Windows 10: Problems When I turn on my PC

Discus and support Problems When I turn on my PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Whenever I turn on my PC, there is only a black screen with the mouse cursor. When I restart my PC it works but the date is set to some very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JEnnis310, Nov 4, 2015.

1. JEnnis310 Win User

Problems When I turn on my PC

Hello. Whenever I turn on my PC, there is only a black screen with the mouse cursor. When I restart my PC it works but the date is set to some very random date eg. 1/3/2302. This really confuses me and I have no idea why this is happening.

:)

JEnnis310, Nov 4, 2015

2. I downloaded Windows 10, now when I turn on my PC I get the message RECOVERY, Your PC/Device needs to be repaired error code 00000185

Original Title: Windows 10 & Acer

I have an ACER Aspire E1-572 using Win 8, I downloaded Windows 10, now when I turn on my PC I get the message RECOVERY, Your PC/Device needs to be repaired error code 00000185, also it says press F8 to enter setup but nothing happens also says press Esc
    to enter firmware settings which gives me a lot of options, I am afraid to try a reboot in case I loose all my files. can people help?

DerekLynch1962, Nov 4, 2015
  3. I downloaded Windows 10, now when I turn on my PC I get the message RECOVERY, Your PC/Device needs to be repaired error code 00000185

Hi Derek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10 installation.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

Some PCs may need long time to download Windows 10, depending on the quality of the internet connection.

Tip - If your Windows 10 download is taking too long, try disconnecting any USB devices and extended display cables that may be connected.

Method 1

I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Automatic Repair.

Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool"
    in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might
      need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Automatic Repair'.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 4, 2015
  4. Problems When I turn on my PC

How old is the PC?

Sometimes the motherboard battery (coin-cell) goes bad, and causes such problems. You can buy an inexpensive one online, but before you do, you might want to test it. If you have another motherboard lying around, switch them out.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherb.../CS-002839.htm

DustSailor, Nov 4, 2015
  5. JEnnis310 Win User
    Hey! It's only about a year old and I built it myself. I wouldn't have any other motherboards unfortunately. Thanks for the reply

JEnnis310, Nov 5, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Most motherboards use lithium button cells, type 2032. In the US, they're readily available. The corner pharmacy (chemist) probably has them. I have received musical greeting cards that were powered by them.

I doubt that's your problem, although it's not impossible. I hope that it's nothing absurd like the clear CMOS jumper being in the wrong position.

bobkn, Nov 5, 2015
  7. JEnnis310 Win User
    I see. I hope it is something simple. Thanks

JEnnis310, Nov 5, 2015
  8. Problems When I turn on my PC

I don't know about the date, but I had a similar problem recently with one of my computers. I believe DRIVERS were the cause. Go now to your motherboard/computer manufacturer's website (Asrock, according to your system specs list), and download all the latest Windows 10 drivers (either 32 or 64 bit depending on your system), then install them as needed in order to update to the latest drivers available to you.

DustSailor, Nov 5, 2015
  9. satchmo Win User
    You built it a year ago, but did you use brand new parts?

In addition, if you do not leave your PC plugged in, it would be constantly draining the CMOS battery. A year is still too soon though, that's why I question whether you used an existing motherboard.

satchmo, Nov 6, 2015
  10. JEnnis310 Win User
    No I bought brand new parts, all off amazon, and I always have my PC plugged in

JEnnis310, Nov 6, 2015
  11. WildOne Win User
    WildOne, Nov 6, 2015
  12. JEnnis310 Win User
    OK thanks I'll try that!

JEnnis310, Nov 6, 2015
  13. bobkn Win User

Discharge the CMOS battery by not having the PC plugged in? First I've heard that one.

I think the battery is good for years, with the PC disconnected from the grid.

bobkn, Nov 6, 2015
  14. JEnnis310 Win User
    Hey. I tried that but unfortunately it didn't work. Thanks anyway.

JEnnis310, Nov 6, 2015
  15. JEnnis310 Win User
    Hey everyone. I forgot to say for the past couple days, whenever I restart my PC it says it fails to load correctly and there's options to restart my PC and see advanced options.

JEnnis310, Nov 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Problems When I turn on my PC - Similar Threads - Problems turn

2. Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows then all my apps turned into grid...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows then all my apps turned into grid...: Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-have-problem-i-was-adjusting-font-in-my/e641715f-6d13-4a83-9c6c-dc8d6263a77e
  3. Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows then all my apps turned into grid...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows then all my apps turned into grid...: Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-have-problem-i-was-adjusting-font-in-my/e641715f-6d13-4a83-9c6c-dc8d6263a77e
  4. Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows then all my apps turned into grid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. laptop wont turn on now occasionally due to window 11 software. Problem starting a year...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop wont turn on now occasionally due to window 11 software. Problem starting a year...: Hello all,My Asus Zenbook laptop occasionally does not turn on at all when powered on. I have had it looked at by my insurer and they told me that after having thoroughly examined the laptop and done all the potential checks everything concerning the hardware works perfectly,...
  6. laptop wont turn on now occasionally due to window 11 software. Problem starting a year...

laptop wont turn on now occasionally due to window 11 software. Problem starting a year...: Hello all,My Asus Zenbook laptop occasionally does not turn on at all when powered on. I have had it looked at by my insurer and they told me that after having thoroughly examined the laptop and done all the potential checks everything concerning the hardware works perfectly,...
  7. How to turn off secure boot , not sure what problem is don't have write access to lots of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off secure boot , not sure what problem is don't have write access to lots of...: How to turn off secure boot , not sure what problem is don't have write access to lots of small issues happening lets start with disabling secure boot...
  8. How to turn off secure boot , not sure what problem is don't have write access to lots of...

How to turn off secure boot , not sure what problem is don't have write access to lots of...: How to turn off secure boot , not sure what problem is don't have write access to lots of small issues happening lets start with disabling secure boot...
  9. How to turn off secure boot , not sure what problem is don't have write access to lots of...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Some problems in turn off

Some problems in turn off: What is the meaning of...