Windows 10: Problems with 3.5mm analong jack Headphone+mic

Discus and support Problems with 3.5mm analong jack Headphone+mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My windows 10 Laptop cannot detect my Headphone+mic when it's plugged in, but it can be detected on my other Laptops. HELP!! PLEASE!! I am done using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RRR222, Jul 19, 2018.

1. RRR222 Win User

Problems with 3.5mm analong jack Headphone+mic

My windows 10 Laptop cannot detect my Headphone+mic when it's plugged in, but it can be detected on my other Laptops. HELP!! PLEASE!! I am done using my face cam mic!!

:)

RRR222, Jul 19, 2018

2. Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

So, I have a laptop with a single headphone jack, and it has the little symbol with both an headphone and a mic.
    I have bought a V-moda boom pro mic. The microphone is integrated in the cable, and the tip that goes in the jack has four "parts", as it should be. The headphones work just fine, the moment I plugged it in the sound came to my headphones, but the computer just keeps using the integrated mic instead of the one on the cable. I have checked the sound settings, nothing changes, neither in the Realtek manager.

The microphone came with a splitter, and i even tried plugging in only the mic part, but still nothing.

unfornatly, i don't have any other exterernal mic to test the jack with, and as far as I know, everything is updated

Pedro12071999, Jul 19, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    pls help me in my headset problem

OK, sorry I looked up your Dell Laptop and found the problem

That model has a Headphone/microphone combo jack and that is the problem, it does not take a headphone or mic jack, it must be a combo jack . . .

You need to purchase a 3 5mm Headphone Mic Audio Y Splitter Cable Male to Dual Female Converter Adapter.

They cost around $3 on the web or in any PC parts shop . . .

Simply Google: 3 5mm Headphone Mic Audio Y Splitter Cable Male to Dual Female Converter Adapter

Click the link below for an example of the part you need to buy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Headphone-Mic-Au...

DaveM121, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Problems with 3.5mm analong jack Headphone+mic

1x Headphone/mic combo jack not working

I have an Asus ROG GL551JW-DS71 gaming laptop, with a 1x headphone/mic combo jack that's supposed to allow me to use both headphones and a microphone. I use a headset with a separate headphone and microphone jack, and use a audio mic splitter that came
    with it to connect to my laptop. The problem is that the mic is that the headset is not detected by windows. I hear sound out of the headphones, but when I speak, the only mic that picks up anything is the laptops. Please help, I'm a heavy gamer so not having
    a functional mic is not a good thing.

NigelLacewell, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Problems with 3.5mm analong jack Headphone+mic

1. Problems with 3.5mm analong jack Headphone+mic - Similar Threads - Problems 5mm analong

2. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  3. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging mic into headphone jack: I have an ASUS computer and a mini-mic that streams to my hearing devices. With my previous computer, I was able to plug the mic into the headphone jack to stream to my hearing devices. I have not been able to figure this out on my ASUS. I have tried settings of headphone,...
  4. Plugging mic into headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with headphone jack mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with headphone jack mic: About a week ago my PC suddenly stopped recognizing my 3.5mm jack microphone even though I can hear everything just fine through the headset. In the sound settings it simply states ”input device not found”. Drivers are up to date, every app has permission to use the mic,...
  6. Problems with Headphone jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Headphone jack: I just got a brand new Dell Latitude 5500 with Windows 10 Pro for work and the headphone jack isnt working. It wont detect headphones when I plug them in, it just keeps playing out of the computer speakers. If i restart the laptop with the headphones plugged in they work, but...
  7. Headphone jack problems.

Headphone jack problems.: Hey! So I got a new, unused pair of earbuds that come with a built-in microphone, which I don't plan to use. However, when I plug these into my front AUX jack, my PC is recognizing it as a microphone, and I can't get it to stop doing that. Has anyone else had this same issue...
  8. Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.

Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.: There are LOTS of these threads that are locked with no answer. It's very frustrating that there ins't a way to toggle windows to use the combo speaker or headset mic combo jack as a mic only when it's not detected automatically and only a mic is plugged in! Windows...
  9. Headphone jack problem

Headphone jack problem: As i bought a new asus FX553 laptop ,it was working just fine but after a week a problem has been started in an headphone jack a static noise was is there and i have tried everything even updating the driver its not working can anyone help?...
  10. Headphone Jack Problem

Headphone Jack Problem: Hey everyone! Sorry to post another question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere, unfortunately :( As you can see by the title, I have a problem with my headphone jack. What happens, is whenever I plug in my earphones (I've tried using a couple different pairs, the...