Windows 10: Problems starting Windows 10 update

Discus and support Problems starting Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Back when the 10 update first came out, I tried updating from Windows Updates, downloaded ISO/Images from disk and CD, all failing due to the very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Coastalguy, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Problems starting Windows 10 update

Back when the 10 update first came out, I tried updating from Windows Updates, downloaded ISO/Images from disk and CD, all failing due to the very informative error "Your Windows 10 Update Failed".

Anyway, I figured on trying it again, before actually buying a full version, and allowed the script update. I now have the script icon in my task bar, which when I click on, offers options to update now or download and update later. I have clicked on both of these, only to display the update screen advising I have no updates available.

I have searched everywhere trying to find a way to activate the 10 update, but cannot find anything. Possibly it was downloaded previously and there is somewhere I can activate the installation?

:)

Coastalguy, Jun 26, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Jun 26, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Problems starting Windows 10 update

These is something in your current installation that needs repairing, more than likely. You list 8.1 as your OS. What I would do, if it were my computer is run showkey from this forum:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

If showkey shows an oem key stored in bios (or for that matter even an OEM or Retail Windows 8.1 product key installed - as long as it is not OEM:SLP). Then I would do this:
    Important precautions to take before upgrading to Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

You can use a USB flash drive instead of a MicroSD card.

The current build of Windows 10 will activate with a Windows 8 product key, either retrieved from BIOS automatically, or manually entered.

NavyLCDR, Jun 26, 2016
  5. Ok, did an internet search and found a Windows 10 Update Manager on the Microsoft site and it installed windows 10 great. I am all set, thanks,

Coastalguy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problems starting Windows 10 update

1. Problems starting Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Problems starting update

2. Windows 10 Start Up Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Up Problems: Boot Device Not Found.Please install an operating system on your hard disk.Hard Disk 3F0Can I make a bootup flash drive ?If so how and where can I copy to a flash drive..If someone can help me I would highly appreciate it...And I Think You very much....*** Email address is...
  3. PC problems starting and sleeping after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC problems starting and sleeping after Windows 10 update: Hi everyone My Windows 10 update completed yesterday creating two problems. 1 When turning on my PC, it gets stuck on the black screen with blue window and no spinning dots. I have to turn the PC off and back on again using the power button to get it to start up normally....
  4. Problems with start Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with start Windows 10: [IMG]it's safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-start-windows-10/3e858937-b074-48a2-b9b7-f3927b27a7f1
  5. start menu problem on windows 10 update 2004

start menu problem on windows 10 update 2004: Hi Microsoft Team, after couple months updated my windows 10 to version 2004 suddenly this morning i have got error while clicking start menu button. the error is "Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in". i have tried to resign-in but...
  6. Windows 10 start problem

Windows 10 start problem: Since the latest update, Windows 10 will not start automatically after the computer has been switched off. After a failed attempt, if I switch off the computer and then switch it on again then Windows starts and works fine. The problem seems to be when I shut down Windows....
  7. Quick start/no quick start windows 10 problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Quick start/no quick start windows 10 problems.: PC specs: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: Msi gtx 970 gaming 4g (with hdmi to main monitor and dvi-i to 2nd) Mobo: Msi b450 tomahawk max Ram: Crucial ballistix ddr4 3000 cl15 2x8 kit. Psu: Seasonic focus+ gold 650W. Disk: A-data sx8200 pro 512 gb (GTP format) with mbr the...
  8. Windows 10 Feature Update Start Up problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update Start Up problems: Why does my computer check and repair the c drive on every start up since I installed the windows 10 feature update and how do I repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-feature-update-start-up-problems/2e492135-629b-4986-b04b-d1c1bf85e852
  9. windows 10 starting problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 starting problem: Hi there, Nowadays I have a problem with my windows 10. when I start my computer then I put my pin to start but it shows "pin is incorrect" and after restarting the computer when I put the pin again it works well. But it is so painful restart computer every time. could anyone...
  10. windows 10 start problem

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 start problem: Hi My laptop is dell inspiron 5558 with i7 processor and 16 GB ram. Recently i upgraded to windows 10 and am facing issue on when booting the system. After pressing power button, i am seeing dell logo and system shutsdown immediately. and i need to press the power...