, i had the intel rapid storage drive problem you have to download the driver and extract it on your windows installation key then load the driver... I managed to install windows but whenever i try to boot up...
  6. Restoring Files following a Clean Installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Files following a Clean Installation of Windows: I recently did a clean installation of Windows 10, made a backup of Files and Documents first, After I'd installed Windows 10 I tried to restore the backed up files, Windows had created the Folder C:\Users\Admin\Documents whereas the ols location was C:\users\Bill\Documents...
  7. Restoring Files following a Clean Installation of Windows

Restoring Files following a Clean Installation of Windows: I recently did a clean installation of Windows 10, made a backup of Files and Documents first, After I'd installed Windows 10 I tried to restore the backed up files, Windows had created the Folder C:\Users\Admin\Documents whereas the ols location was C:\users\Bill\Documents...
  8. Restoring Files following a Clean Installation of Windows

9. Windows 10 crashing following clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing following clean install: Hi, I am on: 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001649 I recently upgraded some hardware components and installed a completely clean Windows 10 on a new SSD - nothing remains of my old files except for the picture storage I...
  10. Windows 10 Clean Install Problem

Windows 10 Clean Install Problem: Ok I secure erased my SSD with Parted magic as I have done numerous times before. I am using a newly downloaded ISO on a USB stick by using RUFUS. I can get to the point to where I want to repair my computer to use a dos prompt to clean, create and format the partition. I try...