Windows 10: Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

Discus and support Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'd stopped using Firefox on my laptop for several month's due to multiple issues. However, yesterday I opened FF and everything was working fine. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

I'd stopped using Firefox on my laptop for several month's due to multiple issues. However, yesterday I opened FF and everything was working fine. I started posting on FB and everything worked perfectly, then one of my posts just disappeared (the primary reason I stopped using FF). I'm using MS Edge right now, but I'm having problems saving websites. I'd really like to use FF as my default but I know that once this problem starts it escalates. The strange thing is that on my desktop computer, my wife can post without any problem and I can log in and they disappear every time. Another strange this is that I can post on my personal page with no problem but the homepage is iffy. I got some info from someone here with the username, of Not Myself and another from "Simmrick" I believe (not sure the spelling is correct.) Please help me to solve this problem so I can keep using FF, my favorite browser. Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Fred22, Apr 27, 2017
  2. Mark_W. Win User

Problems posting status updates on Facebook

Hello Anonymous14559:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having with your Windows Phone. I have done several Facebook posts from my phone lately via both the ME tile and via the Facebook downloadable application. I have yet to run into any issues
    posting or updating my status.

With that said, I believe you are running into a larger phone issue here. The fact the phone is getting hot and the battery is dying fast tends to indicate hardware issues or phone OS/firmware issues. As you have tried several networks I say we focus on
    the phone itself and maybe your account.

Please try all the following steps to see if you can make any progress with the Facebook issue or with the overheating/battery drain.

• Soft reset the phone by going to settings > application > Internet Explorer > delete history. Once you are done with that, press and hold the down volume button plus the power button until the phone vibrates and reboots. Monitor the phones behavior and
      try another Facebook post.
    • Delete the Facebook application from the phone. Once that is done, please go to settings > emails + accounts > tap and hold the Facebook account > select delete. Once the account is removed from the phone or if you are not able to remove the account from
      the phone, go to Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email and unlink your Facebook and Microsoft account via the related accounts > manage other accounts > edit under Facebook > remove this connection completely path.
    • Once this is done, perform another soft reset of the phone and then read your Facebook account to the phone. This should ask you to connect the account with your Microsoft account, please do so. Once this is done, go back to
      Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email and click on related accounts > manage other accounts > edit under Facebook > check all boxes. Once you have done this, go to the phone and tap settings > emails + accounts > tap
      and hold the Microsoft account > select sync. Try posting to Facebook via both the Facebook app and via the ME tile.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Apr 27, 2017
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    Problems posting status updates on Facebook

Hello Anonymous14559:

Thank you for the follow up. By "running the Windows phone beta" I suspect you are referring to having the 8.1 developer preview installed to your phone. If that is the case I have the following suggestions. I have posted via the Facebook app on a phone
    running the 8.1 preview and had 0 issues with the post updating. As mentioned in my previous post, this does indicate this is an issue with your specific phone.

• Wait for the official release of the OS to see if this resolves the issue. The preview does not include any firmware updates for the phone so the official release very well may lead to improved performance.
    • If you have a Nokia phone, consider looking into Nokia's software suite that allows users to reinstall their previous OS and firmware. Once you do that you can either continue with 8.0 until the official release or try reinstalling the preview. I have
      seen reports of this correcting several issues customers have had with the preview.
    • You can always try posting to the 8.1 developer preview forum where others running this OS may have additional feedback or suggestions for you,

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winphoneosissues&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc&brandIgnore=true&page=5
    Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Apr 27, 2017
  4. Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

Hi Fred22

Could I ask a couple of clarifying questions, just so I understand problem a little better.

I understand you have a desktop computer. Now when your wife uses it for Facebook it works fine. Does your wife have her own Windows user id or do you share?

I saw your words when you log in. Is that with your Windows User id or do you just log your wife out of Facebook and then log in using your Facebook id?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 27, 2017
  5. Fred22 Win User
    Yes, we have 2 user accounts and when I refer to logging in, I mean to my desktop, but before we go any farther I've found the browser of my dreams. A PC tech friend suggested Chrome so I downloaded it and immediately imported my FF bookmarks to Chrome...all very intuitive. I had a little trouble saving files (websites) to my bookmarks but with my friend's help I'm good to go. Thanks again, Ken. I'm sure we'll be talking again soon...little problems pop up all the time. Thanks again.

Fred22, Apr 28, 2017
  6. Yes I responded to request about the best browser. I to use Chrome as my daily browser. I sign in and I tell it to sync my bookmarks.

Good luck..

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

1. Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox. - Similar Threads - Problems posting Facebook

2. Viewing earlier posts in Facebook groups

in Browsers and Email
    Viewing earlier posts in Facebook groups: Does anyone know how to display earlier posts in groups on FB I am a member of various different groups and can only see the top 3 or most most recent subjects/posts on some groups, and am unable to see older posts This only seems to have developed in the last week and only...
  3. Mozilla Facebook Container extension for Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Facebook Container extension for Firefox: Even with the ongoing #deletefacebook movement, not everyone is willing to completely walk away from the connections they’ve made on the social platform. After all, Facebook — and its subsidiary Instagram — is where the mountain biking club...
  4. posting my photos on facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    posting my photos on facebook: I kmow how to post works fine on Windows 7 but will not post on Windows ten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-my-photos-on-facebook/2a0a4217-677e-435d-be8b-6afbd363cd16"
  5. Facebook videos crashing Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook videos crashing Firefox: Hi, folks Since 2 weeks videos in FB which are being played automatically crash the browser for couple of seconds. Then I have to refresh it. I am using not the latest drivers for AMD and Intel but also with the newest it is still the same. Can anyone please tell me what...
  6. Facebook videos crashing Firefox

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Facebook videos crashing Firefox: Hi, folks Since 2 weeks videos in FB which are being played automatically crash the browser for couple of seconds. Then I have to refresh it. I am using not the latest drivers for AMD and Intel but also with the newest it is still the same. Can anyone please tell me what...
  7. Posting a file on facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Posting a file on facebook: How do I post a file of photos on my family's facebook page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-a-file-on-facebook/4a2aca7c-0c33-4c17-9562-d86d9942dfaf"
  8. Not able to post to Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Not able to post to Facebook: When I try to post to FB from my desktop the window to which I'm trying to post gets dark then goes away. I switched the PC to my wife's desktop and there are no FB problems, only on my desktop. Any ideas on this one? 79334
  9. Problem with Firefox/Facebook script - page unresponsive and freezes

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Firefox/Facebook script - page unresponsive and freezes: I'm experiencing a constant problem involving a script while using Firefox browser, with Facebook open. A pop up window on the page advises me that the following script is causing the problem.... https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php...HGcTRu_E.js:25 ...and gives me a...
  10. New Facebook Container Extension for Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    New Facebook Container Extension for Firefox: Our Multi-Account Containers extension has been a game changer for many users, letting them manage various parts of their online life without intermingling your accounts. To help Firefox users have more control of their data on Facebook, we’ve created the Facebook Container...