Windows 10: Problems using IPv6 netsh in command window

Discus and support Problems using IPv6 netsh in command window in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to set up an IPv6 tunnel. My first command in the command window is as follows: netsh interface teredo set state disabled.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kbk, Oct 16, 2016.

1. KBK
    kbk Win User

Problems using IPv6 netsh in command window

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an IPv6 tunnel. My first command in the command window is as follows:

netsh interface teredo set state disabled.

The msg. I get is as follows:

The requested operation requires elevation (run as administrator).

The problem is I am the administrator! I don't know what I have to do to run this correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

2. Phoenix3 Win User

Hurricane Electric ipv6 tunnel can't be setup in Windows 10 ... netsh command broken !!!

Hello,

Looks like netsh command has changed in Windows 10, because the standard HE.NET solution for creating an ipv6 tunnel does not work anymore:

netsh interface teredo set state disabled

netsh interface ipv6 add v6v4tunnel interface=IP6Tunnel <ext-ip> 184.105.253.14

netsh interface ipv6 add address IP6Tunnel 2001:470:1f10:111f::2

netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 IP6Tunnel 2001:470:1f10:111f::1

( <ext-ip> = ip address I got from my ISP )

I get this result:

C:\>netsh interface teredo set state disabled

Ok.

C:\>netsh interface ipv6 add v6v4tunnel interface=IP6Tunnel
    <ext-ip> 184.105.253.14

The function attempted to use a name that is reserved for use by another transaction.

(I've used other names for the string IP6Tunnel - some in quotes - but with exactly the same result.)

C:\>netsh interface ipv6 add address IP6Tunnel 2001:470:1f10:111f::2

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

(Which baffles me since this is the suggested syntax for this command AND works in OLDER versions of Windows)

C:\>netsh interface ipv6 add route ::/0 IP6Tunnel 2001:470:1f10:111f::1

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

(Ditto here.)

On Windows 8.x and older it works like a charm, on Windows 10 IT IS BROKEN !!!

ALL commands are executed at an administrative command prompt !!!

Please help ... ?

Regards,

Jacob Havinga

Phoenix3, Oct 16, 2016
  3. MAC W Win User
    Wifi Possible Solution: Networking Reset...is not working

I used the chat in MIcrosoft and after a couple of hours we figured out it was ipv6, so go to "Command Prompt" and type:

netsh winsock reset catalog (enter)

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log (enter)

netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log (enter)

and restart the computer

MAC W, Oct 16, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Problems using IPv6 netsh in command window - Similar Threads - Problems using IPv6

2. What is the netsh command to connect WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the netsh command to connect WIFI: Currently Netsh support is available to select the SSID and enter the Passphrase in through command prompt for private WiFi's.NETSH WLAN SET HOSTEDNETWORK MODE=ALLOW SSID=”YOUR WIFI CONNECTION NAME” KEY=”YOUR WIFI CONNECTION PASSWORD”But I have a case where I need to connect...
  3. What is the netsh command to connect WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the netsh command to connect WIFI: Currently Netsh support is available to select the SSID and enter the Passphrase in through command prompt for private WiFi's.NETSH WLAN SET HOSTEDNETWORK MODE=ALLOW SSID=”YOUR WIFI CONNECTION NAME” KEY=”YOUR WIFI CONNECTION PASSWORD”But I have a case where I need to connect...
  4. How to remove blocked filter using netsh wlan command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove blocked filter using netsh wlan command?: Hi,I enter ssid using netsh wlan command, but made mistake to enter the command with quote sign ""netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="ssid1" networktype=infrastructureBlock list on the system user ------------------------------- SSID: ""ssid1"", Type: Infrastructure...
  5. How to remove blocked filter using netsh wlan command?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove blocked filter using netsh wlan command?: Hi,I enter ssid using netsh wlan command, but made mistake to enter the command with quote sign ""netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="ssid1" networktype=infrastructureBlock list on the system user ------------------------------- SSID: ""ssid1"", Type: Infrastructure...
  6. NETSH command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NETSH command: Playing around with the command as a utility to troubleshoot connectivity issues. Running this command gives a bunch of great info but I would like to have it save the html file to a specific path. Can't find info on doing that . Does anyone know ? netsh wlan show...
  7. Netsh WLAN command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netsh WLAN command: I just discovered the NETSH utility. Ran netsh wlan show all on my new desktop PC to see which router wifi channels are being used by other visible networks in my neighborhood. To my astonishment it listed every wifi network profile at least 100, mostly hotels I have...
  8. How to use the Netsh Command to manage Windows Firewall (Basic Guide)

in Windows 10 News
    How to use the Netsh Command to manage Windows Firewall (Basic Guide): [ATTACH]Netsh or Network Shell is a command-line utility that helps IT admins configure and […] This article How to use the Netsh Command to manage Windows Firewall (Basic Guide) first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. NETSH Command - Help please

NETSH Command - Help please: Hi, I may have the wrong end of the stick here but I'm trying to assign my printer a static IP using NETSH. My printer does not allow this on the printer control panel. I have tried adding an exception in the router but this has been problematic. This is the command I'm...
  10. Using netsh wlan commands not working

Using netsh wlan commands not working: Someone else's network keeps popping up in my list of networks in the Windows 10 Action Center. I've used a cmd prompt and followed all instructions for using "netsh wlan" commands to deny all (and then allow my own network to show, but the network I blocked still keeps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netsh interface ipv6 add v6v4tunnel IP6Tunnel public ipv4 address