Windows 10: Problems with Desktop after upgradeing to Windows 10

Discus and support Problems with Desktop after upgradeing to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded my Dell Insprion 11 laptop to Windows 10 today. Shortly after the upgrade, I rebooted. Now, my desktop will not display; only the tiles. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rockytop, Jul 29, 2015.

1. rockytop Win User

Problems with Desktop after upgradeing to Windows 10

I upgraded my Dell Insprion 11 laptop to Windows 10 today. Shortly after the upgrade, I rebooted. Now, my desktop will not display; only the tiles. I can see my background picture, but I cannot make the tiles move. Also, the screen on my laptop is supposed to reposition but it "sticks" in one positon. I checked the flag which will lock the screen position and it is "off". Any suggestions will greatly appreciated. Thanks...

:)

rockytop, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Problems with desktop after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Annie,

In order to assist you better, we need the following information:

• What do you mean by no desktop?
    • What do you mean by except as a file not screen?
    Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I would suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please see the article provided below, which will guide you on how to ask questions.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Please reply to assist you better.

Vinodh.V, Jul 29, 2015
  3. AnnieMR Win User
    Problems with desktop after upgrade to Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now can't find my desktop, except as a file - not a screen. I've chased round trying to find ways to get it back, but with no success. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

AnnieMR, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Problems with Desktop after upgradeing to Windows 10

1. Problems with Desktop after upgradeing to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems Desktop upgradeing

2. Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade: Hi, Acer travel mate lap top upgraded to window 10 a few years ago. Windows 10 is a real pain. constantly losing wifi at the drop of a hat when ever I ask it to do a task. Have installed blue tooth usb device which worked well for a couple opf months then it start to...
  3. Problems after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after upgrade to windows 10: My installed ram has reduced to 2gb from 8gb after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1! I use virtual box to operate various operating systems but unable to do this due to lack of ram can you please help?...
  4. Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade my computer "mysteriously" connected to Public and can't use Printer now. Trying to reset to private. How do I do that? Is that a connect solution? Will private setting stop SPAM?...
  5. Ton of problems after upgrading to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ton of problems after upgrading to Windows 10.: I just finished upgrading to Windows 10. In the hopes of a clean install, I had selected the remove everything option. Once I had the desktop screen, I went and installed the HP Support Assistant. I realized my Audio wasn't working properly, so I checked my Control Panel and...
  6. Battery Problems After Upgrading to Windows 10

Battery Problems After Upgrading to Windows 10: [img] As you can see here, the battery is stuck at %10, Windows tells me that it needs 5 minutes for a full charge, and this is how it is for the past hour. All this began after the Windows 10 update. the first days it was much better, showing up to 4 hours of battery...
  7. Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10?

Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10?: Okay, I'm not sure if these are Windows 10 problems or not, but I just upgraded maybe 10 days ago and am having 2 hardware problems. I know for sure 1 was not occurring immediately. I cannot remember 100% if #2 problem occurred immediately after upgrading or if it started...
  8. Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade: I upgraded to Windows 10 and after installation I noticed that not all of my videos would play. I mainly use the Chrome browser and some videos would play with no problem but others would buffer the video but never start playing. I tried playing the video using Edge and that...
  9. Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade: I upgraded to Windows 10 three days ago and I now have innumerable problems. Firstly I can't open the start menu. If I right click on it I get the usual context menu but left clicking doesn't activate the new start menu. Secondly although I have the search bar I'm not able to...
  10. problems after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    problems after windows 10 upgrade: Hallo, I am having a couple of problems and I don't know if they are related or each needs to dealt with separately. I keep getting this message "the external tool disk defragmentation GUI could not be found for os windows unknown major release service pack 0...