Windows 10: Problems with Face Recognition after Sleep Mode

Discus and support Problems with Face Recognition after Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just got my Dell Inspiron 23 Series 7000 All-in-One desktop computer with 23" Touch Screen and Intel 3d RealSense camera. I have activated the Facial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WaltDinLV, Jul 31, 2015.

1. WaltDinLV Win User

Problems with Face Recognition after Sleep Mode

Just got my Dell Inspiron 23 Series 7000 All-in-One desktop computer with 23" Touch Screen and Intel 3d RealSense camera. I have activated the Facial Recognition login feature at highest level which seems to work quite well with the 3D camers. However, I have run into a bug. I activated a 30 minute Sleep Mode in the settings. After returning later the screen was blank and moving the mouse brought the screen to life. There was references to Facial Recognition, but the camera was off. There was a message saying that the camera was in Power Save mode and that moving the mouse would release it from this mode. I moved the mouse, a lot. No change. I tried the following:

1) Clicking on the Enable Facial Recognition Button in the bottom left corner - no result

2) Clicking on the User ID button in the bottom left corner and then clicking on the Enable Facial Recognition button below it. For a brief moment the camera came on and my face was displayed in the proper location, but then disappeared and I again saw the message about moving the mouse to disable Power Save mode.

3) I also enabled the Gesture secondary security measure during setup, and since the Grid was displayed, tried entering the gesture. About half way through the gesture, it forgot what I entered and reverted to a blank grid.

4) I tried clicking on the User ID button in the lower left corner and entered my password. It was apparently not recognized as no login occurred, but no error message about invalid passwords displayed either.

I repeated several of these steps about two more times each, until finally I was able to login using my password.

This would appear to be a major glitch in the code, apparently brought on by Sleep Mode and Power Save modes. Suggest coders look into resolving this. Hopefully they can recreate the issue in the lab.

Walter D Thompson, Jr
    Retired Director of IT

:)

WaltDinLV, Jul 31, 2015

2. Double sign in redquired on HP ENVY 17t Notebook since Build 16299 was installed?

From a cold start or restart, I have to sign in twice to unlock the computer. The first time it recognizes my face (Hello) and then requires a second sign in. Although face recognition is offered as an option, it doesn't function and password or PIN has
    to be used. How do I get rid of the second sign in being required?

Second sign in is not required from sleep mode and face recognition works fine.

EdFriedman, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Face-recognition not working after Windows 10 update 1709

Thank you.

I have done that.

Updated the drive - did not fix it.

Removed the device then rebooted - symptom changed:

On a fresh boot up, I cannot login using face recognition.

But when waking up from sleep, the face recognition works fine.

PhilippeJeanjean, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Problems with Face Recognition after Sleep Mode

1. Problems with Face Recognition after Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Problems Face Recognition

2. Problems with face recognition and fingerprint sensor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with face recognition and fingerprint sensor: Hi,I had to reset my computer completely and now I can't use the fingerprint reader or the IR camera to log in, I already tried so many things. I noticed that in the device manager, I didn't have the biometric device tab, so I fixed this. Now my problem is that there isn't...
  3. Face Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Face Recognition: Hi Talita,I carried out the operations you requested as above. The first ran ok the next two reported Error 87 option unknown. I did check my typed command string twice to make sure it was correct. Would you please check the second and third Cmd string to confirm they are...
  4. FACE RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FACE RECOGNITION: Face recognition has stopped working. Video /pic camera box opens but nothing happens. No button/option to reset...any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-recognition/b205fce5-d559-46f6-b418-2bd423e9dd57
  5. face recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    face recognition: my system is showing that it isn't compatible with face recognition.my system is intel core i5 7th generation * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS assumed to be Windows 10...
  6. Face recognition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Face recognition: Hi. Photo in Windows 10 seems to recognise a few face pictures but how make it more efficient. Is there an option I should know or use ? Thanks for helping submitted by /u/ericbernatchez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuhe04/face_recognition/
  7. Face Recognition

Face Recognition: My Windows Hello stopped working suddenly. I tried to set it up again but it will not let me take a picture in the Windows Hello setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-recognition/f308752c-e208-47ef-bd05-b0a7467ae950
  8. Face Recognition

Face Recognition: I have a surface pro used by my husband and myself. As I clicked on my account to sign in, my 2yo daughter was standing infront of the screen while I was standing. To my surprise, the laptop signed in using my daughter’s face. And I tried it so many times. Is this normal?...
  9. face recognition and PIN login problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    face recognition and PIN login problem: I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10. After the initial startup and setting of a new PIN and face recognition the it automatically updated. On attempting to login face recognition attempted to engage and login several times until that locked as a...
  10. face recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    face recognition: My face Recognition was uninstalled by a microsoft tech, how do I reinstall it???????????? I have windows 10 and it has worked since I bought my computer and just stopped. It said camera could not be turned on before he uninstalled it. All my setting were on. I spend over an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows face recognition sleep mode