Windows 10: Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc)

Discus and support Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have not found anything like my problem on any forum or thread. In my Administrator Account the Windows Store opens and I can install Apps. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DavidG, Aug 15, 2015.

1. DavidG Win User

Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc)

I have not found anything like my problem on any forum or thread. In my Administrator Account the Windows Store opens and I can install Apps. I expected those same Apps I just installed to appear in my User Account, they did not. Both my Admin and User accounts are Microsoft accounts.

In my User Account my Windows Store will not open (see image 1 below). I tried to use Command Prompt - Admin to run WSReset.exe (see image 2 below).
    Then I tried to use a .bat file to re-register Windows Store (guess what? yeah see image 3 below).

I ran SFC /SCANNOW in both my Admin and USER accounts. No problems were found in either account. I noticed SFC ran in less than 30 minutes in my Admin account, but SFC took just over TWO HOURS to run in my User account.

My only idea at this point is to DELETE my User account and reinstall it. I thought I might reach out for other suggestions before doing that.

All replies are appreciated.

Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc) [​IMG]

:)

DavidG, Aug 15, 2015
  2. SFCohen Win User

using separate administrator account on Windows 10 to avoid encryption malware

OK. So if I create a local user account to be the admin account, is that likely to cause any problems? Is there any reason the admin account can't be a local account?

[=sfc=]

SFCohen, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Misc. questions about 10

Hello Thanks for the information the results of the commands are

1. WSReset appears to have run properly

2. DISM/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth appears to have run correctly

only result is the wallpaper problem appears to be fixed all other issues remain

3. SFC command found no integrity violations.

4. Powershell Command not recognized

I have 2 user accounts admin and limited user same problems persist in both accounts.

CyberVulcan, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Tony K Win User

Tony K, Aug 15, 2015
  5. DavidG Win User
    Deleted and Reinstalled my User account. Ran Ccleaner and did restart before Reinstall. NO CHANGE - User Account still has the same problems.

DavidG, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 15, 2015
  7. DavidG Win User
    I used the ISO file repair install. The Windows Store now opens and installs from both Accounts.

The only problem I found was that MBAM would not open in my User Account. I used the MBAM uninstall tool then reinstalled MBAM. Everything works fine now. THANK YOU. *Smile

Perhaps I should have Uninstalled MBAM before doing the Windows 10 Repair Install. I left Windows Defender running with no problems. The Windows 10 Repair Install clearly states remove any third party Anti-Virus program before running the procedure.

Link to MBAM clean uninstall and reinstall process.
    https://forums.malwarebytes.org/inde...al-process-2x/

DavidG, Aug 16, 2015
  8. Tony K Win User

*Thumbs

Tony K, Aug 16, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news David. *Party

Brink, Aug 16, 2015
  10. DavidG Win User
    I have even better news. After my Original Upgrade to Windows 10, I had problems found by
    SFC /SCANNOW that could not be repaired by SFC or DISM. Now my SFC scans are CLEAN.

After the ISO file repair install > Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    I checked for and installed Windows Updates.

I had to right click on my clock (bottom right of Desktop) and change it to the correct time zone.

I also had to open my Mail App and for each email account I opened SETTINGS then OPTIONS and CHECKED the BANNERS and SOUNDS boxes (they were unchecked).

I hesitate to post this but my EMAIL notifications are working perfectly. *Eek

The ISO file repair install could be the solution to the EMAIL NOTIFICATION problems.
    If you or H.G. know anyone willing to try this as a solution I think it is worth suggesting.

DavidG, Aug 16, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Agreed. A repair install is a great last resort to avoid a clean install.

Brink, Aug 16, 2015
  12. DavidG Win User
    Don't forget I did a CLEAN INSTALL yesterday or the day before (with the same ISO file).

DavidG, Aug 16, 2015
  13. lvgandhi Win User

Even clean install has not given mail notification in settings|notification in spite of notification turned on in mail app.

lvgandhi, Aug 23, 2015
  14. DavidG Win User
    You might want to join us on another thread. Stop by and feel fee to post, you might want to read the older posts.
    Mail Notification Question

DavidG, Aug 23, 2015
  15. lvgandhi Win User
    I have gone through all posts there and posted there first.

lvgandhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc) - Similar Threads - Problems User Account

2. Admin and User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin and User Account: Hello,Sorry for the basic of not already asked questions:When I set up my new windows 11 laptop I am the admin and have a Microsoft account. I’m told I should also have a user account. Is that true?Which should be local?If I make the admin local would I still have access to...
  3. Admin and User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin and User Account: Hello,Sorry for the basic of not already asked questions:When I set up my new windows 11 laptop I am the admin and have a Microsoft account. I’m told I should also have a user account. Is that true?Which should be local?If I make the admin local would I still have access to...
  4. admin/user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin/user accounts: Is there a way to let standard user accounts have access to programs downloaded under the admin account of a Microsoft laptop? Woiuld it depend on the program downloaded? I feel like there is a way to do this but I just can seem to remember. The accounts would be on the same...
  5. admin/user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    admin/user accounts: Is there a way to let standard user accounts have access to programs downloaded under the admin account of a Microsoft laptop? Woiuld it depend on the program downloaded? I feel like there is a way to do this but I just can seem to remember. The accounts would be on the same...
  6. admin account problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin account problems: Hi i am looking for a way to remove an admin account from my computer as a non admin we have forgotten the password and would just rather delete the account from the laptop...
  7. Admin account no longer appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin account no longer appearing: I signed in as a guest 2 days ago, and now I can't login to my other account. The account folders still appear under C: Users... However, I am unable to enter admin name & password. This is frustrating. At this point it seems the only option is to factory reset the...
  8. Admin account appears to be in sons account now

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin account appears to be in sons account now: My son was on my PC yesterday trying to login to his Microsoft account so we could watch a movie, we ended up connecting his Xbox to my TV. I am (was) the admin on my PC, there is no PW to login so when I power up the PC it used to take me directly to my Desktop. When I...
  9. My admin account switched to a user account!

My admin account switched to a user account!: My account may have gotten corrupt in the update, Don't know for sure. I do know this, This mess is way above my paygrade...LOL... I really need some help to try to fix this issue. The attachments can explain far better than me trying type what exactly is going on. All I...
  10. Admin account problems

Admin account problems: Hello everyone, I believe i have broken windows 10 user accounts. A few months ago i got bored of the constant UAC popups and decided to activate the Built-in Admin account and use it as my main account. I deleted my other account as i am the only user on this pc. Recently...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notifications not appearing in user account but ok in admin account