Windows 10: Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad

Discus and support Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since installing Windows 10, I am having a lot of trouble clicking on areas and loading menu options using my mousepad. For example; -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AllySA, Oct 1, 2015.

1. AllySA Win User

Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad

Hello,

Since installing Windows 10, I am having a lot of trouble clicking on areas and loading menu options using my mousepad. For example;

- When I go into the start menu, if I go to click on the Power option, it will not load the menu where I can choose to restart, shut down, etc. The menu will flash up for not even half a second and disappear.

- Another example: when signing up for an account on this website, I was prompted to select a photo from a group of photos for validity but when I clicked on a photo it would not acknowledge this. I was also unable to use the mousepad to click on the tick option to confirm I agree to the terms and conditions etc.

I've no idea what I can do so I'd be really grateful for any help. The mousepad worked fine before I updated to Windows 10.

Thanks,

Ally

:)

AllySA, Oct 1, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

mouse calibraton

Optical mouse? Clean the sensor, clean the mousing area, try a new (clean) mousepad.

Better: Upgrade to a laser mouse.

BulldogXX, Oct 1, 2015
  3. windows randomly zoom in and out

I just purchased HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10. I am having problems with the windows randomly zooming in and out when using the mousepad. I have looked for the setting to correct this based on previous answers, but nothing has solved the problem.
    The scrolling function is turned off in the mouse area of the control panel. I had this same problem with my previous laptop running Windows 8. This is VERY frustrating. Help!

MaggiePrice, Oct 1, 2015
  4. Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad

I know probably you have but have you updated with the latest drivers also have you tried using a wired mouse in a usb port

hTconeM9user, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad

1. Problems selecting areas and menus using the mousepad - Similar Threads - Problems selecting areas

2. Selecting an area of object. To work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting an area of object. To work.: Can't find in manual the selection tool and how to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selecting-an-area-of-object-to-work/a7dd2d0e-08cf-40db-aa4e-e8a764a1d93f
  3. Selecting an area of object. To work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting an area of object. To work.: Can't find in manual the selection tool and how to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selecting-an-area-of-object-to-work/a7dd2d0e-08cf-40db-aa4e-e8a764a1d93f
  4. selecting last option in menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    selecting last option in menus: I'm aware that someone already has asked this however in that thread there was no concussion or fix for the problem.In any New system menu or in the photos app the last option in the menu is selected and cannot be unselected.here is the last thread...
  5. selecting last option in menus

selecting last option in menus: I'm aware that someone already has asked this however in that thread there was no concussion or fix for the problem.In any New system menu or in the photos app the last option in the menu is selected and cannot be unselected.here is the last thread...
  6. selecting last option in menus

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. area selection

area selection: Windows 10, Streets and trips 2013.I Cannot select an area to zoom with 2013. this was avaulable in 2007 also I cannot move cursor across map as the hand locks on to the map and just moves the entire map....
  8. Laggy mousepad after using keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laggy mousepad after using keyboard: If you try to move the cursor with the touchpad within a second or two of typing something, the cursor will not respond to the trackpad and will not move. Has anyone been able to solve this? Touchpad/mouse comes up as "HID-Compitable mouse", driver 10.0.19041.1. No synaptics...
  9. Windows auto-selecting the last option in settings menus and other areas.

Windows auto-selecting the last option in settings menus and other areas.: As of yesterday, whenever I go into the settings, Windows will usually auto select the last option. Not open it, but it will be stuck on it and I can't unselect it. For example, if I select Apps and view Apps and Features, it will automatically select the last item in the...
  10. mouse select area

mouse select area: so, lately, i dint know how, but i messed up my mouse select area or whatever its called. i saw another thread about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-selection-box-messed-up/12cd4cce-9aa9-44b8-8d4e-4f902ef7efb4 but i couldnt find the setting...