Windows 10: Problems syncing computers using Microsoft account

Discus and support Problems syncing computers using Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have 3 computers all with newly updated versions of Windows 10 (Version 1607, OS Build 14393.321). I recently upgraded one of my computers. I am now... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tlesage, Oct 15, 2016.

1. tlesage Win User

Problems syncing computers using Microsoft account

I have 3 computers all with newly updated versions of Windows 10 (Version 1607, OS Build 14393.321). I recently upgraded one of my computers. I am now having issues getting my computers to sync with one another using my original Microsoft account. My original account has been active for well over 10 years. On the newest computer when I go to 'your info' under settings->accounts it shows my name in all capital letters with my e-mail address directly under it. On the original two computers it does not show my full name, only the e-mail address when I look under the same area. The two that display only the e-mail address will sync well together. If I change the theme on one it automatically changes the other. The new computer however will not change. When I put them all together in a homegroup the original two computers both show up together in their own group, but the new computer is in a separate line in its own group. I can link them together this way with homegroup however, so I don't think I have a network problem. I then created a brand new Microsoft account using a new e-mail address. When I use this account on all 3 computers then they all display my name on the login screen instead of e-mail address. They then sync flawlessly together, they all change themes together, and they are all in the same group in homegroup. For some reason it seems that there is some issue with how the computers recognize or interact differently with my original Microsoft account. I have checked the two accounts to ensure they are both set up the same. I don't really see any differences. Anybody have any thoughts on what my issue may be? I am happy to provide more details or share screenshots if desired.

:)

tlesage, Oct 15, 2016
  2. c0lakid Win User

Sync settings cannot be enabled and time settings do not sync Windows 10.

Main computer runs windows 10 with local account. Sync settings cannot be enabled unless Microsoft account is enabled.

Problem time settings do not sync after reboot. I have to everytime manually update time a couple of times before time will set properly.

Second computer is the test computer for preview builds that use Microsoft account this issue does not occur. If I disable sync between devices on the test computer the problem occurs on that system. /

Old title: sync and time

c0lakid, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Using one Microsoft account for multiple computers at the same time

I understand that I can use one Microsoft account to register all 10 of the computers. What I'm trying to find out will there be any issues having all 10 computers logged onto the same account at the same time.

CharlesG86, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

Problems syncing computers using Microsoft account

1. Problems syncing computers using Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Problems syncing computers

2. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem: Hi.I need help with the sign into this computer using your Microsoft account screen. I know your supposed to put your old local account password, but I forgot mine. Can anybody help?...
  3. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem: Hi.I need help with the sign into this computer using your Microsoft account screen. I know your supposed to put your old local account password, but I forgot mine. Can anybody help?...
  4. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account not Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account not Syncing: Since Microsoft has taken down the account troubleshooter, is there anything else to use? My account is not syncing between devices. Am using Windows 10.Have tried to turn sync settings on and off, verified the account, edit the registry keys, run sfc /scan now, DISM /online...
  6. Syncing account problem

Syncing account problem: When i download a thing on one of my computers it downloads to both. They are signed into the same account. I want to know how to make unsync so i can have different stuff on different computer...
  7. Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync

Problems with OneDrive and Windows Microsoft account sync: Hello, I have encountred multiple issues in windows recently: INFO - I am logged into Office already and Microsoft account is connected to windows. OneDrive wanted me to log in, but it didnt let me because my private account was greyed out, so I looked online and found...
  8. Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?: So, something a bit odd happened today: I tried signing in as usual, but a message (I didn't really get to read it fully) that went something like "unable to sign in to your Microsoft account" popped up, and all my stuff was gone. Background reset, default browser reset, etc....
  9. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: Hi Everyone I have just discovered the sync settings in Windows 10 and found out about how I can sync my settings and themes (which I am particularly interested in) I had the settings enabled with my computer and surface also with my existing Microsoft account signed in...
  10. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: I have often wondered what happens when you upgrade Windows with regards to syncing settings etc. For Windows 10 I don't want to find that I am syncing settings from older versions of Windows or from Windows 10 beta. So how do I ensure that for the first install of...