Windows 10: Problems updating Mail & Calender app from Store

Discus and support Problems updating Mail & Calender app from Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I seem to be having issues updating the Mail & Calendar app from Store after installing the new update. I restarted my computer to see if that will fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jesse Williams, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Problems updating Mail & Calender app from Store

I seem to be having issues updating the Mail & Calendar app from Store after installing the new update. I restarted my computer to see if that will fix the issue, but it didn't. The update was the one released yesterday or today.

I have attached the screenshots to better explain what is going on.

Problems updating Mail & Calender app from Store [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

:)

Jesse Williams, Sep 25, 2017

2. Anniversary Update Issue same as 10586

Also I just updated with the latest mail and calender app update from store but still not resolved however notifications work but only for Mail and calender app they dont work...

The calender app wont run in the background at all..

1dabca0a-95d3-4cfd-a3d3-aab1313f834c, Sep 25, 2017
  3. Mail Calender Apps in Windows 10

Hi Well today I turned on my laptop and the mail and calender apps opened but the store app would now not open. I did a restart and the store app opens but the mail and calender apps now do not open. i get no error message and when i try to update these
    apps from the store nothing seems to happen but it shows in the store that the calender mail app is already installed. The only changes to my laptop are ones made by windows updates. i find this very frustrating as I have much info in my calender which I can
    now not access. Any help you can give will be much appreciated as this is a windows issue as all my other apps work fine.

KennyDowner, Sep 25, 2017
  4. Grom0X Win User

Problems updating Mail & Calender app from Store

Yep, getting the same error. M$ issue.

Grom0X, Sep 25, 2017
  5. Yep it’s widespread. Already been on at Microsoft on Twitter, they act like nothings up and try to blame my machine. You cannot seem to make them accept it’s on issue at their end. But take comfort that you are not alone. It’s playing up for everyone. I don’t think the cumulative update is to blame because I installed that last night and this morning ((UK) there was an update for groove that went in ok for me. It’s just this one causing havoc

Scottyboy99, Sep 25, 2017
  6. Well... hopefully, they will send out a fix for the issue.

Jesse Williams, Sep 25, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    There have been a number of those same error codes here in recent days, current one is the Mail & Calendar.
    Go to report and you will see many other reporting the same.

It does not cause havoc though, just select X and that is it. wait 'til MS sorts it.

Helmut, Sep 25, 2017
  8. xraiderv1 Win User

seeing same issue here.

xraiderv1, Sep 25, 2017
  9. Well I carried out a brand new install of 1703 Creators update yesterday and topped it off with the latest cumulative update. The Mail app will not update via the app store and I am receiving the same error code as the others so it's definitely there end.

Runnerbean, Sep 27, 2017
  10. Same here. I also tried to uninstall it with Powershell, but doesn't work.

Siegfriedm, Sep 27, 2017
  11. bo elam Win User
    I am also having a problem updating the Mail & Calendar App. Other apps update just fine. I dont use Store apps at all but like to keep them updated and working properly. I just tried something that might work but I think I need to reboot. After I reboot, if it works, I ll come back and post about it.

Bo

bo elam, Sep 27, 2017
  12. I also ran a Powershell command trying to fix the issue, and it didn't work. Microsoft needs to work on their updates before sending them out to the public, because the updates are buggy and are breaking things that are working. My Mail & Calendar app was fine before I installed that update.

Jesse Williams, Sep 27, 2017
  13. bo elam Win User

I have Store Apps sets not to update automatically. When I want to update them, I do it manually.

This is what I did. When I opened Store, I got the 1 update pending next to the down arrow. I clicked it to update. As it was processing, I stopped the update. And clicked to find updates. It found the one for Mail & Calendar and a couple more that previously were not being displayed as pending in the number count next to the down arrow. The update finished, View 3D and Movies & TV showed up as updated. Nothing displayed about Mail & Calendar.

This is what I got. After rebooting, no pending updates are being displayed of any kind next to the arrow. Is like the Mail & Calendar updated was pulled off. And now when I open the Store, and look for updates. I either get nothing found as pending as in Screen 1, or I get an screen searching for updates that never ends as in Screen 2.

So, I dont know if anything is fixed but something changed. I ll see what happens next time, perhaps tomorrow, when another App has a pending update available.

Bo

bo elam, Sep 27, 2017
  14. Seems to of finally updated ok this morning

Scottyboy99, Sep 27, 2017
  15. bo elam Win User
    Done. Mine is fixed. The steps I took earlier, must of done the trick. *Smile

Bo

bo elam, Sep 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Problems updating Mail & Calender app from Store - Similar Threads - Problems updating Mail

2. Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself: Hey,Can anyone help/ advise on why the Mail and Calender app keeps unistalling itself?I have tried troubleshooting and repairing and resetting but it still keeps happening...
  3. mail and calender missing

mail and calender missing: good afternoon i tried to open mail before all i got was go to the store, but store wont open it, thought delete it would help, but now trying to get it back even the microsoft store wont open any ideas please...
  4. Mail and Calender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail and Calender: hello is this mail app safe to use please tell[ATTACH] please ttell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calender/892fd669-2bd6-47aa-b1a1-e60923a9b676
  5. Previous/older email on Mail/Calender app

Previous/older email on Mail/Calender app: Previous emails that were in my inbox are missing. The mail app is only showing today's emails. Also, it will not allow me to add a 6th email address. Is there a limit to how many email addresses you can have in the Mail Calendar app?...
  6. Mail and Calender

Mail and Calender: Mail and Calender is a great app for windows 10. Its a great alternative for outlook. But the main issue is all its constituent apps are separated. So for opening calender from mail, u have to open a separate app... So what if all the apps get combined? pls review...
  7. Mail and Calender app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail and Calender app: Hi, I´d like to restore the inbuilt Mail and Calender app after having used the Outlook app for mail/calender. I have tried to uninstall the Outlook app. Now, I cannot reinstall the Mail and Calender app, the installation stays pending and nothing happens....
  8. Mail and calender problems

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and calender problems: I have a little used computer that stopped getting and seding mail. I backed up my c drive to an exteral and reinstalled. Not having a lot of memory i deleted some programs. When i reinstalled mail and calender apps they pop up then flash off the screen. Any suggestions would...
  9. calender and mail

calender and mail: keep folder pane open. cannot be sure if I am in mail or calendar and mail. folder pane keeps collapsing. any way to prevent this behavior. are there any keyboard shortcuts to open folder pane?...
  10. Mail and Calender apps suddenly disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calender apps suddenly disappeared: Hi, My mail and calendar apps have just suddenly disappeared. I've tried the uninstall trick using powershell and reinstall but still missing the apps. I've also tried a sfc /scannow but no luck. The Microsoft Store reports the apps as installed. Anyone have any ideas....