Windows 10: Problems in network scanning

Discus and support Problems in network scanning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning Using W10 build 16299.251, it's been a long time that I live with an "anomaly", ie the network scan sometimes works regularly, sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DMD, Mar 9, 2018.

1. DMD
    DMD Win User

Problems in network scanning

Good morning
    Using W10 build 16299.251, it's been a long time that I live with an "anomaly", ie the network scan sometimes works regularly, sometimes it does not detect anything, not even the PC itself.

Problems in network scanning [​IMG]

I was forced to use a free external program such as Advanced IP Scanner, which works like a train and always detects all the devices connected to the network.

I ask if it is possible to solve this annoying anomaly.

Thank you

:)

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Mar 9, 2018
  3. N95 Wireless Forever Scanning Network

m8,

putting your fon to never in setting; show availability only refer to others(SSID will not display) for adhoc connection! its sinanimous to bluetooth when enabled but hidden.

your connection manager might be running & in wlan scan, reason its always scanning; check if it is running in the background; close it.
    Message Edited by android on 27-Oct-200712:11 PM

android---01, Mar 9, 2018
  4. sam02 Win User

Hi i have the same problem some days i can see all the computers on the network and some days i can see none my desktop can see the laptop but not access it and my laptop carnt even see itself ?

My desktop says the laptop is available but is not responding to connection attempts a firewall or network security policy on the remote computer might be blocking the connection on port

Both have file and printing sharing turned on, i can see my router and printer on the network and access the router and the printer but not the other computers

I am using kaspersky internet security and i have tried with it turned off but its still the same

sam02, Mar 10, 2018
  5. DMD
    DMD Win User
    I can access it regularly, just type the relevant IP address, the problem is that I can not see the icons in network resources

6. Samuria Win User
    When you look for a PC on the network Windows doesn't search it asks the master browser for a list that gives a list by name. If it's offline another PC takes over but has to rebuild the list that can take time as PC's only broadcast every 10 mins in the meantime you can access by IP.

Samuria, Mar 10, 2018
  7. sam02 Win User
    Thanks for the reply so do i have to leave the network folder open, and i dont know how to connect via IP

Regards

sam02, Mar 10, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

You can use a tool like Nirsoft FastResolver to grab IP addresses for all active (green) nodes on your local subnet. After filtering out inactive ones, here's what that looks like for the first 5 nodes on my LAN, for example:

Then you can use those IP addresses in File Explorer, for example, like this:

Hope that makes sense,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 10, 2018
  9. DMD
    DMD Win User
    I also work well using Advanced IP Scanner, but I would have liked Windows to detect peripherals.

10. sam02 Win User
    Hi i have downloaded fast resolver and go the address ip address of my second computer and when i enter it as your instructions and press enter it just takes me to a web page.

I dont know what happened it used to work ok, maybe is was the last round of windows updates?

I must not be typing the ip adress in correctly

sam02, Mar 10, 2018
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey DMD,
    Check the following Windows Services on each Win10 PC and see if they are running. If they are not running, then start them and see if the PC's show up in File Explorer > Network ... It can take awhile for them to show up, so be patient.
    Function Discovery Resource Publication
    Function Discovery Provider host
    SSDP Discovery

Note: You may need/want to set their Startup Type to Automatic.

Your other options are ...
    1. You can access the PC's / Shares in File Explorer > Address Bar by typing \\PC-NAME or \\IP-ADDRESS
    PC-Name is the Device Name in Settings > System > About
    IP-Address is the Internal IP Address
    2. You can map a network drive - Map Network Drive in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    3. You may want to consider checking and reinstalling SMBv1. To check if SMBv1 is installed go to Control Panel > Program and Features > Turn Windows Features On/Off > SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support ... You should only need the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and Server

Note: SMBv1 is old and has been deprecated by MS - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709

Eagle51, Mar 10, 2018
  12. DMD
    DMD Win User
    In fact I do not find it in the features

13. Eagle51 Win User

Supporto per condivisione file SMB 1.0 / CIFS - Click the plus(+) to see the options.

Eagle51, Mar 10, 2018
  14. DMD
    DMD Win User
    OK! Thank you.
    I see the SMB 1.0 / CIFS Server feature is enabled.

15. Eagle51 Win User
    You need to Check Client SMB 1.0/CIFS and Uncheck SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal

Note: If you're reinstalling SMBv1 Server/Client, then you probably don't need to check/change those 3 Services I mentioned.

Eagle51, Mar 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems in network scanning - Similar Threads - Problems network scanning

2. Problems with scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with scanning: Hey guys.We have a desktop computer with Windows 10 Home installed. We also have a MFC device Kyocera M5521cdw connected to the computer via Wi-Fi. Everything was working normally up until yesterday when the Kyocera Print Center software for scanning showed us an error saying...
  3. Problems with scanning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with scanning: Hey guys.We have a desktop computer with Windows 10 Home installed. We also have a MFC device Kyocera M5521cdw connected to the computer via Wi-Fi. Everything was working normally up until yesterday when the Kyocera Print Center software for scanning showed us an error saying...
  4. Problem with scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with scanning: I can't scan using the feeder it's just saying problem scanning something went wrong . please try again but if l use the auto-configured https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-scanning/afbc60d0-8d64-4045-8d36-a5ee2b8ad020
  5. Problem with scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with scanning: I can't scan using the feeder it's just saying problem scanning something went wrong . please try again but if l use the auto-configured https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-scanning/afbc60d0-8d64-4045-8d36-a5ee2b8ad020
  6. Network Scanning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Scanning: Hi,Is windows firewall can detect network scanning initiated from tools like nmap/zenmap? If yes, where can I find the logs for the same.Any lead will be helpful Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-scanning/c3e49e33-114c-4a00-bfb5-db63f1c8c051
  7. Problem Scanning

Problem Scanning: Message I receive from Windows Scan is:Problem Scanning Something went wrong. Please try againThe scanner shows an image in the Preview mode. But when I try to Scan, the above message results.I have updated drivers. Reinstalled printer. My printer is HP Laserjet Pro MFP...
  8. Scan problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scan problems: Yesterday, a new icon appeared on my toolbar with a message: "Scan to Computer is currently unavailble" How do I fix this? I can still scan, but no idea where my scan goes....
  9. scanning problems

scanning problems: i cannot scan anymore using my epson L3110 from windows 10. a week ago things were working perfectly. but when i tried to scan today, i keep getting a message that my laptop cannot connect to the scanner/printer. i tried printing and it worked. can someone help me please?...
  10. scanning problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    scanning problem: I am having scanning problem, cant scan a file if 6 pages, thru feeder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-problem/eeb09efb-b983-4537-a889-750195e52dc7