Windows 10: Problems setting default keyboard layout in Win 10, v 1803

Discus and support Problems setting default keyboard layout in Win 10, v 1803 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; English (Untied States) Settings Keyboards + Add a keyboard US QUERTY Hans QUERTY Remove button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HansLeander, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Problems setting default keyboard layout in Win 10, v 1803

English (Untied States)

Settings

Keyboards

+ Add a keyboard

US QUERTY

Hans QUERTY

Remove button

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the screen above (Region & Language, Options), in Windows 10, v1803, and I want to make "Hans QUERTY" the default keyboard layout. But I have no idea how (but I have tried), and cannot find any instructions on the web regarding this in 1803. Would appreciate some help (second day with 10, and have made a lot of changes successfully, but here, I am stumped).

Thanks/Hans L

:)

HansLeander, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Keyboard layout switches to non-default layout/language after resume from sleep

Hi,

You can try these steps on changing your keyboard layout:

• On the
      Start
      menu, click
      Settings

• Select
      Time & language

• Click
      Region & language

• Select
      Add a language

• Under
      Languages, click the language you want as a default and click
      Set as default.

NOTE: In changing your keyboard layout, you can also try changing your computer's primary language.
    Your keyboard layout may also change in doing so. However, make sure to use the right keyboard layout for
    entering your password. You might not be able to sign in since the layout has been change.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Zaindin Win User
    Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout

Hi,

Any win 10 machine at the office has their keyboard layout defaulted to US. I know how to change the Default to Uk layout, however it only makes those changes for the user logged in at that moment, if another person logs into the same computer, it is Defaulted back to US.

How do you change it so it never is Us and always UK no matter who logs in

Thanks

Zain

Zaindin, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Problems setting default keyboard layout in Win 10, v 1803

Keyboard layout

Open Advanced Language Settings:

Problems setting default keyboard layout in Win 10, v 1803 [​IMG]

(Click screenshots to enlarge.)

Two settings here to check:

• Override the default input language with your preferred input language, even if there's only one language on the list
    • Don't let websites access the language list
    To be sure that the correct settings will be used for all user accounts created later, copy the settings:

Kari, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Problems setting default keyboard layout in Win 10, v 1803

1. Problems setting default keyboard layout in Win 10, v 1803 - Similar Threads - Problems setting default

2. How to set the default keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set the default keyboard layout?: HiI'm facing this issue with Windows 11 only, because there is no priority option for the keyboard layout.I have installed 3 languages on my laptop, English, Arabic, and German, but I couldn't set the default keyboard layout. The keyboard language is changing automatically, I...
  3. How to set the default keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set the default keyboard layout?: HiI'm facing this issue with Windows 11 only, because there is no priority option for the keyboard layout.I have installed 3 languages on my laptop, English, Arabic, and German, but I couldn't set the default keyboard layout. The keyboard language is changing automatically, I...
  4. WIN 10. Scale and Layout settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 10. Scale and Layout settings: Display Scale is set at 125%, but websites and apps are at 150% or higher. I changes settings and even as a test lowered scale to 100% and websites and apps remained at 150% or higher.Please help.ThanksMark...
  5. WIN 10. Scale and Layout settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 10. Scale and Layout settings: Display Scale is set at 125%, but websites and apps are at 150% or higher. I changes settings and even as a test lowered scale to 100% and websites and apps remained at 150% or higher.Please help.ThanksMark...
  6. Keyboard layout - Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout - Problem: Hi all,I've got a problem with my keyboard layout.The following keys aren't working anymore which i'm sure of : q,z, capslock, TAB , ESC , nearly all F functions. and some keys have a different function such as "=@ , @=".I´ve tried a lot of standard solutions:1 Alt shift2...
  7. Keyboard layout problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout problem: Hello, I hava a dell g7 with japanese keyboard and Japanese Windows 10 1809 (pro). I installed all the language packs to add english and italian languages and inputs, so now I have a completely english OS + italian and japanese. The problem I have is that the physical...
  8. Keyboard Settings/Layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Settings/Layout: My keyboard layout has been changed after using a new computer. " and @ has switched places and my hex has turned into £. Is there a way to fix this problem? Thank you. 53110
  9. Set Default Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Keyboard Layout in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Keyboard Input Language in Windows 10 How to Set Default Keyboard Input Language in Windows 10 In Windows, you can configure your keyboard to use a different keyboard layout or input method to type in another language. The language of your...
  10. Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout: Hi, Any win 10 machine at the office has their keyboard layout defaulted to US. I know how to change the Default to Uk layout, however it only makes those changes for the user logged in at that moment, if another person logs into the same computer, it is Defaulted back to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1803 keyboard language problem