Windows 10: Problems Switching Accounts

Discus and support Problems Switching Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I switched to a local account but cannot switch back to a MS account. I go through the loops of putting in my email addess and password then... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AlanWade, Jul 19, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

Problems Switching Accounts

I switched to a local account but cannot switch back to a MS account. I go through the loops of putting in my email addess and password then authorising it on my phone but nothing changes at all.

I am using build 10240 and have not had any problems logging on.

Anyone with experience or advice on how to login with my MS account as standard again?

thanks

Alan

:)

AlanWade, Jul 19, 2015

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Jul 19, 2015
  3. 7thSense Win User
    Switching Accounts

There is no way to switch accounts since everything in the phone is associated with the main account. In order to switch accounts, you need to perform a factory reset:
    Settings > about > reset your phone

7thSense, Jul 19, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

I created one of each and switch between them as needed rather than keep changing the one account from MS to local and back/

Ztruker, Jul 20, 2015
  5. AlanWade Win User
    I can log into my MS account online but cannot change to it for some reason

AlanWade, Jul 20, 2015
  6. just go to settings => your account => sign in with local account instead => type confirmation password with MS account => now type password with local account => signout *Thumbs

remostalin, Jul 20, 2015
  7. AlanWade Win User
    I think its the opposite that I want to do, I am automatically logged in with my local account, when I try to log in with my MS account I enter my email then MS password, approve the sms code for logging in but stay in my local account.
    It will not switch to the MS account.

AlanWade, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems Switching Accounts - Similar Threads - Problems Switching Accounts

2. not able to switch to microsoft account due network problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to switch to microsoft account due network problems: i want to download apps from microsoft store but for that i firstly need to sign to microsoft account while i am trying to do that after putting my email it s showing network errors...
  3. not able to switch to microsoft account due network problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to switch to microsoft account due network problems: i want to download apps from microsoft store but for that i firstly need to sign to microsoft account while i am trying to do that after putting my email it s showing network errors...
  4. Switching accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching accounts: So, when I originally got my computer, I was young and didn't have an account, so my mum signed in on her account. It's been a few years, and I have my own account, and want to sign in on that account, is there any way to sign in on my account without my mum doing any thing...
  5. Switching accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching accounts: So, when I originally got my computer, I was young and didn't have an account, so my mum signed in on her account. It's been a few years, and I have my own account, and want to sign in on that account, is there any way to sign in on my account without my mum doing any thing...
  6. Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account: I have recently had to change my Microsoft account and email. I am now trying to change my log in details to windows 10 as it is under my now closed old email address and old Microsoft account. Following earlier advice I have created a local account and when I try to log in...
  7. Switching Accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Switching Accounts: Hi all, I have 3 E-Mail accounts and sometimes I dont want to use the same Account to reply. If I just click on Reply it will use the same account on that it came in. is there a way to switch to a differed account? BTW, I am using Mail not outlook. in WLM it was possible to...
  8. ms account switch admin problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ms account switch admin problems: set up a new desktop computer for a friend used my ms account to install win 10 when I brought it to him and went to change to his account he tells me he doesnt have his un and password from there it turned into a night mare I couldnt switch users and because Im not sure...
  9. User accounts switching problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts switching problem: I have two users on my windows10. One account relates to my outlook while the other is without outlook id, so when i turn on my PC the user account that is without outlook id automatically sign-in's to the PC without poping up the screen which shows both the user names......
  10. switch-on problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    switch-on problem: After upgrading my Win 10, I now find at 'switch-on', the P.C now LOCKS at initial switch-on and needs to be switched , on/off, before booting Greatly appreciate any help, why this should happen. 86123