Windows 10: Problems installing W7 Classic Games.

Discus and support Problems installing W7 Classic Games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hoping someone can help with this. I've used the x64 games on W8.1 and they work straight off. I could not get the x86 version to work on an x86 W8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mooly, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Mooly Win User

Problems installing W7 Classic Games.

Hoping someone can help with this. I've used the x64 games on W8.1 and they work straight off. I could not get the x86 version to work on an x86 W8.1 install and similarly can not get them to work on W10

With pictures *Smile.

1/ For completeness here is the disk structure.

Problems installing W7 Classic Games. [​IMG]

2/ The games installer file. Its on a USB drive. (I also tried all this with a new download of the file in case there was something corrupt but it was the all the same)

3/ Default Installer. Location incorrect.

4/ New Location.

5/ Location Accepted.

6/ Ready To Install.

7/ Installed.

8/ Games Explorer is present.

9/ No Games. This is what happens in a clean W8.1 x86 install too.

10/ Where are they. I've searched but can not find the installed folder.

11/ Installed programs shows it to be present. Where is it though ?

:)

Mooly, Oct 18, 2014

2. Windows Classic Theme

Windows Classic Theme is a "must have option" for games and professional people. Classic Theme along with advanced tweaks to remove animations and other features FREES-UP rescources and reduces any intereference with Gaming or Video editing.

Future versions of Windows need Windows Classic Theme

As stated in the OP I created, Windows Classic UI is the option we PC Users want and for that matter, NEED. We move fast and W8 to W10 does not allow super fast navigation as did XP and W7.

Classic Windows

Super Tweaker, Oct 18, 2014
  3. Edwardo c Win User
    windows 10 and steam stop start download issue

I am having the same problem downloading games on steam. When I updated to W10 I deleted some games on my system when trouble shooting install problems with W10. Now downloads start and stop, sometimes only downloading 5mb, then go into queue for 5 minutes.
    In W7 everything worked fine. I tried W7 compatibility but did not work. I have a ticket open in steam but not sure they can resolve this. I think I may roll back to W7 if I don't find a solution soon.

Edwardo c, Oct 18, 2014
  4. MrNeeds Win User

Your location of install is C:\Microsoft Games
    Not C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games

It does say make sure you installed it in Program Files *Wink

MrNeeds, Oct 18, 2014
  5. Mooly Win User
    Thanks for the reply. OK, I've tried again from a clean base image that has never had this attempted and I still get the same issue.

I made sure the file path was as shown and ran the installer again,

I then tried creating a folder in Program Files that was called "Microsoft Games". It created OK. I then ran the installer again and selected the full file path to the newly created folder. Again it doesn't work. That folder is just empty after running the install.

Mooly, Oct 18, 2014
  6. MrNeeds Win User
    Have you ran the installer as an administrator? I couldn't tell you how many times programs refuse to install due to not having sufficient rights.
    Just right click the installer and run as administrator.

MrNeeds, Oct 18, 2014
  7. Mooly Win User
    I hadn't thought of that but just trying it now and there doesn't seem to be a run as admin option when right clicking the installer.

Mooly, Oct 18, 2014
  8. adamf Win User

adamf, Oct 18, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    Try the x64 version,
    also, maybe the installer doesn't work properly from a thumb drive.

Edwin, Oct 18, 2014
  10. Mooly Win User
    Thanks for the link Adam. I'll give that a try out (probably tomorrow) and report how it goes.

Mooly, Oct 18, 2014
  11. Edwin New Member
    I got errors trying to run the x86 version,
    the x64 version worked fine on 64bit architecture.

Also
    the games will run in "Media Center Mode" (without WMC installed!)
    Almost like a 'Modern' app

Edwin, Oct 18, 2014
  12. Mooly Win User
    That's interesting to hear. I'm currently on my Dell W8.1 x64 and one of the first things I did in the install procedure was to install the x64 version. It went without a hitch.

I've tried installing from USB flash, I've tried putting the file on a separate partition and running from there and I've also tried just putting the file in "documents" and running. Same result every time.

One curious thing I notice (and maybe its nothing) is that the file size in "Programs and features" is 149mb on the Dell x64. On the x86 install it just shows at around 82 ? mb... as if the files haven't been expanded or a load are missing. I must check that by booting into Vista and checking what that shows size wise.

Mooly, Oct 18, 2014
  13. Mooly Win User

Just tried the reg file to add the run as admin option (that part works OK) but the final result is the same. No games. That Edwin encountered problems with x86 version suggests there is something amiss somewhere.

Mooly, Oct 19, 2014
  14. Mooly Win User
    This might mean something to someone. If I look at the properties of the Games Shortcut it points to this...

Mooly, Oct 19, 2014
  15. Mooly Win User
    I've just done a test using my W8.1 retail discs to clean install W8.1, firstly the x64 version and then then the x86. Both installs were done as "clean" by deleting all partitions and installing onto unallocated space.

The x64 version installed straight off. I had to do nothing apart from click through the installer next > next > etc. The files were correctly installed in the "Program Files" folder. It also took perhaps 30 seconds to install. I could see the progress bar saying installing Chess Titans, installing Purple Place etc etc. I don't see that with the x86. It just completes virtually instantly.

So, the x86 version would not install. Curiously the installer defaulted to the USB drive holding the installation file as a default location, something the x64 version did not.

I feel I've spent much time on this... enough time to call it a day for now.

Mooly, Oct 19, 2014
Thema:

1. Problems installing W7 Classic Games. - Similar Threads - Problems installing Classic

2. Jewel 2 classic game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jewel 2 classic game: Jewel 2 classic game keeps reverting to Level 6 after I complete Level 1. I removed cache and even my highest score went away 181,000,000. I cannot play the game anymore. It seems to be broken not my computer system Windows 10 PC. Is anyone else having this problem?...
  3. Jewel 2 classic game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jewel 2 classic game: Jewel 2 classic game keeps reverting to Level 6 after I complete Level 1. I removed cache and even my highest score went away 181,000,000. I cannot play the game anymore. It seems to be broken not my computer system Windows 10 PC. Is anyone else having this problem?...
  4. problem when installing the classic notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem when installing the classic notepad: Hello and Welcome. I have installed classic notepad in windows11 from settings>apps>additional features. Now, when I uninstall New Notepad to use the Classic one, the option Text Document in New submenu does not appear in the context menu. What is the solution? Windows11 pro,...
  5. problem when installing the classic notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem when installing the classic notepad: Hello and Welcome. I have installed classic notepad in windows11 from settings>apps>additional features. Now, when I uninstall New Notepad to use the Classic one, the option Text Document in New submenu does not appear in the context menu. What is the solution? Windows11 pro,...
  6. Problem with installing w10 on w7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with installing w10 on w7: Hi All,During installation of the w10, I am facing the following error message, and I am trying every suggestions of this website but seems doesn't work for me.I would appreciate to take a look and give me some hints.It should be noted that my w7 is original and have valid...
  7. Cribbage Classic Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cribbage Classic Game: While in the middle of a "Cribbage Classic" game, the app seems to freeze and the "hint" box disappears. I cannot discard or move the game along. I end up having to end the game. Four or five games later, the problem reoccurs. I am current on all updates....
  8. How to install Hasbro Classic Game collection Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to install Hasbro Classic Game collection Windows 10: Recently purchased Hasbro Classic Game Collection through Amazon.com. Customer reviews stated could be run on Windows 10. however, cannot get disk to load. What do I need to do to make it work?...
  9. Ad Free Solitaire etc Old W7 classic games still work on W10 !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad Free Solitaire etc Old W7 classic games still work on W10 !!!: Hi there For Solitaire /. Spider Solitaire / Hearts etc addicts who HATES the new subscription model a reminder here that the old Classic games supplied with W7 STILL work on W10. (At least the 64 bit version still does - I don't have any x86 machines so I can't try)....
  10. Classic W7 games again working on CU edition (build 1703) X-64 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Classic W7 games again working on CU edition (build 1703) X-64 pro: Hi folks Great for "Time wasting" etc -- the old classic W7 games all seem to be working again !!in CU edition (1703) Running W10 X-64 Pro build 1703 (EN-GB). Nice during boring meetings etc etc -- and I think much better than the store rubbish plus no ads.!!!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ارور در نصب بازی000006