Windows 10: Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad

Discus and support Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since installing Windows 10, I am having a lot of trouble clicking on areas and loading menu options using my mousepad. For example; -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AllySA, Oct 1, 2015.

1. AllySA Win User

Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad

Hello,

Since installing Windows 10, I am having a lot of trouble clicking on areas and loading menu options using my mousepad. For example;

- When I go into the start menu, if I go to click on the Power option, it will not load the menu where I can choose to restart, shut down, etc. The menu will flash up for not even half a second and disappear.

- Another example: when signing up for an account on this website, I was prompted to select a photo from a group of photos for validity but when I clicked on a photo it would not acknowledge this. I was also unable to use the mousepad to click on the tick option to confirm I agree to the terms and conditions etc.

I've no idea what I can do so I'd be really grateful for any help. The mousepad worked fine before I updated to Windows 10.

Thanks,

Ally

:)

AllySA, Oct 1, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

mouse calibraton

Optical mouse? Clean the sensor, clean the mousing area, try a new (clean) mousepad.

Better: Upgrade to a laser mouse.

BulldogXX, Oct 1, 2015
  3. windows randomly zoom in and out

I just purchased HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10. I am having problems with the windows randomly zooming in and out when using the mousepad. I have looked for the setting to correct this based on previous answers, but nothing has solved the problem.
    The scrolling function is turned off in the mouse area of the control panel. I had this same problem with my previous laptop running Windows 8. This is VERY frustrating. Help!

MaggiePrice, Oct 1, 2015
  4. Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad

I know probably you have but have you updated with the latest drivers also have you tried using a wired mouse in a usb port

hTconeM9user, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad

1. Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad - Similar Threads - Problems selecting areas

2. keyboard and mousepad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and mousepad: Hi, I have a Lenovo yogi laptop. From the end of June 2019, I found the cursor would suddenly disappear, and the keyboard and mousepad would cease to work, the touch screen did. A restart did not resolve the problem, but shutting the laptop down and starting up, did....
  3. Mouse select problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse select problems: Hello, I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse that uses a Logitech Unify 2.4 Ghz receiver. The mouse was working ok until I installed an older Logitech Wireless Keyboard that uses a different receiver that communicates using a different frequency than the unify receiver....
  4. How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text: I'm looking for a way to select a few lines of text, or just a few words, and then select another line/word somewhere else in the same paragraph. [ATTACH] it's similar to how you can do this in file explorer [ATTACH] What it should look like If my explanation didn't...
  5. Disabling Mousepad

Disabling Mousepad: I have windows 10, laptop is an ASUS. How do I disable the mousepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disabling-mousepad/7580f27f-6565-4f43-a74a-ccc4dac35588
  6. Selective Print Problem

Selective Print Problem: I have reservations made at 2 hotels, a rental car company, and an airlines. All emailed me confirmations to the same email account. Only 1 hotel and the rental car company will actually print a paper copy. The airlines and the second hotel emails will not print. I get no...
  7. Gestures on Mousepad

Gestures on Mousepad: I have been able to disable most mousepad gestures (e.g. scrolling, zooming, etc.) by going to Settings, Devices, Mouse and Touchpad, Additional Mouse Options, Click Pad Settings and deselecting the various options (I do not want the mousepad to do anything except move the...
  8. Mousepad drag issues: Is this a windows 10 problem?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mousepad drag issues: Is this a windows 10 problem?: Hi people, since upgrading to windows 10 I've encountered a few issues, especially my laptop seeming sluggish after its stated up for the first few minutes, but the issue that is annoying me the most is. My mouse pad seems to have changed, I don't know what, but when I...
  9. App Menus in Notification Area Open Behind the Notification Box

in Windows 10 Support
    App Menus in Notification Area Open Behind the Notification Box: Whenever I right click on an application in the notification area, the menus open up behind the notification box. Is there a way to fix this. I am running a triple monitor setup with the task-bar located on the center screen only. I've tried stretching the task-bar across all...
  10. Strange problem with menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem with menus: Hi All first time posting here, anyone having problems with menu items scrolling like mad. For instance when I'm in photos the options on the menu bar just keep scrolling round and round. Does that make sense? its driving me mad. 97919