Windows 10: Problems with ELAN Touchpad

Discus and support Problems with ELAN Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using a MSI GP60 Leopard Laptop and have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. My touchpad in Windows 8.1 worked fine but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zap, Jul 31, 2015.

1. ZAP
    Zap Win User

Problems with ELAN Touchpad

Hello,

I'm using a MSI GP60 Leopard Laptop and have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
    My touchpad in Windows 8.1 worked fine but when I upgraded it seemed to stop working. I went to the mouse settings
    and the Elan tab and enabled it back and everything worked again. But then the next day it seemed to have stopped working again. Yet, this time I went to the Elan tab and nothing was there.
    Problems with ELAN Touchpad [​IMG]
    Any help?

:)

2. Had to change palmrest. Windows thinks old ELAN touchpad is still installed. How do I get rid of old device?

Buttons broke on my ELAN touchpad - part of the palmrest. Bought a used one and installed, but the touchpad is Synaptics. Windows 10 keeps installing a driver for ELAN touchpad. I have run wushowhide to prevent this. I got the latest Synaptics driver
    to work by telling Device Manager to let me provide the driver source. The touchpad is connected to the PS/2 port. I backed up my system and tried doing an Update Driver from Device Manager, but that results in the ELAN device driver being downloaded and
    installed still. Also, I tried removing every reference to ELAN in my registry, but nothing keeps Windows Update (other than wushowhide) or Device Manager from trying to update to the old ELAN driver(s). How does Windows Update decide I have an ELAN touchpad
    instead of a Synaptics touchpad? Is there a way to get rid of all the references to the old ELAN touchpad?

LarryWickham, Jul 31, 2015
  3. uncontrolled scrolling

I just turned off the Elan Touchpad, is this the problem?

LindaGerber1, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Problems with ELAN Touchpad

1. Problems with ELAN Touchpad - Similar Threads - Problems ELAN Touchpad

2. Elan Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Touchpad Not Working: Last Night, I used my laptop and the touchpad was working. The next day, after opening the laptop for my studies I realized that my touchpad is not working, I thought that I would restart it, but it didn't work. I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled Elan Touchpad Driver. But...
  3. Elan Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Touchpad Not Working: Last Night, I used my laptop and the touchpad was working. The next day, after opening the laptop for my studies I realized that my touchpad is not working, I thought that I would restart it, but it didn't work. I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled Elan Touchpad Driver. But...
  4. Elan Touchpad problem

Elan Touchpad problem: I restart my laptops left click wont work while typing when I disable palm tracking. I really need my left click to work while typing because I want to play games on my laptop but I can't in this state. Please help me! Driver- Elan Touchpad...
  5. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  6. ELAN Touchpad driver problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ELAN Touchpad driver problem: Hi all! ASUS ROG G751JT - win10 At first I thought is malware or a hardware problem... I need to stop ELAN Touchpad driver getting installed after every restart. I don't want to turn off the updates in Windows... With the driver installed the touchpad works but is only...
  7. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: I have an HP laptop I purchased in January 2019. I spent three days last year working with a tech person to disable the Elan touchpad that came installed. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and enabled the touchpad. Please tell me how to disable it again. It is a constant...
  8. Disable ELAN touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ELAN touchpad: I have an HP laptop 17-by0073cl ...when I got it a few years ago, I kept having a problem with the font size changing all the time just by brushing across the touchpad. Someone gave me the solution where I had to change a code and it worked great....for months and months....
  9. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64
  10. Missing elan touchpad

Missing elan touchpad: After a windows update my elan touchpad stopped working. How can I reinstall the driver? It has been a mess! 87294