Windows 10: Problems installing language pack on Windows 10

Discus and support Problems installing language pack on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I try to install the Dutch language pack on my windows 10 machine. First I cleared the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to make sure that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eddy_Vos, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Eddy_Vos Win User

Problems installing language pack on Windows 10

Hi,

I try to install the Dutch language pack on my windows 10 machine.

First I cleared the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to make sure that a fresh install comes from the Internet.

Then I go to Region & Language settings where I add Dutch (Netherlands).

Problems installing language pack on Windows 10 1358a533-faff-4db2-a817-e7dee22816ab?upload=true.png

Then I go to Options and download the language pack

Problems installing language pack on Windows 10 fd51116e-287e-466a-9484-bac41ea29ce5?upload=true.png

After installation It says that it is installed.

All other optinos like Basic Typing or Handwriting can be clicked but are staying in the state 'Downloading' without showing the progress (did had it running for 2 hours before rebooting the system again since I can't abort this download)

Problems installing language pack on Windows 10 86e93cec-c504-487f-aa4e-af5798626cfd?upload=true.png

Going back 1 menu still says that the language pack is installed but I can't set it to default.

Problems installing language pack on Windows 10 3c9fc5ed-9815-4760-a998-2a7d7753da6c?upload=true.png

After rebooting the laptop I get the message again 'We need your help to finish adding a feature' that brings me back to the language & region settings. And there the Dutch language pack is again available for download. So it looks that the installation failed after all.

Problems installing language pack on Windows 10 9284d0b0-eed7-4d0a-a8dd-fd265fb92570?upload=true.png

Where can I find a logfile that shows me what went wrong?

Do you have any tips to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Eddy

:)

Eddy_Vos, Jul 13, 2018

2. Problems in installing a language pack in Windows 10

I have the same problem, BUT the language I want to install, Japanese, is in the computer yet transparent and cannot be clicked on. Can you help me?

AnchyIvkaa, Oct 21, 2018
  3. zdhiu Win User
    Problems in installing a language pack in Windows 10

UP to today, searching, downloading and installing language pack is still time very consuming, very headack process! Ever MS make this process standard, easy available?

zdhiu, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Problems installing language pack on Windows 10

Problems in installing a language pack in Windows 10

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem Enzo have had!

In my PC with Windows 10 (build 10586.29) I added the Italian language in the language section of settings but I had in the Windows display language the "A language pack isn't available"

I proceeded with all the steps above indicated but i could not to install language pack from MSDN (I had the message: "The language cannot be installed on this computer" with two different language packs)

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

MaurizioDesperate, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Problems installing language pack on Windows 10

1. Problems installing language pack on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems installing language

2. Language pack installation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack installation problem: I tried to install Vietnamese language pack but seems to change language only in clock and default apps, parts like file explorer and settings don't change much. Please help me....
  3. Language pack installation problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language pack installation problem: I tried to install Vietnamese language pack but seems to change language only in clock and default apps, parts like file explorer and settings don't change much. Please help me....
  4. Language pack installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  5. Language pack installation

Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  6. English language pack installation problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    English language pack installation problem: Hi, After I download and install the English language pack from Microsoft Store, my computer's language changed to English. However, after I shut down and restart my computer, it change back to the original language, and in my computer settings, the English language pack...
  7. Language Pack Install on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language Pack Install on Windows 10: Has anybody having issues with installing Windows 10 language pack? I recently recovered by reseting Windows 10 but keeping my personal information but when Windows restarted I was getting error messages for the Swedish language pack I had installed before. I stopped...
  8. Problems installing language pack on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems installing language pack on Windows 10: Hi, I try to install the Dutch language pack on my windows 10 machine. First I cleared the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to make sure that a fresh install comes from the Internet. Then I go to Region & Language settings where I add Dutch (Netherlands). [ATTACH]...
  9. Language pack problems

Language pack problems: I have a language pack installed, and it seems to mess up some apps, they do not load some items - HP support assistant doesn't show the troubleshooting options, intel control panel is not showing the right language. Can I disable the language pack for specific apps? Thanks...
  10. Solving problems installing language packs

in Windows 10 Support
    Solving problems installing language packs: Hi, There's a great tutorial by Winaero on removing and adding language packs using the Run command, and direct links to them all. I really needed this to solve a confusing problem in not being able to uninstall or add a pack properly in the usual way. (Tutorial link below)....